Anyone own a Jetta?

nerd.gif

less than $10000.

hows maintainence on it? and reliability? I see them go for super cheap

I remember when I wanted one as my first car, then I realized I was a guy.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

less than $10000.

the only thing that goes wrong pertaining to my car is the fact that i have a curse where i run over every nail in the road. so yea. the rest of the car isreliable

they are reliable but they have their weird VW problems... i always recommend a jetta to people looking for a car...its affordable, great interior compared toother cars in the price range, and the oh so fine german engineering

i drive a GTI btw

I have one.

Parents got me it about April 08, and paid $10,000 or so I believe. I like it, V4 blows, but it gets me from point a to point b and very good on gas mileage.

i own a jetta, depends on model.

i own a vr6, but it is much different that a 1.8 or a t.

decent car.

but the parts arent cheap.

less than $10000.

Maintainence has been excellent... I had to go in for a new fuel censor, but that it. I have a 2006, bought brand new.

less than $10000.

Expensive which is one of the reasons I say dont bother. I know various people who own or who have owned jettas and they often had electrical and other issueswith it.

I have an '02 1.8T and I hate it. Kills gas, so many electronic problems, and the window on the passenger side actually fell through the door. Now I have aproblem where the car is starting to overheat when I'm not moving. Check the radiator and coolant level and it's perfectly fine. I hate this car.

I had a 2000 Vr6, nothing but trouble. Parts and labor on the car are expensive. The small things inside the car like the moon roof and glove box door allbroke within a few years. I would definitely stick with a Honda for reliability.

Yeah I own a VR6...it is expensive to maintain...but i love that car..modifications ftw.

and word..the electrics/ windows/etc are real b.s

id stay away from a jetta.

unless it comes with a awarranty

Heres the thing about VWs 98-2004 were the worst years for VWs reliabilty but if you look at the big picture its quite easy to understand. In 98 the new beetlecame out and every car in the lineup was in its first model year and VW was selling the most cars they have ever sold in the span of their existence and to behonest they couldnt keep that keen eye on things. But whats really crazy it was on dumb things like window regulators and simple recalls and thats where thebad perception of vws reliability comes from. Now FF to now if you want a dead simple car with no problem def get a 2007+ Jetta or rabbit. Inline 5 cylinderengine that vws had since they first started making engines lol and no turbos so you dont have to worry about those. But me i drive a 2002 passat v6 OH SOEFFIN SMOOTH

Back
Top Bottom