anyone ever gone across the border (Mexico) for dental work?

there's never a price to high to pay for your health, if something was to go wrong because u were being cheap ur gonna regret it.

damn, I would consider it but still.........

I wish I could go to cuba like michael moore did

damn, I would consider it but still.........

I wish I could go to cuba like michael moore did

I didn't go specifically for dental work, just happened to get some while down there. I got some cleaning done in Hermosillo. It was good quality work and for extremely cheap. The office was professional and very clean.

I live in southern AZ so going to Mexico isn't that bad travel wise. Oregon is extremely far though. Also i suggest that since your getting some pretty complex work done, get it done here. If something goes wrong here, insurance, law suits etc.. can be your best friend. No such thing over there

I didn't go specifically for dental work, just happened to get some while down there. I got some cleaning done in Hermosillo. It was good quality work and for extremely cheap. The office was professional and very clean.

I live in southern AZ so going to Mexico isn't that bad travel wise. Oregon is extremely far though. Also i suggest that since your getting some pretty complex work done, get it done here. If something goes wrong here, insurance, law suits etc.. can be your best friend. No such thing over there

I have had dental surgery done in Guadalajara. It worked out really well. I had it done by someone who actually worked as a professor at the local university. I went in with my x rays and explained to him what had been explained to me here. He knew exactly what needed to be done and was done with the procedure in about 15 minutes. I had absolutely no issues with anything and I felt great after. The cost for my tickets and the procedure were way less than a third of the cost for it here. I have family there though that directed us in the right direction and had prior experience with the Dr.

It's something I would totally recommend as an option though but you have to factor in the cost of EVERYTHING including the number of followup trips necessary. Luckily with my extraction no followup was necessary except with my orthodontist here in the states so it worked out great. Really just try to do as much research as possible. In this day and age you should at least be able to find some information of different places and locations that maybe specialize in catering to tourists coming for medical procedures.

I have had dental surgery done in Guadalajara. It worked out really well. I had it done by someone who actually worked as a professor at the local university. I went in with my x rays and explained to him what had been explained to me here. He knew exactly what needed to be done and was done with the procedure in about 15 minutes. I had absolutely no issues with anything and I felt great after. The cost for my tickets and the procedure were way less than a third of the cost for it here. I have family there though that directed us in the right direction and had prior experience with the Dr.

It's something I would totally recommend as an option though but you have to factor in the cost of EVERYTHING including the number of followup trips necessary. Luckily with my extraction no followup was necessary except with my orthodontist here in the states so it worked out great. Really just try to do as much research as possible. In this day and age you should at least be able to find some information of different places and locations that maybe specialize in catering to tourists coming for medical procedures.

Originally Posted by West2East

Guadalajara
pimp.gif

i remember my prof said people go to thailand and get plastic surgery done and relax on the beach for a fairly "cheap" price.

i remember my prof said people go to thailand and get plastic surgery done and relax on the beach for a fairly "cheap" price.

my mom goes to mexico for expensive surgery, including teeth. She wants to take me too. Only thing is, if they dont do it right a united states dentist wont want to fix the damage

my mom goes to mexico for expensive surgery, including teeth. She wants to take me too. Only thing is, if they dont do it right a united states dentist wont want to fix the damage

i dont know what kind of insurance you have but just the root canal could take up most if not all for the year. 
your insurance plan might consider the implant "cosmetic" and not cover the procedure.

i dont know what kind of insurance you have but just the root canal could take up most if not all for the year. 
your insurance plan might consider the implant "cosmetic" and not cover the procedure.

Smh at some of y'all bagging Mexico...

Not dental, but my old boss' wife got told she had terminal cancer and they couldn't operate. She researched the ##%* out of everything, went to Tijuana and got treated. Five years later she's still cancer free. She's on some crazy health thing now, but damn. Don't count places out just because of what you've heard.

Smh at some of y'all bagging Mexico...

Not dental, but my old boss' wife got told she had terminal cancer and they couldn't operate. She researched the ##%* out of everything, went to Tijuana and got treated. Five years later she's still cancer free. She's on some crazy health thing now, but damn. Don't count places out just because of what you've heard.

a quadruple OG to the third power that I heard of is getting all implants in his mouth at Columbia Univ, in NYC. Buy a plane ticket call em up and tell why youre mad. They got it for cheap, students and Professors.

a quadruple OG to the third power that I heard of is getting all implants in his mouth at Columbia Univ, in NYC. Buy a plane ticket call em up and tell why youre mad. They got it for cheap, students and Professors.

Back
Top Bottom