Anyone feel like they're the only TRUE sneakerhead/enthusiast they know?

It can be a lonely or even a hilarious feeling at times. I understand that in this economy many folks can't afford the latest Jordans or other high end sneakers, but I guess I'm coming from a unique perspective in the sense that I'm referring to just an appreciation for the sneaker CULTURE in general, the history behind many of these shoes, and even the technology and work that goes into making the shoes.

I feel like the sneakerhead community is one of the most unique interest groups because on a wider scale you always hear about car, antique, trading card, sci-fi enthusiasts/collectors, but in my opinion sneakerheads are far and in between. Thank goodness for Niketalk!
laugh.gif

What are your thoughts? Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum!

It can be a lonely or even a hilarious feeling at times. I understand that in this economy many folks can't afford the latest Jordans or other high end sneakers, but I guess I'm coming from a unique perspective in the sense that I'm referring to just an appreciation for the sneaker CULTURE in general, the history behind many of these shoes, and even the technology and work that goes into making the shoes.

I feel like the sneakerhead community is one of the most unique interest groups because on a wider scale you always hear about car, antique, trading card, sci-fi enthusiasts/collectors, but in my opinion sneakerheads are far and in between. Thank goodness for Niketalk!
laugh.gif

What are your thoughts? Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum!

Before ya'll start bashing me completely
grin.gif
, I guess lemme clear myself up by saying that around my way there's not too many folks that are into kicks. I'm not judging them, to each it's own, but I was just referring to the fact that you're not gonna see a sneaker head as frequently as you would people who pursue other hobbies, that's all.

Before ya'll start bashing me completely
grin.gif
, I guess lemme clear myself up by saying that around my way there's not too many folks that are into kicks. I'm not judging them, to each it's own, but I was just referring to the fact that you're not gonna see a sneaker head as frequently as you would people who pursue other hobbies, that's all.

Don't get me wrong I like gym shoes and have several pair but I couldn't less about who is a sneaker head and who isn't.

Off topic but I hate going into a shoe store wearing some Jordans and the sales associate wants to discuss new releases and all the shoes they own. I don't care.

Don't get me wrong I like gym shoes and have several pair but I couldn't less about who is a sneaker head and who isn't.

Off topic but I hate going into a shoe store wearing some Jordans and the sales associate wants to discuss new releases and all the shoes they own. I don't care.

the hell did i just read.
im a casual sneaker enthusiast btw.. my "passion" for kicks is knowere near the likes of CRISONE or ninjahood.

the hell did i just read.
im a casual sneaker enthusiast btw.. my "passion" for kicks is knowere near the likes of CRISONE or ninjahood.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

True.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

True.

I used to be like this.

until i realized that they are just some damn shoes.

I used to be like this.

until i realized that they are just some damn shoes.

Back
Top Bottom