Anyone Else Not Give a **** About the Troops?

Of course they care.

Why would it be the latter explanation?

Serious question

It's social media.

Anything put out there can be questioned as being legit vs. Performative.

Also, are we seriously going to pretend there AREN'T people that operate simply by what they think they should do/feel vs. What they actually WANT to do/feel?

It's social media.

Anything put out there can be questioned as being legit vs. Performative.

Also, are we seriously going to pretend there AREN'T people that operate simply by what they think they should do/feel vs. What they actually WANT to do/feel?
True

Y'all fly the flag outside your house? Always thought it was strange since you don't see this outside the US

I always thought that was OD. Or the college kids who had/have the flag pinned up on the wall (50/50 odds they have a “Don’t Tread On Me” flag too). But in either scenario it’s like bruh, I get it, we are in America. Why are you hanging up the country’s flag :lol:

To DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ’s point, the only time I really rock with the flag, if you can even call it that, it is purely performative when I’m going to the Hill, Pentagon, etc, know I’m going to see someone who served/particular civilians or I am in a conservative part of the country. Outside of that or if you served, there is really no reason to be promoting the flag like that in-country

Whenever i see a flag outside someone’s house, i automatically assume they’re trump loyalist and not so much about patriotism

People have had flags outside their houses before trump. It is interesting to see the shift in patriotism and flag wearing over the years. I remember on the 4th of July people would post their fits with flag or the colors. The past couple of years, seems like a lot less on here. Then i'll see on social media people saying how much they hate the country but probably at a July 4th bbq.

Nah it was the same in the past lol. Trump supporters are this generations GWB supporters. Those folks used to love the flag regalia, but ironically believed their govt could do no wrong as opposed to todays conservatives who think its a swamp rife with conspiracy and corruption. Really all the republican presidents, bushes, regan and nixion all the way back to Vietnam. All their supporters were a bunch of flag wavers and bible thumpers. Only difference is it was more difficult to chase clout back then.

Do people REALLY care about their flags being stepped on

OR

DO they really care about how they think they are SUPPOSED to react to their flags being stepped on?
The team represents the country. The jersey and flag is all a part of that. Fans all think they're on the team.

Disrespect the jersey and/or flag is basically disrespecting them and everyone in the country. This is strictly in a soccer/fútbol context.

Yes they will attack you. Potentially kill you if there's more than one. Has nothing to do with appearances or it being what they think they're suppose to do.

Its really not the same thing from an American perspective with these GOP/right/MAGA/Trump/patriot comparisons.

I don’t automatically assume you’re trumped out just off a 🇺🇸.

Is it one on a nice house? Or is it like 400 with a home made sign that says some bs?

I get a lot of crap with flags on it from work because well that’s construction… :lol:

I just wear it for work clothes, not gonna waste it.

Not all flag users are trumped out but all the trump guys have flags.

troops in nam
1670201805396.png

I was thinking about the whole flag regalia and how it wasn’t too offensive or side eyeing pre 2016…. But overtime I thought about it, and as Americans why do we wave our flag in our country? I wonder do other citizens have regalia in their respected homes? Maybe I haven’t paid attention to it, but I don’t recall seeing flags at peoples homes in other countries.

Last country I’ve been to was China, and I don’t remember seeing their flag at peoples homes. It’s probably a defense mechanism here as we are a country of immigrants.

maybe we fly the most flags but a lot of countries def rep their colors on anything and everything.

Back
Top Bottom