Anyone go to Cal Poly Pomona?

Aliso is supposed to be the party dorm i say stay away from cedritos or the computer dorm

just hope you have cool RA's b/c they let you get away with hella stuff

is it better than SLO? i moved down here from SF, only been here a week and a day and im bored as hell.
need huf fitteds 7 1/2 - 7 2/3

im in montecito right now if anyones down here. im pretty damn bored and i cant find any parties.
Boycott Reggaeton

I graduated from Cal Poly Pomona 5 years ago - majored in Accounting.

Changing majors should not really be a problem unless you're going into an impacted major - I went in undeclared and was lucky enough to get into Architecture but later switched to accounting because I figured there would always be accounting jobs out there.

Living in the dorms sucked. People would always stay up playing games on there computers as loud as possible and not giving a **!# about others who perhaps were trying to study. Plus, the food at the Commons was terrible. The village is the place to live over there, just make sure you get roommates you get along with - if possible. They have a shuttle that goes to and from school, which helps avoid the whole parking problem. Weekends were the worst - there was NOTHING to do over there, which is why I always went home instead even though it was about an hour drive.

As stated before, campus life sucked for the most part. No football team to get everyone together like other places. The only thing I enjoyed were the flag football games we had against the other dorms when I lived there. Those were the best. I stayed in Montecito by the way, for 2 years. The last 2 at the village.

As far as getting a good education, Cal Poly was pretty good.

Yo dude, is your name Andrew? Don't ask me how I know you, ha. Name's James, i graduated from Otay in '06 and at State majoring in nursing. I've seen you around here on NT and the Otay/Eastlake area. My homie Ronnel goes to Pomona as well.. and from what I've heard from current students and alumni, I guess the environment is so-so. If anything, i'd tell you more if I actually went there.
Done did it..

Cal Poly is a commuter school so it is much more dead than other universities. If you dorm, having a car is a must.

And if you're bored, socialize as much as you can. Even though there isn't a whole lot to do on campus, it doesn't mean you can't get a group together and do stuff out of Pomona. It wasn't too bad. Most people I know that say that dorm life is boring are the same people who played Counter-Strike with other blokes across the hall.
THaHaHHaHaEHaHaHaDHaHaAHaHaRHaHaKHaHaHaKHaHaNHaHaIHaHaGHaHaHHaHaT
JHaHaHaUHaHaHaLHaHaHaYHaHaHaHa2HaHaHa0HaHaHa0HaHaHa8

Back
Top Bottom