Anyone Thinking About Skipping PS4/XBOX1 For PC?

I have no desire to build a pc for gaming as i have no space, so I stick with muh ps3/4 for games.

The new generation is really lacking, but its always like this in the first release months of the system.

It'll pick up, but maybe I'm just losing interest in video games as well...

I'm in class so I will make a another post with links but
X4
Fm2 88x board
8gig
Blu ray
R9 270
PSU
Case

Tell me what size do you want? Are you willing to pay about $40 more for console size computer or regular is fine.

Also what controller do you have now
I'm butt nekkid out here. I don't have anything. Whatever info you have is super appreciated. Good looking out fam. REPPED!

The only time videogames are a waste of time are when you choose to do it over something more worthwhile IMO. For me, I would never choose videogames over going out, climbing a mountain, or spending time with friends and fam.

But if I want to straight up chill and nothing else to do, videogames are such a relaxing outlet. Especially nowadays, with the production values of these games rivaling Hollywood films, its like being part of a movie let alone watching one.

I stopped gaming on consoles about 3 years (-ish) ago. That was a few years after I started playing cs:s which I loved ever since I played it on my friend's original xbox when they ported it over.

I prefer PC gaming but consoles are better for times when you and your homies wanna smoke some herb and play 2k or somethin

Last edited:
If you all are wanting to simulate the PS4, XBOX, living room experience. Along with some of the components Miles listed. Take a look at the Fractal Designs, BitFenix and Silverstone cases. Attractive, living room worthy PC chassis'. Falcon Northwest makes good-looking ready-made builds.

Another cool aspect of the living room gaming PC, is the ability to game in 3D, using Nvidia Vision.

Last edited:
I was going XB1, but I'm still in the fence and now leaning towards PS4 because it's better spec'd on paper, and doesn't have the all-seeing eye watching you. I'm going to get some more info and make my decision in a month or so.

steam machine

steammachines837ibuypower.jpg

$499
multicore AMD CPU
discrete AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics card
Valve's Steam Controller
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
500GB hard drive
Valve's Linux-based Steam OS

So hot.

And the cool thing about it is, you don't even need it to use the Steam OS.

OPTIONS!! :wow:

:lol:

i wonder how much value does this really offer long term. technically you could grab a gaming pc, but at console size and hook it up to tv. with wireless keyboard and mouse, you could play PC spec games from PC to TV in living room right as you would with ps3 or w.e..also pc is upgradable if you are about that life 5-7 yrs.

steam box is a cool idea, but what it comes across to me is a PC type console with linux based software that operates via steam servers. with a unorthodox controller (that i wanna try). and you get to play steam games which are essentially PC. well how does this differentiate itself from this?

Alienware-X51-next-to-Xbox-360-Slim.jpg

25kt1d4.jpg

s-openedup.jpg

iADGgqPAhS9qu.jpg

i think steam box is a cool idea and def interested to see where it goes, but a big part of its success will be the games offered. PC imo don't offer quite a solid library of games like consoles do. but they run **** in the graphics dept. B4 currently looks :x :wow: on PC. much better than ps4 and one. but outside an extensive library, i can see why consoles are the way to go.

...actually another advantage of a console sized PC is you can stream much more media to a TV than a console. and i think manufacterers need to start making these consoles even more media friendly. microsoft executed a solid strategy by partnering up with services like Fios , ESPN, Netflix, and HBO to offer streaming service. i wish sony could follow suit.

Last edited:
I have a gaming PC, have a 360, and plan on buying a One.

I play games across all three platforms.

I always hated how 2k has shafted the PC community though.

Last edited:
To be honest none of the next generation gaming consoles move me. These new consoles arent as future proof as the previous generations where at release and the new "killer" features of the consoles all can be done via a pc. I feel MS and Sony are a little late to the market with a connected device (with smart tvs out how many devices do I need to watch netflix) and the pricing seems a bit much when gaming isnt as good as it used to be.

Personally I feel like If i just want to play games a PC I could invest the 400-500 dollars into gaming parts and probably run the games as good as these new consoles. The only thing stopping me at this point is developers to treat the PC equally to these next-gen consoles.

Am I alone with these feelings towards this next-gen consoles or are any other fellow NTers feeling the same?

$400-500 you won't get console quality.

I'm butt nekkid out here. I don't have anything. Whatever info you have is super appreciated. Good looking out fam. REPPED!

Ok I'm Back from hanging with a nice lady now for a quick list for a Nice PC is this.

Case Rosewill Matx with a PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147168

500gb hard drive you could for a Terabyte for $10 more
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148767

Basic Motherboard that will last for a good minute
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138388

8gigs of ram
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148540

Quad Core CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113348

Blu Ray Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136268

R9 270 a great new gpu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127769

Xbox 360 controller
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109243

Basic mouse keyboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109242

Now all this comes around to $625 because this is for the people who have NOTHING but a TV.

Now alot of this of course could be done better and I would recommend but it is NOT necessary but around $50 more for a few extras. PC gaming is not that expensive as things are ALOT easier and when Windows 9 comes out you can do a quick and simple upgrade.

my boy been trying to convince me to build a PC for a while now... 

to hear them tell it, people on PC's been playing "next gen" games for years. 

it's just something about the PC that i cant get hip to... it's pure ignorance and I know this... won't deny it 

it's like people that wont buy store brand food... even tho the **** often tastes better

I converted 3 friends and we all love it. Trust its great

I've posted this here before but here is my rig:

View media item 669707
Specs in sig. Haven't played console games in years.
Nice heres a quick pic of what I sit at.

View media item 670128
Right now the PC is a mess till Friday when my SG08 comes in

Video games are a huge waste of time and money. Get a real hobby

Alot of hobbies are a waste of time but people enjoy them

I tried PC gaming before, couldn't get into it like I thought I would. I can say it was pretty fun playing with so many people quickly though, it's just easier to pop in a disc and get to work though.

I tried PC gaming before, couldn't get into it like I thought I would. I can say it was pretty fun playing with so many people quickly though, it's just easier to pop in a disc and get to work though.

What do you mean?

I still have several PS3 games like Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption I need to play. I'll get a PS4 late 2014

I'll probably be picking a PS4 up around next Spring since there are literally no games I want and at least 40 games I still want to play on my PS3, excluding upcoming releases. Xbox would probably be copped late 2014/early 2015.

I might look into a gaming rig depending on how I'm feeling about this new generation in 2-3 years.

They're a good source of entertainment for a lot of people.

After 8hrs of work,

A gym session,

and dinner...

I like to pop in a video game for a little bit.

Isn't any more of a 'waste of time' than collecting sneakers, posting on nt, going to the movies, sleeping in, etc etc

If its a source of entertainment let them cook. people need a way to unwind in their own way. :smile:
There are way more constructive ways of unwinding. I'd much play sports outside, go talk to real life people, or improve myself rather than go stare at a screen. Video games are by nature addicting and thus become a huge time sink even for people just using them as a release. Them being a time sink is one thing but they're an expensive time sink; what are games? Like 60 bucks. No thanks Jeff. Would Mich rather spend that on books or quality foodstuffs

Anyway to setup Xbox or PS4 with multiple monitors like 3 with 2 angled on the sides?

nope, im getting one or the other(possibly both, xbox1 has improved significantly since the terrible beginning)

Back
Top Bottom