Anyone got any tips on roller coaster drops?

Come to NJ

if you can get on this

CoasterPhoto.ashx

kingda-ka-rollercoaster.jpg

roller coaster drops wont be a problem

Nitro is wicked too with all the drops

nitro1.jpg

Yell when it hits the drop. I used to go on and just try and hold everything in and my friend was like you gonna feel worse doing that. You don't have to yell out loud, just enough to relieve some of the pressure. I still don't like roller coasters, but its doable now.

^That place in NJ was my senior trip in middle school. I waited on a long $!$ line for hours for kingda ka and when i was near the front, they stopped everyone to do a test run with no one on it. A seat fell off and they closed the ride. I was heated and relieved at the same time

That feeling before you're about to drop 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

After the stomach feeling goes away though, flying around the track is awesome
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Supremacy

^That place in NJ was my senior trip in middle school. I waited on a long $!$ line for hours for kingda ka and when i was near the front, they stopped everyone to do a test run with no one on it. A seat fell off and they closed the ride. I was heated and relieved at the same time

#+$ like a whole seat just fell off?

CoasterPhoto.ashx

you couldn't pay me to ride this.... 90 degree drop
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
.  where is this located & what's the name of the ride?

^ Kingda Ka @ Six Flags in Jackson, NJ.

Ride isn't that bad honestly. I've been on it a bunch, but half the times it's closed. I like Nitro and El Toro there better.

Originally Posted by useref15

^ Kingda Ka @ Six Flags in Jackson, NJ.

Ride isn't that bad honestly. I've been on it a bunch, but half the times it's closed. I like Nitro and El Toro there better.
I concur, although riding kingda ka in the front is a whole nother experience.  def worth the extra wait.

Flash pass eff that line.. El Toro & Nitro legit Kinda Ka you done in 5 seconds that's why is wack.

Originally Posted by Nawzlew

Originally Posted by odog24

whats wrong with his username???

He's not conquering any G forces.
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by Mister Negative

#Firstworldproblems
laugh.gif

Try clenching your gut and holding your breath (so of like the "hic" maneuver they do in fighter jets). Man, the rush of a roller coaster is much appreciated. 
pimp.gif

Dead serious OP, stand on your head for about a minute against a wall before you go on the ride.

My father works as an engineer here in Australia and he's actually designed a couple roller coasters for a theme park here called Movie World (Google it). Anyway, the problem is he always hated having to test the rides and could never go on them, until his boss told him that an old trick among his Aviation buddies (engineers, pilots, etc.) was to stand on their heads and let the blood rush to it to prepare them for the flight / g force change, etc.

You may think it sounds stupid, but it actually works. I did it when I went to Six Flags in So Cal. People looked at me like I was a damn fool, but I didn't throw up, so jakes on them.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Note, I'm not serious. At all

Even if that's the only death on a ride since this thread was created, that's enough for me to put my roller coaster days behind me.

I get headaches anyway so I'm not about that life anymore.

Back
Top Bottom