Anyone purchase SLAM Kicks Mag 09?

Originally Posted by maxx4700

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

Originally Posted by kobehead

They should have picked someone else other than Rose to be on the cover... *cough* Kobe *cough*
happy.gif

A Kobe cover would have been nice, but anybody other than Rose would have been better...

Gotta make the sponsors happy... Adidas buys the SLAM back cover every issue, and Wilson has been in for a minute now. They wanna stay afloat, its tough for magazines right now.

Ummm... Wasn't LeBron on the cover last year with the ZL6?

Here it is, y'all...
c50362604117012b6678ecbdc732fcd9ed94ce29.jpg

Rose, or "Young Power", as me and my boys call him, certainly deserves a cover -- but adidas don't.

It's not his fault that adidas are weak. But it kinda is his fault for choosing them -- but it's also Nike's bad for let the best baller in hisclass go without rocking the Swoosh. But one has to wonder -- why not a LeBron cover story and lavish pictorial, since his VII is arguably the most highlyanticipated new skool joint in quite some time? Instead you get a generic three-stripe monstronsity... but I digress.

The mag's okay -- respect paid to the 95/96 class of kicks, Jordan return to retro's article is reassuring -- but I don't know why I bought thisissue. Nostaglia? You already know whut all the kicks look like, but sometimes it's nice to have an actual thing to read, not a computer screen to glareat...

Saw it at my local news stand, took me about a minute to flip through it and throw it back. What a piece of crap, just like the it's sister mag SLAM.

Originally Posted by T21D

Saw it at my local news stand, took me about a minute to flip through it and throw it back. What a piece of crap, just like the it's sister mag SLAM.
yea i agree with you on that one Fred...but i bought it though...
eyes.gif

-Tyler

Only good read was the Michael Jordan Legacy on sneakeres...it had a few paragraphs with MaZe on the upcoming SJs and Infrared/Varsity Red VIs.

I'm still pissed Nike couldn't snatch some marquee players from the '08 Draft(Rose, Beasley, Gordon)

I woulda loved to see a Rose sig, even tho they would have had a problem tryna Market him.

Imagine Rose in the hyperizer commercial or doing something similar to "The Lebrons" series.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

That's his only problem, he doesn't have the personality to be marketed properly.

They should have picked someone else other than Rose to be on the cover... *cough* Kobe *cough*
happy.gif

A Kobe cover would have been nice, but Rose deserves one. Kobe will get some later and probably Rose too.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

happy.gif

wrong.

QFT

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by David Choi

I got the mag but i cant load up the pic
mad.gif

DUCKTALES! The most recent SLAM Mag says the magazine won't be released until August 26th. Prove me wrong if you would like... until then, you're a horrible liar. and so am i.
aye Ramz, i picked it up two days ago. on the 24th of August so you should check you facts.

Originally Posted by Rick Kang

Here it is, y'all...

Rose, or "Young Power", as me and my boys call him, certainly deserves a cover -- but adidas don't.

It's not his fault that adidas are weak. But it kinda is his fault for choosing them -- but it's also Nike's bad for let the best baller in his class go without rocking the Swoosh. But one has to wonder -- why not a LeBron cover story and lavish pictorial, since his VII is arguably the most highly anticipated new skool joint in quite some time? Instead you get a generic three-stripe monstronsity... but I digress.
I am no adidas superfan, but you sound as if you have a swoosh tattooed on your heiny.

Haven't bought Kicks since Iverson was on it. Why buy something I read on NT 3 months earlier?

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

happy.gif

A Kobe cover would have been nice, but Rose deserves one. Kobe will get some later and probably Rose too.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

happy.gif

wrong.

QFT

mad.gif

DUCKTALES! The most recent SLAM Mag says the magazine won't be released until August 26th. Prove me wrong if you would like... until then, you're a horrible liar. and so am i.
aye Ramz, i picked it up two days ago. on the 24th of August so you should check you facts.
With the success the ZK4 have had and Kobe winning the chip, I felt like Kobe deserved this cover...
ohwell.gif

^
Word,
D-Rose Adidas are whack,
this issue is whack as hell.

Would have been dope to see Kobe on the cover.

KObe was on the cover of the last SLAM +@*, somehow I think the loyal readers of SLAM woulda rioted if KB was on the KICKS +@* as well
wink.gif

checked it out today at barnes and noble , it was weak on the number of pages. didnt have much articles either. shoes i already seen.
Wasnt enough to get me to buy it. ALSO Bought the ESPN michael jordan special edition instead
with the siICK gatorade poster.

mad.gif

DUCKTALES! The most recent SLAM Mag says the magazine won't be released until August 26th. Prove me wrong if you would like... until then, you're a horrible liar.
laugh.gif
fam makes it sound like theres a national release datefor a magazine.

I got it like a week ago at Wal Mart. Some solid $@@!. I am interested in seeing some of those Nike Air Max basketball joints.

seen it this past weekend at wal-mart
read the articles i liked and put it back
no cop!
laugh.gif

Every time I purchase a slam mag I yearn for the thick, filled to the brim issues of the late 90's and early 00's.
joint takes like 10 minutes to read.

Originally Posted by Rick Kang

Here it is, y'all...

It's not his fault that adidas are weak. But it kinda is his fault for choosing them -- but it's also Nike's bad for let the best baller in his class go without rocking the Swoosh. But one has to wonder -- why not a LeBron cover story and lavish pictorial, since his VII is arguably the most highly anticipated new skool joint in quite some time? Instead you get a generic three-stripe monstronsity... but I digress.

The mag's okay -- respect paid to the 95/96 class of kicks, Jordan return to retro's article is reassuring -- but I don't know why I bought this issue. Nostaglia? You already know whut all the kicks look like, but sometimes it's nice to have an actual thing to read, not a computer screen to glare at...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom