Anyone else try this sleep schedule? (college/procrastination related)

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

or you could just get your work done when you get home and go to sleep at 11pm
From the hours of 5-11 there are many distractions, on top of that I have classes from 8-450. I'm exhausted by the time I get home and ultimately tend to avoid homework like black people in the country music section of FYE.

-The Juice

From the hours of 5-11 there are many distractions, on top of that I have classes from 8-450. I'm exhausted by the time I get home and ultimately tend to avoid homework like black people in the country music section of FYE.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

-The Juice
lately what ive been doing is just eliminating free time, and forcing myself to be productive because i just dont have as much time to waste. after school ive gone straight to the rec center to hoop for a couple hours. come home, shower, eat, do homework, and then depending on the time i'll watch some TV and sit on my laptop, then its curtains.

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

-The Juice
lately what ive been doing is just eliminating free time, and forcing myself to be productive because i just dont have as much time to waste. after school ive gone straight to the rec center to hoop for a couple hours. come home, shower, eat, do homework, and then depending on the time i'll watch some TV and sit on my laptop, then its curtains.

good thread because i was just about to create one, I just procrastinate too much
30t6p3b.gif

good thread because i was just about to create one, I just procrastinate too much
30t6p3b.gif

I don't get it...
You said your boy put you onto a schedule to help you avoid "all nighters"...
So you take a nap and wait until after 12am to start your homework in the wee hours, then go to class in the morning...

Did I read it wrong or what?  If you're doing homework at anytime after 12am, that's an "all nighter" to me.  Or what do you consider an "all nighter?"

I don't get it...
So you take a nap and wait until after 12am to start your homework in the wee hours, then go to class in the morning...

Did I read it wrong or what?  If you're doing homework at anytime after 12am, that's an "all nighter" to me.  Or what do you consider an "all nighter?"

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I don't get it...

The thinking is that, sleeping from 5-12 gives you 7 hours of sleep. Upon waking up it's almost like a new day with new "energy" And with nothing to do or seemingly no distractions at that time, you can successfully do your homework.

I'll admit it's hard to really understand it until you have actually tried it. People I have told, and actually tried it, liked it but it's not something you do every night.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I don't get it...

The thinking is that, sleeping from 5-12 gives you 7 hours of sleep. Upon waking up it's almost like a new day with new "energy" And with nothing to do or seemingly no distractions at that time, you can successfully do your homework.

I'll admit it's hard to really understand it until you have actually tried it. People I have told, and actually tried it, liked it but it's not something you do every night.

-The Juice

Researching this for part of one of my design classes/thesis. I started here:

http://amolife.com/person...t-people-sleep-less.html

Tried polyphasic sleep for a week.
It's really not bad, unless you value lots of free time.

You basically sleep whenever you can and then work the rest of the time. Makes you super productive, but you
can get out of touch with friends easily. That, and the matured human mind naturally likes to quantify how much
sleep in hours you get a night to judge how you're doing (i.e. you calculate how much sleep you got/will get and
judge it against your norm). That part makes it difficult because you think you're not getting enough sleep when,
in reality, you may be getting more than you usually do.

What sparked this?

I live happily off of 4 hours of sleep a night.

Just started Phase 2 of my research-- getting 6+ hours of sleep a night.

Researching this for part of one of my design classes/thesis. I started here:

http://amolife.com/person...t-people-sleep-less.html

Tried polyphasic sleep for a week.
It's really not bad, unless you value lots of free time.

You basically sleep whenever you can and then work the rest of the time. Makes you super productive, but you
can get out of touch with friends easily. That, and the matured human mind naturally likes to quantify how much
sleep in hours you get a night to judge how you're doing (i.e. you calculate how much sleep you got/will get and
judge it against your norm). That part makes it difficult because you think you're not getting enough sleep when,
in reality, you may be getting more than you usually do.

What sparked this?

I live happily off of 4 hours of sleep a night.

Just started Phase 2 of my research-- getting 6+ hours of sleep a night.

The plan makes sense, I did a modified version of it many times in college.

procrastination won't leave me alone.

and now that I found NT, it doesn't make it much better.

procrastination won't leave me alone.

and now that I found NT, it doesn't make it much better.

The plan makes sense, I did a modified version of it many times in college.

There was a study about how taking a bunch of naps is better than sleeping a whole night.

Something about your body being so tired..it goes straight into REM every time you nap.

There was a study about how taking a bunch of naps is better than sleeping a whole night.

Something about your body being so tired..it goes straight into REM every time you nap.

I've been doing this a lot lately. Mainly cause of the distractions I suppose. Have my stuff done and make a pot of coffee and off to school I go and end up repeating it once I get home from school unless something keeps me occupied to get back to a "normal" schedule.

I've been doing this a lot lately. Mainly cause of the distractions I suppose. Have my stuff done and make a pot of coffee and off to school I go and end up repeating it once I get home from school unless something keeps me occupied to get back to a "normal" schedule.

Back
Top Bottom