Anyone here afraid of flying?

i have an international flight from NJ/NY to Beijing to Tokyo... not scared of domestic flights but I am of international..

interesting how certain things bother people. Theres small amount of apprehension whenever I fly, but nothing that makes me seriously nervous or scared.

i have an international flight from NJ/NY to Beijing to Tokyo... not scared of domestic flights but I am of international..

The ocean is scary as hell. I feel you on that. At least on domestic flights you could maybe make a crash landing and have a sliver of hope. Over the ocean though? It's a wrap.

I'm afraid of heights and won't do roller coasters. But to me, that's fine - what am I missing out on, a ride, big deal.

But not flying because you're afraid, that's too much. You're missing out on potentially great travel.

Flying over the ocean definetly triggers something but it passes by. When flying to Mexico and I'm over the gulf it's wild ... flights where you chasing the sunset are dope

Night behind you and day in front of you :pimp:

Wish I could sleep on flights smh. What's some good **** I can take to knock me out?

Youre one of thooose people huh :emoji_unamused:

:lol:

You know what always makes me laugh tho? How they call seating by zones and theyll do 1st class and elderly and kids first but then someone from zone 4 will rush up to the front. Man sit your *** down, the plane isnt going anywhere you already at the gate. Whats your rush? To get on the plane first and then sit there for half an hour?

When the plane lands and everyone jumps up and clogs up the aisle and are elbowing each other and **** and I'm just chilling in my seat until the plane is empty and then I calmly get my bags and meet everyone at Customs :lol:

The ocean is scary as hell. I feel you on that. At least on domestic flights you could maybe make a crash landing and have a sliver of hope. Over the ocean though? It's a wrap.

I've done way more International than Domestic. The ocean is more comforting to me than the land at this point.
Ocean is one big crash landing area. Land you gotta look for somewhere to set down that'll do the least damage.

When the plane lands and everyone jumps up and clogs up the aisle and are elbowing each other and **** and I'm just chilling in my seat until the plane is empty and then I calmly get my bags and meet everyone at Customs :lol:

I've done way more International than Domestic. The ocean is more comforting to me than the land at this point.
Ocean is one big crash landing area. Land you gotta look for somewhere to set down that'll do the least damage.

:lol: word. Unless you gotta connection you have to catch right away i dunno why they so.impatient

That one plane straight disappeared tho

What plane

:nerd:

i have a millisecond of panic sometimes , (even on elevators) but its more claustrophobia than fear of crashing.

i was once in a flight though, 3 hours from singapore to manila, around december i think, worst case of turbulence i have ever experienced. wilder than any rollercoaster ride. the flight was full of middle aged women, and some started praying aloud. proclaiming protection and all that. thats what it got to me. when every one else was so afraid.

then another time, flight was experiencing tubulence again, but the flight was mostly westeners, they didnt even flinch. so i tried not getting scared too

The odd's of me winning the lotto from that scratcher earlier this year are the same exact odds of me flying in an airplane that crashes. Needless to say but yall know which one of those two things I'll never do again in my life.

When I use to travel for work I remember we had to catch a connecting flight in Denver to get home to LA. So I hop on this plane piss drunk ready to wake up and see LAX. We hit the runway harder than Mayweather hits his babies momma....Before the wheels were up the Pilot aborts the take off and we head back to the same spot where we boarded. 45 minutes and a quick prayer to God to delete every single gram of coke that was in my room at the time later we're back on the runway full speed and this damn pilot pulls the same move again. This time he finally informs everyone that he and his co-pilot heard an unfamiliar noise from one engine so we're back to the same spot for an hour before finally taking off and landing safely.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am afraid of flying. Kind of scared knowing my wife and daughter will be on a plane back to CA in a week.

I'm afraid of having a middle seat being 6'4
that and the window seat. Hate it. feel too cramped up. I try to get the aisle seats.

As far as flying, just put on some headphones, close your eyes and zone out. Try to think about something else other than the flight itself.

Im more shook of the actual airport than flying.

you ain't wrong. a lot of variables in a place like that.

I'm afraid of having a middle seat being 6'4

man this is the worst. I already can't sleep on this damn thing, now I have to be jammed in between the only two other 6 foot ************* on the plane.

Id debo the arm rest from your lanky self

fool. you'll be no match for my long reach and pointy Popeye elbows.

you ain't wrong. a lot of variables in a place like that.

man this is the worst. I already can't sleep on this damn thing, now I have to be jammed in between the only two other 6 foot mother****ers on the plane.

fool. you'll be no match for my long reach and pointy Popeye elbows.

Man being a middle eastern male, that **** scary af for me.

As far as the seat...you may win the battle with your pointy elbows but i will win the war. Wait til i knock out and start snoring a storm

Back
Top Bottom