Anyone On NT Work For Gamestop/EB Games: Vol. It Must Suck !

I used to work there. It's not a bad place to work but it's a pretty bad place to get used games unless you're going when they're having some sort of promotion (buy 2, get 1 free, 30% extra trade in credit, etc). I never had a bad attitude to the customers unless they were acting like jerks but that's just me. I can't speak for any other employees/stores. 

I used to work there. It's not a bad place to work but it's a pretty bad place to get used games unless you're going when they're having some sort of promotion (buy 2, get 1 free, 30% extra trade in credit, etc). I never had a bad attitude to the customers unless they were acting like jerks but that's just me. I can't speak for any other employees/stores. 

I actually like the Gamestop down the street from my house.  I buy all my games used and I stay with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free on used games.  I have the Gamestop Rewards Pro card and I got some Turtle Beach headphones with all the points that I didn't even know I accumulated.  I get emails a couple times a week about sales and I am now getting updates on my rewards points.

It appears as though I am in the minority though with good customer service from Gamestop.  Buying and trading in used games is a huge bonus for me though.  Only game I buy new is Madden and NCAA.  I have to say I am satisfied with the service.

I actually like the Gamestop down the street from my house.  I buy all my games used and I stay with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free on used games.  I have the Gamestop Rewards Pro card and I got some Turtle Beach headphones with all the points that I didn't even know I accumulated.  I get emails a couple times a week about sales and I am now getting updates on my rewards points.

It appears as though I am in the minority though with good customer service from Gamestop.  Buying and trading in used games is a huge bonus for me though.  Only game I buy new is Madden and NCAA.  I have to say I am satisfied with the service.

Everyone's always *****ing about Gamestop and I don't get it.

Their buy back prices for POPULAR games that are still somewhat recent is between 20.00-25.00

It's like you guys want them to buy back your USED games at retail.

Everyone's always *****ing about Gamestop and I don't get it.

Their buy back prices for POPULAR games that are still somewhat recent is between 20.00-25.00

It's like you guys want them to buy back your USED games at retail.

I've never been a fan of these stores either. I'm not a hardcore gamer but I just think their prices are pretty ridic to an extent. Like they'll sell a used game (one that's fairly new) for only $10 less than the price of a brand new one. I don't see the incentive in buying it used.

That being said with all these complaints in here about cruddy customer service and etc, these guys still rake in a boat load of $$$$$. This past black friday, I heard the Gamestop at the mall closest to me made about $20,000 from their midnight opening to about 5 am time frame.

I've never been a fan of these stores either. I'm not a hardcore gamer but I just think their prices are pretty ridic to an extent. Like they'll sell a used game (one that's fairly new) for only $10 less than the price of a brand new one. I don't see the incentive in buying it used.

That being said with all these complaints in here about cruddy customer service and etc, these guys still rake in a boat load of $$$$$. This past black friday, I heard the Gamestop at the mall closest to me made about $20,000 from their midnight opening to about 5 am time frame.

I only have one mom and pop store "near" me. The Gamestops I go to are cool, but always a mess. Haven't had any bad experiences with them. Only really go when they have used game sales, or to just browse the used games section to find any gems I might of missed.

I only have one mom and pop store "near" me. The Gamestops I go to are cool, but always a mess. Haven't had any bad experiences with them. Only really go when they have used game sales, or to just browse the used games section to find any gems I might of missed.

Back
Top Bottom