Anyone ever take J's to a shoe repair shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by Vaddy

Anyone here ever took a pair of 6s from 2000 (Infrared, Olympics) to get restored because the paint chipped or sole seperation?
search at youtube, there is an Asian-American who posts very detailed and well explained videos about shoe restoration and sole separation fixes! ^^
Why was there a need to say the guys race? Does it validate what was said? Just Askin!!!!

There was no bad intention to that.Because i forgot his youtube name,But still remember his looks.Dont misunderstand me guys please.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

search at youtube, there is an Asian-American who posts very detailed and well explained videos about shoe restoration and sole separation fixes! ^^
Why was there a need to say the guys race? Does it validate what was said? Just Askin!!!!

There was no bad intention to that.Because i forgot his youtube name,But still remember his looks.Dont misunderstand me guys please.

No one is misunderstanding. Except the guy that even bothered mentioning maybe. Some people are so touchy, you cant say ANYTHING at all. How else are you supposed to easily describe someone? He has black hair? He has both of his eyes, and a nose?He's Asian. Because, he's Asian! That narrows it down. Anyways, I've had space jams outsoles reglued by a shoe repair about 6 years ago. They came out good, but knowing what I know now, next time I'll do them myself maybe. I fixed a Pair of original 14's I have that we're separating myself. Came out Perfect. Talk to the repair shop first, see if they are confident with sneakers. And ask for some kind of guarantee before you have them touch your shoes

Took my og white/red 12s in today to get the outsole reglued. Well see how it turns out, I just don't trust myself with any type of repair, I always seem to make it worse.

Originally Posted by anthonys310

I've been thinking about it. has anyone ever heard of renegade restorations?

Yeah, thats politix. He does amazing work.

I'm sending him some cdp 4's to get repainted.

Originally Posted by AJMasta

I have tried to take so many different J's to several different shoe repair stores and every single place tells me the exact same thing no matter what. "Oh there's nothing we can do to this shoe", "Oh, well there isn't much we can do" "okay well I can't really do much for these". All they do is fix and repair dress shoes and they never know what to do involving Nikes and Jordans.

ha ha
you must have tried the same places i did

some of the cobblers see a $5 pair of pro-keds from their youth no matter what sneaker you bring in

Nope you never know what your gonna get back. Or if the repair was a temp fix. I rather watch youtube or check the niketalk restoration thread. Than have a stranger mess my shoe up or pull a switch a ru.....

Nahhh usually i just repair my shoes myself, the soles seperated on a few of my shoes and i just glued them back

IN my experience the cost associated with the repair can in some case you could replace the shoe on your own. Also a lot of so called repair shops say one thing and produce something of lesser quality. As we know a shoe that even warranted the repair to begin with needs precision accuracy and attention to detail. I wouldn't trust someone else to do it especially if they are not a sneakerhead.

only thing i've brought to repair shops is XII's to re-glue the soles.

from experience they use way to much glue even when i tell them not to. brought about 4 pairs in total. on the last pair i brought i told them not to glue the strips on the center to the carbon plate and they came out great.

oh and that shoe goo is x_X

once your shoe gets to the point of needing to go to a repair shop, you should probably just stop wearing it.

Originally Posted by LBCOL

once your shoe gets to the point of needing to go to a repair shop, you should probably just stop wearing it.

This is false.

I had a pair of original XI's i was saving for years, and the 2nd wear they started talking. Mint condition shoes dont need to be thrown away because the glue has dried out and can't hold anymore.

Originally Posted by whodatiz

Originally Posted by Vuey

Check out renegade restorations. He specializes in sneaker restoration.He mayb able to help.

Do you know if they can restore yellowed patent leather? Their pics on their FB page seem pretty legit
He does a great job, but charges too much, IMO

I got a quote on some 00 SJs.. Both shoes need seaglowed and the sole on 1 shoe glued back on. The whole sole isn't falling off, just under the toe needs re-glued and he said $180 plus I cover shipping both ways..lol

Damn near buy a new pair...

If he would have said $100 + Shipping, I would have did it. Hell, it's probably $12 worth of glue and seaglow combined...

Just got my 12s back... they did a good job overall but did use a little too much glue and there is some on the carbon plate. No biggie, as long as I can wear em I'm straight! Only set me back $20

And dont forget that a shoemaker considers
Ur kicks to be repaired as work to earn his
Living, but wont treat them like his
Own babies
wink.gif

ya they dont know how to fix sprots related shoes. all they mess wit is dress shoes. those guys are useless lol

Does anyone know a store that can repair jordan 11 mid and sole separation, and carbon fiber plate separation. IN the Washington DC area or a shop that will accept mailed packages.

I did this for 4 pairs of my kicks but it was totally worthless, I have already refurbished over a dozen kicks, they only know how to clean bottoms and add polish, such a waste of my time.

My dog ripped one of the straps off my Aquas and I was able to take it to a repair shop and have it sewed back on.

They look perfect now and you wouldn't even be able to tell it happened.

Anyone ever send theyre IV's off to get a sole swap? My 99 WC IVs are in dire need and I dont think I have the time for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom