Anyone here go to a prestigious university?

Call it that cause they did me dirty... Extremely grateful for the opportunity...

Never was the person to be all "bruined" out. I have no school spirit ...

@Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

UMD certainly got the job done for most of the people i knew that attended...hell im sort of kicking myself for not going when i got in

a lot of people i went to school with want in on UMD's grad programs (Mason too) since its much cheaper than GW, Gtown, AU, CUA, and Howard...

Last edited:
Went to UCSD for undergrad. Not prestigious like a Berkeley or UCLA, but I'm satisfied overall with my experiences there, looking back at it 4 years later. Made great friends, had a solid foundation.

Hoping to get a prestigious name under my belt for grad school, however, and have the chance to do so.

Last edited:
Went to UCSD for undergrad. Not prestigious like a Berkeley or UCLA, but I'm satisfied overall with my experiences there, looking back at it 4 years later. Made great friends, had a solid foundation.

Hoping to get a prestigious name under my belt for grad school, however, and have the chance to do so.

Ditto.

I highly doubt that recruiting and networking at Michigan, Texas, etc is superior to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, etc. The largest alumni network doesn't mean squat considering you are sacrificing quality for quantity. It is widely known that many of the HRs at Fortune 500 companies filter out job applications simply by school name. IMO, it is worth exponentially more having an ivy league degree than a state school degree.
How does the largest alumni network not mean anything?

It's simple math. Numbers. If you have a large number of alum in these companies, the chance of them hiring someone from their alma mater is ridiculous.

I've worked for more than one company who ONLY hire Penn State engineers. Some of the top companies in the world and in their respective industries.
The engineering firm I interned for in HS was like 90% Penn State grads, from the CEO on down. When I told them I got into Penn St they were trying so hard to push me to go, saying they would personally hook me up with their old professors and whatnot. I didn't end up going though

This was in MD, so Idk about other places in the country but in the MD/PA area Penn State grads run deep and they look out for their own

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom