Anyone ever caught a homerun at a major league game?

as many games as i've been to, i've never done it...had the dude in front of me catch Griffey's 599.
smh.gif

my dude texted me and said he just caught Pat Burrell's homer tonight during the Phillies/Rays game.

i wanna catch one from the opposing team so i can show off the arm.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Caught a foul ball at a bowie baysox game (one handed..a la Kevin Mitchell)...so to answer your question WildKY...No
laugh.gif

I got a Marquis Grissom foul ball. Went under some fat dudes seat at Shea and I scrambled under and got.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

as many games as i've been to, i've never done it...had the dude in front of me catch Griffey's 599.
smh.gif

I sincerely hope he wasnt DIRECTLY in front of you. Because if he was,
smh.gif
at you for not making the play.

he absolutely was.
tired.gif

someone with the Reds came up to him and he exchanged it for a Griffey auto'd ball.

I want to strictly for the negotiations if it were a notable milestone.

An autographed ball for Grady Sizemore's 300th career home run? Nah, son, let me have a few of Grady's groupies and he can have his baseball.

I get alot of them at work(AA team in the Eastern League) but i get them they go in the parking lot and no one can go out there
laugh.gif

i was at batting practice once in Tampa. Manny was up, right one right at me. Some grown man puts his hands right in front of mine. so heated.
told me, next one is yours, ya right
smh.gif

my dude texted me and said he just caught Pat Burrell's homer tonight during the Phillies/Rays game.
was he rocking a red shirt with blue sleeves? the highlights were just on baseball tonight
laugh.gif

I had one hit toward me at a reds game when i was like 13. I jumped for it and it bounced off my hand. My dad still gets on me about it to this day. smh

I caught a Jermaine Dye HR during batting practice before one of the games when he played for the A's
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

I had one hit toward me at a reds game when i was like 13. I jumped for it and it bounced off my hand. My dad still gets on me about it to this day. smh
"Get some hands son"
laugh.gif

smh.gif
I was there! In left field though. Never caught a home run/foul ball at a game either.

I'm not gonna be able to see the highlights until the morning, but he said he caught it with his hat, lol.

laugh.gif
I never have either...

Wildcat strikes me as the type dude that still takes his mitt to the ballpark with him...
laugh.gif

Bahaha...says the dude wearin radio headphones, sittin by himself.

But really, if I caught a homer...depending on who hit it, I'd just give it to a little kid.

I've actually caught two foul balls and one BP homer

I've snagged a few foul balls on the hop

I have a couple of Twins HR balls. I know I have a Corey Koskie, David Oritz and I might have another one too but I can't remember where they are at themoment. Although I know I still have them all somewhere.

Bahaha...says the dude wearin radio headphones, sittin by himself.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I ain't mean I went to games by myself all the damn time...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I knew that *!%$ looked bad when I went back and re-read that threadlater...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I want to strictly for the negotiations if it were a notable milestone.

An autographed ball for Grady Sizemore's 300th career home run? Nah, son, let me have a few of Grady's groupies and he can have his baseball.
laugh.gif

I have a ton of BP balls, a few that I know Manny hit,
laugh.gif

The closest to in game, was catching a Rafael Furcal foul ball,
smh.gif
. The ball bounced off of my hand and landed on my girlfriends cousins lap
smh.gif
. She wasvisiting from Mexico and is clueless about baseball, she wouldn't give me the ball
smh.gif

Lol, I was like..."I just straight jacked this man's avy swag."

But consider it a compliment.

+$%+ it...I had an idea to mess with it, but got tired.

Get me that .gif I pm'd u about...or hook me up with a new downloading program, cuz I need one.

KLJ, I'll hook it up.

And I actually went up to Cincy for the weekend one time last season by myself after something came up and ol'girl couldn't go...it was actually cool,and quite relaxing. I'd go all the time w/o hesitation if I lived there.

Back
Top Bottom