Anyone making their way back into shoes?

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

naa, i stopped buying J's after the space jams...
This. I still like/wear sneakers tho...
I want the BC3's, I know i wont get them but the Yeezy's too. 
nerd.gif

I go on splurges where I'll buy like a new pair a week. Then I'll go months without even thinking about sneakers.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

i havent bought jordans since 2003, but i came back for the concords 
laugh.gif
....i'll return once again for the columbia XIs.

Matter of fact, every sneaker that i want to buy are sneakers from my childhood/teen years in the 90s

Nike has been dropping some good stuff lately.

I'm still hoping Nike drops these jason kidds 
nerd.gif
 I wanted these back in junior high school

Screen-shot-2011-11-12-at-11.53.28-AM.png
they did retro em internationally...same color too

they're not the same, see my post above. unless there was a whole different release that I'm unaware of...

Jordans in 2011 and 2012, plus the SC Trainer IIs and our own footwear (Hoyas), are definitely reeling me back in. Kinda excited though.

^^^ plus i noticed the Asia release is leather, not the same black suede type material they used on the ogs 

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by Yeah

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

I am the whole dressing better thing I was on for a few months then I realized I have no aspiration to work in a corporate setting or deal with the corporate world on their terms.So yeah I'm back collecting.
Better sooner than later my man. Corporate isn't for everyone, and I know a lot of people who have wasted a lot of years in the work force aspiring to climb the ladder only to realize they reached that glass ceiling years ago.

I stopped collecting shortly after graduating, and I don't ever seeing myself going back to the collecting phase. I might buy a few pairs of Jordans in the future just 'cause, but seeing the quality of JB go down while the prices went up made me realize how insane it was to regularly drop $150+ on a pair of shoes when you can get the same functionality and better quality for a lower price.

But I probably won't... as I've grown older I've become more fond of the minimalistic look, so I'll probably stick with that.
Does that mean they're sitting just beneath this glass ceiling, waiting to break through? They've given up? I understand there are many reasons for not wanting to live the corporate life, but am struggling to understand this one. 
Sincerely, 

Confused

I think he means basically your stuck somewhere where your too old to pursue your dreams. My dream is to win adcc one day and start a sportswear company. Idk why I shared that but Ive never told anybody

I could never get back into the "game."
I'd like to think that I grew up. Truth is, I just can't justify spending the money on sneakers anymore. For what purpose? Why should I give Nike my money? 

Back in h.s, being fresh was a legitimate concern of mine, among other things like grades, sports. etc. Just as well, I was also immature back then.

Now, I'm not as immature; i'm not entirely "grown-up" either, but I'm certainly a lot wiser now than I was back then...

and with that wisdom comes a need to prioritize, between that which is genuinely important and that which is not.

"Fashion", for me, has fallen into the latter group. IDK, nikes, jordans, polo, w/e (insert name-brand)--I really just find 'em corny these days...
ohwell.gif

I still have DS kicks in my closet from when I use to buy shoes, but I can't bring myself to wear 'em. Haven't worn anything "new" on my feet in 3 years, and I'm honestly happy about it. 

/rant...
laugh.gif

How can you guys be going back for this garbage? Sure there have been a few good releases, but even then.....the quality is horrendous, the price is steeper, and you can damn near die trying to get a pair. No thanks. Thats not my style.

Originally Posted by useref15

How can you guys be going back for this garbage? Sure there have been a few good releases, but even then.....the quality is horrendous, the price is steeper, and you can damn near die trying to get a pair. No thanks. Thats not my style.

Not everything is as hectic as the XI Concords. The Adidas D-Rose and Zoom KD's are high quality and reasonably priced. But it's no secret that a lot of Retros suffer in quality and are priced higher.

Still into kicks never really left. Just not into them like I was into them a while back. It just sucks that sneaker quality has dramatically sunk.

My dream is to win adcc one day and start a sportswear company. Idk why I shared that but Ive never told anybody

I'm honored. Your secret is safe here, with the internet <3
Not everything is as hectic as the XI Concords. The Adidas D-Rose and Zoom KD's are high quality and reasonably priced. But it's no secret that a lot of Retros suffer in quality and are priced higher. 

I wouldn't consider the KDs high quality, but that's just me. 
eyes.gif

The Lebron 9 has me seriouspy considering it. There are about 4 or 5 colorways I would purchase.

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

I wouldn't consider the KDs high quality, but that's just me. 
eyes.gif

For a shoe that is sub $100 its pretty good IMO.

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Never left, but I don't buy shoes like I did a few years ago, just a pair here and there
I left by default, moved to Florida, your whip becomes your shoes, not like NYC when you stuntin on the Q, anyway being an older brother, I suffered from "lil bro jackin my kicks" sydrome so Im trying to get what I had.................but damn are they expensive now.................
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've pnly been interested in LeBron's lately. I have NO interest in buying Jordan's again, unless they improve on the quality.

Back
Top Bottom