Anyone On NT Work For Gamestop/EB Games: Vol. It Must Suck !

Just wondering if anyone on here works for them. I know any retail job sucks. But I really HATE this company and avoid as much as possible doing any business with them.

Here's why I hate them so much:

- Horrible customer service.
- Ghetto @@% stores that look run down.
- Horrible prices on buying or selling used games from them.
- Putting a lot of mom & pops video game shops out of business.
- I heard from people I know that only store managers are allowed to attend E3.

Here are a couple of low light experiences I've had with them.

-Went into a local store about 2 weeks ago to see how much they would give me for my working OG PS3 60 GB with 2 DS3 controllers, official blue tooth headset, and HDMI cable. The only offered $90 bucks
indifferent.gif
. I ended up listing it on craigslist and sold it for $240.
- Went in to cop Star Wars The Force Unleashed when it was $19 at Best Buy but BB was sold out. Gamestop tried selling it to me used for $29
laugh.gif

Just wondering if anyone on here works for them. I know any retail job sucks. But I really HATE this company and avoid as much as possible doing any business with them.

Here's why I hate them so much:

- Horrible customer service.
- Ghetto @@% stores that look run down.
- Horrible prices on buying or selling used games from them.
- Putting a lot of mom & pops video game shops out of business.
- I heard from people I know that only store managers are allowed to attend E3.

Here are a couple of low light experiences I've had with them.

-Went into a local store about 2 weeks ago to see how much they would give me for my working OG PS3 60 GB with 2 DS3 controllers, official blue tooth headset, and HDMI cable. The only offered $90 bucks
indifferent.gif
. I ended up listing it on craigslist and sold it for $240.
- Went in to cop Star Wars The Force Unleashed when it was $19 at Best Buy but BB was sold out. Gamestop tried selling it to me used for $29
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Amazon for everything

/
Co sign.

That's were I do most of my shopping for video games, movies, and PC/electronics related stuff.

But I still buy stuff from Best Buy or Target whenever games on sales. Like when I copped NBA 2K11 for $40 a few months back and also BB rewards zone is pretty good.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Amazon for everything

/
Co sign.

That's were I do most of my shopping for video games, movies, and PC/electronics related stuff.

But I still buy stuff from Best Buy or Target whenever games on sales. Like when I copped NBA 2K11 for $40 a few months back and also BB rewards zone is pretty good.

Picked up a San Andreas Gamers Guide to read in there, store clerk said "This aint a library 
indifferent.gif
".
indifferent.gif

Picked up a San Andreas Gamers Guide to read in there, store clerk said "This aint a library 
indifferent.gif
".
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I thought I was the only one. Every time I've been to one the employees always acted as if they didn't want to help anyone.

laugh.gif
I thought I was the only one. Every time I've been to one the employees always acted as if they didn't want to help anyone.

Most of they're regular store employees are teenage kids who are in or just out of high school.

They're store managers are guys who are in their mid 20's to early 30's who look like they are college dropouts or guys who studied to get a MBA but never finished.

Most of they're regular store employees are teenage kids who are in or just out of high school.

They're store managers are guys who are in their mid 20's to early 30's who look like they are college dropouts or guys who studied to get a MBA but never finished.

I don't think I could purchase anything from Gamestop anymore since their rates are ridiculous. Amazon has been my favorite place to buy and sell games.

I don't think I could purchase anything from Gamestop anymore since their rates are ridiculous. Amazon has been my favorite place to buy and sell games.

I hate how they charge those damn refurbishing fees. I brought mafia 2 in brand new condition and dude said it would cost 4 bucks to fix it up??? WHAT ? -_-

I hate how they charge those damn refurbishing fees. I brought mafia 2 in brand new condition and dude said it would cost 4 bucks to fix it up??? WHAT ? -_-

Back
Top Bottom