Anyone Here in the Air Force????

Is there a way where I can be placed at a higher rank with my experience working with aircraft's? I been working on the 777 and 747 structures body join and system installations for 3 years now, I would also, like to see the world as well.

did 6yrs, good experience, learned alot. now im getting paid 2gs a month to go to school + school paid for+ books paid for,
just make sure you go in for what you want, i worked in a joint environment, deployed with the army and air force is the way to go,
*waits for other branches to come in and talk trash*
everyone else talks smack about it, but they know that the AF has it made,
btw AJ fanatic was a tech school instructor when i went thru 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  thats how small the world is...

did 6yrs, good experience, learned alot. now im getting paid 2gs a month to go to school + school paid for+ books paid for,
just make sure you go in for what you want, i worked in a joint environment, deployed with the army and air force is the way to go,
*waits for other branches to come in and talk trash*
everyone else talks smack about it, but they know that the AF has it made,
btw AJ fanatic was a tech school instructor when i went thru 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  thats how small the world is...

Whats good Casper? You still in SA? Man since I PCS'd here I've been gone all the time. Now I'm doing a 6 month deployment. I'm halfway thru now. I'm hoping I move offices since I made Master too so I can stay at home with the family some.

Whats good Casper? You still in SA? Man since I PCS'd here I've been gone all the time. Now I'm doing a 6 month deployment. I'm halfway thru now. I'm hoping I move offices since I made Master too so I can stay at home with the family some.

I've been in for about a year and a half. I'm an air traffic controller. Honestly I love it. Originally I wanted to do maintenance as well. My recruiter talked me out of it because of my ASVAB scores. Looking at it now I'm glad he did. My boys that work on F22's and F15's have the wildest schedules. They don't have any regulations as far as their work/rest cycles. They come in and work until basically someone says go home, that's anywhere from 10-14 hours daily. Being out here in VA that parking ramp gets up to 100+ degrees daily. I'll take my air conditioned control tower any day. Just know what you're getting into beforehand. I'm glad I made the decision to join. I'm 23 and I'll be looking at buying my own home come September. Not many of my boys back in Queens can say the same right now. You people that dog the AF all the time in these threads kill me. Stop speaking on things you know nothing about. You couldn't do what I do on a daily basis. Each branch does their own thing just leave it at that.

To the guy who asked if he can come in at a higher rank because of his experience with aircraft, the answer is no. The only way you come in with higher rank is based on college. If you have a degree or a certain amount of credits then you can get paid as an E-3 right from BMT. Other than that there's really no other chance.

I've been in for about a year and a half. I'm an air traffic controller. Honestly I love it. Originally I wanted to do maintenance as well. My recruiter talked me out of it because of my ASVAB scores. Looking at it now I'm glad he did. My boys that work on F22's and F15's have the wildest schedules. They don't have any regulations as far as their work/rest cycles. They come in and work until basically someone says go home, that's anywhere from 10-14 hours daily. Being out here in VA that parking ramp gets up to 100+ degrees daily. I'll take my air conditioned control tower any day. Just know what you're getting into beforehand. I'm glad I made the decision to join. I'm 23 and I'll be looking at buying my own home come September. Not many of my boys back in Queens can say the same right now. You people that dog the AF all the time in these threads kill me. Stop speaking on things you know nothing about. You couldn't do what I do on a daily basis. Each branch does their own thing just leave it at that.

To the guy who asked if he can come in at a higher rank because of his experience with aircraft, the answer is no. The only way you come in with higher rank is based on college. If you have a degree or a certain amount of credits then you can get paid as an E-3 right from BMT. Other than that there's really no other chance.

im in the army and i see how lush the AF lives on a daily basis, these cats get paid more money per month just because they have to live on the same base with us army folks. Chair force is right my uncle tried to talk me into joining the AF before I chose Army but I thought the AF was for ({})'s ....boy i sure screwed myself on that one. Just know what you want before you go talk to any service branch recruiter...they're all about numbers they dont care about what you want they just want you to join so they can reap the benefits and make the quota.

im in the army and i see how lush the AF lives on a daily basis, these cats get paid more money per month just because they have to live on the same base with us army folks. Chair force is right my uncle tried to talk me into joining the AF before I chose Army but I thought the AF was for ({})'s ....boy i sure screwed myself on that one. Just know what you want before you go talk to any service branch recruiter...they're all about numbers they dont care about what you want they just want you to join so they can reap the benefits and make the quota.

Originally Posted by PopTrunkWave

Here we go ... i work in a joint environment and I see the benefits of each service. But one thing I've noticed in my career field is that Army workers are unreliable because they have to go to Sergeant's time or something EVERYDAY. So of course the AF/Navy/Marine/CG has to cover that. I'm not going to go any further than that though because I have no issues with the Army. Essentially, where I work, there is really no difference in service besides the uniforms because for the most part we do the same thing.

Originally Posted by PopTrunkWave

Here we go ... i work in a joint environment and I see the benefits of each service. But one thing I've noticed in my career field is that Army workers are unreliable because they have to go to Sergeant's time or something EVERYDAY. So of course the AF/Navy/Marine/CG has to cover that. I'm not going to go any further than that though because I have no issues with the Army. Essentially, where I work, there is really no difference in service besides the uniforms because for the most part we do the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom