Anyone here got HID lights on their car? vol. 07 Impala LT

I am trying to get some HID lights on my 07 Impala, which already have daytime running lights. My question is, if I was to get HID lights on my Impala, will it drain my battery since it came with factory installed Daytime running lights and these HID's being aftermarket? Also, are they illegal to get? Thanks in advance. 

The HID's will replace your factory low beam headlights, the HID's will be on as your running lights. The HID's will NOT drain your batter they operate on 12 volts just like your factory lights. I dont think they are illegal as long as you stay away from colors as in blue purple pink green. To be safe I would go with 6k(bright white) or 8k (light blue). 

I have an 08 SS with hids. Basically your hids will replace the dtrl and it will not give your battery any trouble. I went with 6000k

Make sure you install them correctly. Nothing is more irritating than glare from people who couldn't install their HIDs properly.

Gonna get some for my whip.
pimp.gif

Just stay away from the higher temps (8K+). It may be tempting because of the colors (blue tint/purple) but you get LESS light output. You'll regret it in the rain. Trust.

Peace

Originally Posted by NoTurninBack

The HID's will replace your factory low beam headlights, the HID's will be on as your running lights. The HID's will NOT drain your batter they operate on 12 volts just like your factory lights. I dont think they are illegal as long as you stay away from colors as in blue purple pink green. To be safe I would go with 6k(bright white) or 8k (light blue). 

Listen to this guy. Nothing but truth. 

Originally Posted by REDBRIM

Just stay away from the higher temps (8K+). It may be tempting because of the colors (blue tint/purple) but you get LESS light output. You'll regret it in the rain. Trust.

Currently dealing with this problem. And to top it off, I have 35% tint on my front windshield. Night driving is no joke now.

Don't do it! It's illegal. Putting HIDs in reflector housing is VERY dangerous!

If you gonna do it, do it the correct way! Get projectors... Retrofit FTW!!!

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

x2

My dad bought an 03 Honda Pilot that came with HIDs with a color similar to the outsole of 11 Spacejams. It's like a light icy blue tint. They look really good on black or white cars. I haven't seen them on other colored cars though.

All my friends have them and don't seem to have any problems. Just make sure whoever installs them know what they are doing

ohboydanny wrote:
REDBRIM wrote:

Currently dealing with this problem. And to top it off, I have 35% tint on my front windshield. Night driving is no joke now.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Make sure you install them correctly. Nothing is more irritating than glare from people who couldn't install their HIDs properly.

This x 1,000,000.

My friend has a Honda Prelude that has been wrecked 3 times over. Nothing on the front end lines up right so his headlights are at a slight upward angle. 

After the third wreck he decides to PUT IN FREAKING HIDs !!! He constantly has people in oncoming traffic flash their brights at him because it looks like his high beams are on.

When the dude is driving behind me I have to tilt my mirror towards the roof of my car so I don't get blinded. I'm seriously like this
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 whenever he doesn't know how to get where we are going and has to follow me. 

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

x2
This. People like you make it dangerous for other drivers at night.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

x2
This..I hate when I'm driving and I'm blinded by HIDs in factory housing.

Please if you upgrade..go ahead and spend the extra cash to do it right.

AJChick23 wrote:
mondaynightraw wrote:

x2

This..I hate when I'm driving and I'm blinded by HIDs in factory housing.

Please if you upgrade..go ahead and spend the extra cash to do it right.

Wow... I always thought crappy HID setups were inconsiderate but I had no idea it was actually illegal.

I have no plans to install HIDs on any of my vehicals. I got glass headlamps on most of my rides, and I think glass lights with HIDs look way off. 

But... if I were to want to do this,  what is the process ?

I'm assuming is isn't just as simple as taking apart the lamp and stripping the chrome ?

Lots of good advice. Projector housings, don't go over 6000k and it will definitely modernize the look of your car. Make sure (if you don't have auto leveling lights) to manually set the light pattern right before you hit the road. You can park on level ground against a blank wall and manually do this on most cars. Good luck!

got HID's on everything I drive but never above 6K. easy to install as long as you get the right bulb for your set up. get the smallest ballast posible so its easy to hide under the hood and adjust em before you take off. never had a problem with em and I wouldnt think of driving at night with out em.

Those plug and play HID kits may improve your vision but they will be blinding oncoming drivers. If the reflector bowls aren't designed for HID's you'll be shooting light everywhere. Not to mention bringing unnecessary attention to yourself from the cops.

You can look into retrofitting projectors into it but that's a lot of labor. (You take apart the headlight and install aftermarket or projectors from another vehicle into them)

Here's an example of the light output from a projector:

If you gonna do it, do it the correct way! Get projectors
This. HID's in non projector headlamps are
mad.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i know nothing of this but looking to get some for my scion ... will be doing more research
I have 10k in mine and it's gorgeous. When I first got them put in I was paranoid about being pulled over because of the amount of blue that came out but....yolo

Back
Top Bottom