Anyone Thinking About Skipping PS4/XBOX1 For PC?

To be honest none of the next generation gaming consoles move me. These new consoles arent as future proof as the previous generations where at release and the new "killer" features of the consoles all can be done via a pc. I feel MS and Sony are a little late to the market with a connected device (with smart tvs out how many devices do I need to watch netflix) and the pricing seems a bit much when gaming isnt as good as it used to be.

Personally I feel like If i just want to play games a PC I could invest the 400-500 dollars into gaming parts and probably run the games as good as these new consoles. The only thing stopping me at this point is developers to treat the PC equally to these next-gen consoles.

Am I alone with these feelings towards this next-gen consoles or are any other fellow NTers feeling the same?

The new consoles do nothing for me. Im not really into PC's though. My Ps3 and 360 are doing just fine , even though they have been collecting dust for months. The PS3 is basically my blu-ray player . Work + 3 kids = No time for games :lol:

I'm digging the XB1 but I'm waiting until later next year to purchase. I never buy the first run of electronics anymore. I wait until they work out all of the bugs and then buy.

There are too many dope games on the ps3/Xbox 360 generation I've yet to get around to that are crazy cheap to buy used.

Just bought the first 2 uncharted games yesterday.

I'm pretty sure ill cop a ps4 when fifa 15 comes out though.

I agree though on not being crazy impressed by the ps4/XB1.

NES->Snes/Genesis->N64/PS->Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox->PS3/360 were all great leaps, especially the ones up until the Xbox.

I guess the argument is how much better can video games get, but the point is that the leap into this current gen isn't really doing it for me like that either, seems like more of a natural progression than a technological jump forward.

Last edited:
PS4 will come later...not worth the cop right now. i just grabbed a ps3 instead (arkham asylum, ni no kuni, shadow of colossus x Ico HD collection) and am trying to catch up since ive been on 360 this whole time. gonna grab the uncharted series this season. and i still need to grab gta5, arkham origins (i beat city for 360) and The Last of Us)

as far as PC is concerned, im interested, but ive only given myself battlefield 4 as a reason. consoles get games you wouldn't see on PC. also in regards to PC, there is steam box coming out so im keeping a close eye on how that platform evolves...

i lowkey want a 3DS but i don't know if id ever get to use it with a commute. i still have 1st gen psp and haven't shown it enough love honestly..

Last edited:
All the exclusive games out right now are extremely boring besides Forza. I'll probably pick up both eventually, probably around mid-late 2014

Yes.

I have absolutely no interest in either new system and won't until virtua fighter 6 is announced.

A gaming PC cost about $600-$700 from scratch if you have nothing to use. It will at most require $350 upgrade every 4 years. You will save a bunch of money on games and have a much better experience.

Or a Wii U for $300

I have both and love em

If you have a mouse/keyboard and controller I can show you a list of parts for $500 that will play everything

Last edited:
Was just talking to the Comcast guy about this. He was asking me if I'm getting a PS4 and I was showing him my PC setup with Steam, and dude honestly seemed more interested in my PC setup.

I'd rather put $400-500 into PC upgrades and form my own console. I hope the PC scene grows larger than where it is.

Steam sale is goin down in a few days :smokin

The fact that there are zero games out for these new consoles that I'm even remotely interested in makes me not get one. Whenever a game exclusive to Xbox One or PS4 comes out then I'll think about buying one.

For those interested in building a PC check this thread out. http://niketalk.com/t/283801/official-pc-thread

I built mine a couple years ago and it's still going on strong, playing every new game without any issues. Only thing I've added since I first put it together was a second hard drive. I want to build a complete new build soon though to use as a HTPC

A gaming PC cost about $600-$700 from scratch if you have nothing to use. It will at most require $350 upgrade every 4 years. You will save a bunch of money on games and have a much better experience.

Or a Wii U for $300

I have both and love em

If you have a mouse/keyboard and controller I can show you a list of parts for $500 that will play everything

Two different experiences if you ask me.

You arent going to be wowed by first generation console games.

You guys have touched on everything i was thinking.

Not impressed with ps4 or xb1 launch titles so not copping yet.
But idk how big the PC gaming market is i would think developers would favor the consoles just due to the bigger market.

I played CS source a lot in college and loved it so im cool with a keyboard and mouse control...but would need a controller for the sports games. Also there is something to be said about the gaming system being on the "main" tv in your house when friends come over to play. I am assuming you could do that with a pc but i know i wouldn't want to unhook everything and move it...or keep it attached to my main tv all the time.

I don't think id ever spend the money on a high end gaming PC since i don't really game enough to warrant doing that honestly. But that is the same reason i am waiting on ps4/xb1 purchase...i haven't even played gta5 yet...im still working my way through kingdom hearts 1.5 remix :lol:

I tried PC gaming a few years ago and couldn't get into them.

1 - it costs to play... meaning if you want the FULL experience you need to keep you computer up to date. it can be expensive. The xbox or ps are a flat fee to be able to play games for the next 5-7 years. no need to upgrade ram/video cards/processors/etc
2 - my friends are console gamers. I tried to talk to them about it but it was a no go
3 - I like my gaming rig... too lazy to do the extra stuff to make it worthy of a PC

Its all preference tho. I definitely respect PC gamers

Two different experiences if you ask me.

You arent going to be wowed by first generation console games.

The hardware of this generation of consoles is as close to consumer pc hardware as ever. The online experience is probably the biggest thing lacking from PC gaming (a unified system but steam can obviously work on things like this if they want to be taken seriously). I would say the XBOX Live/PSN friends expereience is the biggest thing lacking.

For those wondering if this future generation will face the same problem with PC Ports being second rate read this article:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2043...le-victories-are-a-big-win-for-pc-gamers.html

In theory we should be getting better ports this time around because of the similarity of hardware between the consoles and PCs.

My brother has jumped shipped from Ps3 to PC because he wants to play MMOs.

I am paying 799.99 for a gaming rig for him:x

There are too many dope games on the ps3/Xbox 360 generation I've yet to get around to that are crazy cheap to buy used.

Just bought the first 2 uncharted games yesterday.

I'm pretty sure ill cop a ps4 when fifa 15 comes out though.

I agree though on not being crazy impressed by the ps4/XB1.

NES->Snes/Genesis->N64/PS->Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox->PS3/360 were all great leaps, especially the ones up until the Xbox.

I guess the argument is how much better can video games get, but the point is that the leap into this current gen isn't really doing it for me like that either, seems like more of a natural progression than a technological jump forward.

Dreamcast be the goat b

Miss that system. Had a keyboard. Internet. Online play. Memory cards was fresh too.

Power stone was the goat game on that. Sonic adventure also. Im boutta break it out again and play it. NBA 2k1 was dope too. Playing as redman :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom