Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

They get their oled panels from lg.
Only difference is Sony processing, design bla bla bla. But the oled panels themselves is lg design.
They will still market the z9 as their top.of the line model when the a1e comes out.

I'm curious what you expected? The 65" A1E OLED isn't much more than the current ZD9. I would have imagined the OLEDs were going to be more.
I imagined that being only the second OLED tv maker in the states that they would have pegged their prices closely to LGs offerings. I was honestly expecting a modest premium over LG's B series line. I thought a 65 inch would have been about $4500.
Like Archiballer mentioned, they get their panels from LG. Nevertheless, I expected an even higher price point than the current ZD9 line. Beautiful TVs, but not $7K+ for me. Maybe if I lived in front of the TV, I'd have a different tune. 

Like Archiballer mentioned, they get their panels from LG. Nevertheless, I expected an even higher price point than the current ZD9 line. Beautiful TVs, but not $7K+ for me. Maybe if I lived in front of the TV, I'd have a different tune. 
I feel you. I wanted to hold out for that, but 6K+ after tax is a huge hit. Right now it looks like its probably gonna be a B6 or B7 for me. 

^ I'm not trying to **** on anybody, but I agree. If you are gonna worry about 4k viewing, its better to get $500-600 less tv than you can afford and cop that receiver. Maybe start with a single center and build up over time.

I don't have a 7.2 set up myself so excuse me if that last comment made me sound like I was trying to **** on anyone. I just can't do a soundbar after hearing a decent set up. I have a respectable 5.2 that is more than enough for me.

I don't have a 7.2 set up myself so excuse me if that last comment made me sound like I was trying to **** on anyone. I just can't do a soundbar after hearing a decent set up. I have a respectable 5.2 that is more than enough for me.
Everything I've ever read says that the benefit from going from 5.anything to 7.anything is nowhere near as big as going from 3 to 5. That's why I'm pretty excited: I've been rocking 3.1 for a while, just because there's no way my gf would deal with the wires from rear channels, but in my new house, we put in in-ceiling rears, so very soon I will finally get to enjoy 5.1.

Last edited:
7 surround speakers. And most likely 2 subwoofers.

Center channel
2 floor standing front.
2 rear speakers
and a sub is normal 5.1

7.2 adds 2 more speakers and another sub
In the ceiling (added 2) or wherever else you decide to put them

Giv3 more of a true movie theater experience.

Honestly a quality 5.1 system is all you would need to enjoy and impress.

Is OLED worth it?
Its entirely subjective. It depends on how much disposable income you have, how much you value picture quality, and how you prioritize screen size vs picture quality.

For instance, when we were out shopping for appliances, I showed my GF the 65B6P and told her that's what I was getting after we close on our house (price in store was like $3500). We walked one aisle over and she saw some Samsung 4K tv that was 10 inches larger for $900 less. It didn't make sense to her that I'd buy a smaller tv for more money. For her, screen size > picture quality.

I would argue that an LG OLED is worth it for the black levels alone, but that's just me.

Is OLED worth it?

Its entirely subjective. It depends on how much disposable income you have, how much you value picture quality, and how you prioritize screen size vs picture quality.

For instance, when we were out shopping for appliances, I showed my GF the 65B6P and told her that's what I was getting after we close on our house (price in store was like $3500). We walked one aisle over and she saw some Samsung 4K tv that was 10 inches larger for $900 less. It didn't make sense to her that I'd buy a smaller tv for more money. For her, screen size > picture quality.

I would argue that an LG OLED is worth it for the black levels alone, but that's just me.
Slickdeals had a 65b6p for 2350 or so. Had me considering it but I dont close for another month and thats really above my budget. But Ive read about KS8000s dying so I might rationalize the expenditure eventually.

Slickdeals had a 65b6p for 2350 or so. Had me considering it but I dont close for another month and thats really above my budget. But Ive read about KS8000s dying so I might rationalize the expenditure eventually.
ielectrica has it for 2599. They seem to have the trust of people over at AVSforum.

What I've read a lot of those folks do is buy it from ielectrica for $2599, using a card that has a price protection program like Discover or Citi's Price Rewind.

Then, directly submit a claim to their credit card to price match ebuyusa's price for the same set, which as of right now is $1305.  

Price matching program's only give you the difference up to $500, but that still reduces the price of the set to like $2100 which is pretty good.

Last edited:
ITs 2350 through their Ebay store. I'm really torn lol just dont want to spend the money right now since I dont have the room for it. Hopefully a better deal is around in a month.

Last edited:
ITs 2350 through their Ebay store. I'm really torn lol just dont want to spend the money right now since I dont have the room for it. Hopefully a better deal is around in a month.
I'm in the same boat. My close date is 3.13. I want that price, however, I don't want to have to have it shipped to my current address and then have to move it myself in less than 4 weeks.

JUMp on this my sister has this after she saw my 930... its honestly almost as good unless watching true 4k content or in a super dark environment

But it does show true 4k content right? This isnt one of those $500 tv lines that says 4k but really isnt?

Really considering copping so any other input is good as well

JUMp on this my sister has this after she saw my 930... its honestly almost as good unless watching true 4k content or in a super dark environment

But it does show true 4k content right? This isnt one of those $500 tv lines that says 4k but really isnt?

Really considering copping so any other input is good as well

Yes it shows true 4K and is HDR which is crucial.

Solid TV really. Comparable to the Samsung KS8000.

Welp thanks for the help homies but looks like the deal is dead. Didnt expect this to be dead before the day was over lol

Back
Top Bottom