Anyone else drive a car with a manual transmission (not OT, I promise)?

prozac4312

Banned
Is there a trick to clutching without it feeling like you're wrecking the toe box every time you do it? lol

I swear my next car needs to be auto.

I think this probably belongs in the GENERAL FORUM. But I used to use the middle of my foot as possible. But with wearable shoe trees, it's never a problem.

1st car i learned 2 drive was a manual
idea: have a driving shoe if its that srs 2 u....like a flip flop or smethn

I bring a pair of beater shoes and drive with them, I can't drive my cars (all stick cars) with J's on its just not right lol

Originally Posted by Magic1978

JB makes cars now?

roll.gif
imagine

Originally Posted by old school 95

Forward your seat length

this will enable you to use the middle of your foot. But yeah an automatic transmission is a lot more comfortable to drive.

I drive a manual, always have always will and I always worry about extra creasing on my left shoe because of the clutch. Not much you can do besides driving an auto which IMO is a complete waste of a car.

Originally Posted by UnCalled4Boy

Originally Posted by Magic1978

JB makes cars now?
roll.gif

Yeah, that would be a living nightmare.  Hyped up limited cars made with quality that would compete with cars made in the 70's.  

I drive stick and never worry about creasing because I always have 2-3 DS pairs on reserve and if I don't I'll just buy another pair. I'm a baller like that.
pimp.gif

If you're worried about creasing your shoes then you should have got an auto. 
I crease the hell out of my shoes when I'm driving but it doesn't bother me one bit. 

its not the creasing that bothers me, its the white midsole on the back getting dirty that bothers me.

i just dont worry about it.
i dont understand how people can drive a stick with bare feet or sandals on regularly. like i can do it once or twice but that stuff messes with me on the "sweet spot"

Having a pair of driving shoes is the best thing you can do. I keep a pair of chucks in the car because the sole is so thin it'll make your driving smoother

What the last 2 peeps said. I wear hydros when I drive if I don't wanna mess my shoes up. I have a 5-speed now but I did this when I had an auto. I'll never base my decision of transmission off shoes.

Back
Top Bottom