Anyone still balling in Kobe 1's?

Thinking about coping a pair off of ebay...

Had a pair back in the day, but they were 1/2 size too big so I never really gave em a chance.

Compared to more recent versions of his signature shoe, how do they compare?

I tried them on when I found them at a marshalls for $40, but they felt a little too bulky and the top was too high. But I heard it was real durable, had greatcushioning and comfort, only problem was the lockdown.

unfortunately i retired my zk1 last year, but as far as performance goes they are still very relevant today. the reason that they ever feel bulky is due toits wide base, that keeps the shoe so stable. but that shoe never lost traction, one of my favorite hooping shoes to date

Still not a bad shoe, what is it, 3 years later? I rock them from time to time, but mine are beat.

I still use my "All-Star" pair outdoors. They're holding up great. The nice thick zoom-air is great for the concrete.

I still have a pair on ice cause I absolutely loved these.

Compared to the more recent kobe's? The Kobe III and IV have gone a bit more low profile especially the IV.

The Lebron Six reminds me a BIT of the Kobe 1's

My only complaint with the Kobe 1's would be the ankle support. The upper is a bit flimsy, and it's tough to get fully locked down. I would say theKobe II's are a better overall shoe if you're looking for a Kobe shoe with a bit more "shoe" to it...something a bit more substantial thanthe flywire and lunar foam.

i never bought a pair, but those were nice, he messed up with the new ones, it just dosent look like a balling shoe, probably cause its lowtop. kobe is stillthat dude

Picked up blackout pair at ross for 40 and have been ballin in them ever since. I usually ball outside with them on, so be careful in the gym because the backheel is starting to wear off for me, probably due to age if not for the quality of the bottoms.

Still play in the Sharkfins, almost 4 years later, and they are still great. I never had a lockdown problem like the others, laced through the tongue at thetop. Zoom is starting to feel dead, but overall it is still in great shape.

I still play in mine from time to time... It's true when people
say they're incredibly durable. It feels like i've completely beat them
to the ground but they still perform really, really well.

One of my all time favorite shoes to ball in

still my favorite out of the entire kobe line. Better traction than the IV's. Fit fine to me

I use my BlackOuts for the court. Nothing is easier on my feet. Used my All Star's to run a 5k a couple months ago, just for cushioning purposes. Notone problem.

i bought 4 pairs of AZK1, and im still rocking them today!! AWESOME SHOES!!! MOST FAV!!! i really hope they reretro them in a few years, so i can buy another4+ pairs...

I like the Kobe I's because they have the best cushioning in his sig line (but the II's are right up there). I wear a pair of the mamba's everydayand they've held up, zoom air wise.

^^I also have about 4 pairs of the Kobe I's haha

Kobe 1's were great to play in for me. The only negative for me was the ankle support, it took a little while to get used too, my ankle felt exposed. Otherthan that they were good.

Ankle support has never been an issue due to the wide sole.
I love the ZKI as much as much as my XIV's. ZK IV is in 3rd or 4th behind the Zoom BB I
I stocked up when the hit 29.99

i play in the 81 point editions and i dont have that many complains about em, but i havnet played in any other Kobe's so i cant compare em

Originally Posted by Schwollo

Ankle support has never been an issue due to the wide sole.
I love the ZKI as much as much as my XIV's. ZK IV is in 3rd or 4th behind the Zoom BB I
I stocked up when the hit 29.99
im jealous of your collection!!! i love the allstar colorway and white/grey, they are soo pimp!

Thanks guys...Trust me when I say I've tried every great guard shoe out there and the I' just continue to win. Kobe IV's are close (going to trythe V's when they get shipped to me). AJ XIV's are just as good as the Kobe I's..I think ya'll have seen my XIV's collectionthough.....
glasses.gif

i think the zk1 were good during it's time. now there are new shoes that i prefer. mine are just used for outdoors. i got another fresh new pair buti'm not going to use it often.

Back
Top Bottom