anyone ever try the mass payment trick on paypal?

I've noticed that a lot of you guys complain about PayPal fees on here.

Well I have a solution for you...

Instead of incurring the normal 4% fees which would come out to $40 on a $1000 buy, you will now only pay $1 for ANY SPENDING AMOUNT.

Even if you bought $1,000,000 in shoes it would still only be $1 to send that.

The secret?

Step One: Open up notepad or any text editor

Step Two: Type the following information separated by tabs
Email who you want to send to, Amount of money being sent, Currency

An example of a payment text file:

[email protected] 999 USD

This text file will, when uploaded to PayPal, process a payment of $999 US Dollars to the PayPal address [email protected]

Save the text file as anything you would like, you just need to remember the file name for later.

Step Three: Now login to your PayPal.com account and look for the little "mass pay" button near the bottom. Found it? Good!
CLICK IT!
Step Four: Last step! Upload the file to PayPal and then select e-mail address you want the receipt to be sent to and click the button to send your first masspayment!

Never heard of this
nerd.gif
but does it have to be that large of amount?

wth are you talking about...

if i buy somethin...i don't incur any fees buddy...that's on the seller...

^^^^^ you're correct, but in many situations online the seller asks the buyer to cover the 4% that paypal charges on a transaction. this is reducing thefee from say $40 to .40. and no the amount doesn't have to be that large

people on ebay just do a $1 transaction and charge more for the shipping to get around on the fees. this is for people who buy on forums and have the sellerinsist that they cover charges

I started asking buyers to pay me marked as a "gift" and don't remember getting any fee's taken out at all

Originally Posted by 425kicks425

people on ebay just do a $1 transaction and charge more for the shipping to get around on the fees. this is for people who buy on forums and have the seller insist that they cover charges

Yup. I had to stop doing those $1 transactions because they would get pulled all the time
smh.gif

Well.. if you ever bought anything on N-SB.org.. most of the auctions say that the buyer has to cover the 4% paypal fee.

10. PAYPAL SURCHARGES ARE NOT ALLOWED.It is against the law to charge an extra fee for accepting payments through PayPal (see Section VI of their PaymentsPolicy - you must be logged in):

https://www.paypal.com/us...p/gen/ua/policy_payments
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not chargea fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge" . You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other feefor accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as longas the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handlingfee for transactions paid through other payment methods) .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While we are not OBLIGATED to enforce these policies, it benefits our users to do so in that it protects buyers from paying such charges and sellers fromviolating their terms of service agreements and any applicable state laws. Any thread that is submitted that is applying a Papypal surcharge or found toinclude hidden Paypal fees will be deleted on sight. Members who choose to continue to violate this rule will be temporarily or permanently banned. There areNO EXCEPTIONS.

Failure to adhere to ANY of the above rules will result in the deletion of your buy/sell post and/or banishment from the NikeTalk community.

^^^^^ you're correct, but in many situations online the seller asks the buyer to cover the 4% that paypal charges on a transaction. this is reducing the fee from say $40 to .40. and no the amount doesn't have to be that large
If I'm understanding it right, you'll be sending 1000 $1 payments?
If so, your logic is flawed.
How does it change the fee from $40 to $.40?

Let's use your example.
A $1000 price incurs a $40 charge, which is 4%.
Now your only sending $1, which will incur a charge of $.04, NOT $.40.
Then, you send this $1 a thousand times, which makes it up to be $1000.
So you take the $.04, multiply it by 1000, which is the amount owed, and you still get $40.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

^^^^^ you're correct, but in many situations online the seller asks the buyer to cover the 4% that paypal charges on a transaction. this is reducing the fee from say $40 to .40. and no the amount doesn't have to be that large
If I'm understanding it right, you'll be sending 1000 $1 payments?
If so, your logic is flawed.
How does it change the fee from $40 to $.40?

Let's use your example.
A $1000 price incurs a $40 charge, which is 4%.
Now your only sending $1, which will incur a charge of $.04, NOT $.40.
Then, you send this $1 a thousand times, which makes it up to be $1000.
So you take the $.04, multiply it by 1000, which is the amount owed, and you still get $40.

not that it hurts your case...it may actually help your case, but I believe paypal actually charges a variable fee. its not 4% but it generally comes out toaround that amount for the average purchase price. i forgot the logistics of the actual fees but when i used to slang online heavy i had it down to a science. the exact fee is somewhere on the site.

This is actually more of a common way to scam people. The seller receives the money and never ships out the item or reports it lost. When reported lost theseller would only have to refund the actual cost of the item not the shipping. So basically they scam you for the money.

Back
Top Bottom