Anyone ever had kidney stones?

xtapolapacetl

Banned
I think I might have a kidney stone, but I don't want to go to visit the doctor. The way I figure, NT is the best place on the Internets to seek medicaladvice, so anyone know anything to take that might disolve the kidney stone, or do they just pass through on their own eventually?

i think if its early there is stuff you can take to disssolve...but im not positive. good luck tho man, hope its not too painful

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i think if its early there is stuff you can take to disssolve...but im not positive. good luck tho man,
hope its not too painful
I heard its one of the most painful experience a person could endure!

i made a thread about this last week. i spent last saturday in the hospital cause i woke up in horrible pain, turned out i had a kidney stone. go to a doctorand get a ct scan, then if its too big they'll either do surgery or use a laser thing to break up the stone.

they said that mine was tiny and i shouldn't even feel it when it comes out. but i have to pee into this crazy funnel thing with a screen on the bottom tocollect the stone for the doctor, it sucks

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i think if its early there is stuff you can take to disssolve...but im not positive. good luck tho man,
hope its not too painful
I heard its one of the most painful experience a person could endure!

Same here.

Good luck with that.

man my pops had that, the nurse that was with him said that she would rather have another child than to go through that pain
eek.gif
Good luck homie.

My friend compared having two kidney stones removed to giving birth: a painful experience.

JR5

Originally Posted by seaner23

most painful thing i've ever gone through. hopefully you'll pass it..drink lots of water. if its a kidney stone the pain should go from your lower back, then to your front, you wont be able to hold any food down, throw up a bit and cant sit/lay still. a nice HOT bath will help the pain a little. but if you don't pass it in a day, you should go to the doctor.

i went to urgent care with one, and it passed after they admitted me, and the second one, i just laid in a pool of sweat in my bed for 2 days till it passed.
Dang, only one day?? On wikipedia, it says that a doc gives you 30 days to pass it before they try to take some measures to remove it

my grandpa's had one and they pretty much suck. very painful from what he's said

It's a pain like no other...I've had 2 in the past 10 years. I guess the pain comes from the stone detaching from the kidney wall and travelling downthrough your bladder. First time to ER, once they x-rayed and determined it was a stone, they hit me with some Demerol- I fell asleep for a while and (luckily)passed the stone before it wore off. Second time-ended up in ER, got some morphine, got sent home. Stone didn't pass, pain didn't stop. Went to see aurologist, spent a week drinking mad water and popping 2 Percocets at a time until they scheduled a lithotripsy to break up the stone. 2 days later I waspissing sand.

Not a kidney stone, but i've had gallstones.

If the pain is anything like what i had (which i'm sure it is) I feel for you bro... anyone who has had one cannot stress this enough, it is the mostphysically painful PAIN known to man
laugh.gif

I had surgery in Dec to get mine removed... i hope you get your situation taken care of asap bro.

Back
Top Bottom