Anyone disc golf?

Went about an hour and a half out of my way to get a pair of shoes so I looked up local courses…went to the one closest to the mall I was at and it’s supposedly one of the top fifty courses in the US

A lot of fun holes

3E09F6A1-0BA5-4878-A57F-DF3B0074938D.png
9A1A88D9-634B-4329-A624-5EE690E1BC4C.jpeg
8AB254F7-A3B4-41C1-ACCE-7FCBA3DBD024.png
51D4289A-00E5-40D6-9083-F74E1C81880E.png

Last edited:
Friend put me on during the pandemic and with most things closed/cancelled (and basketball rims temporarily taken down!) played a lot Spring/Summer 2020. We'd get a solid group to go and grab food and drinks after. It was another good reason to get outside and was some of my best memories that year.

I still play from time to time and have about 7-8 discs now. Need to get some more rounds going this summer.

Threw my first even round yesterday

6D8F81C7-EC00-45D3-ADAC-255F8FB40B94.jpeg

Missed birdie on hole 4 by hitting front of the basket…missed putt for par on 7 by bouncing my disc off the top of the rim

Need to throw under par now

Last edited:
Still posting in here hoping this thread becomes more active

Bad weather forcing us indoors but still trying to play

Putting with a few friends in a hangar

700284BA-CF17-465B-9206-0FA5F7A72A44.jpeg

I gotta try to get back on the course when it warms up. Haven't played in years, even though the course is like 2 miles from the house lol.

Always wanted to try it, then found out there is a course literally within walking distance of my house of the Schuylkill River Trail, (or a few minute drive). Now, I'm definitely going to. Think I'll order a starter set of discs and a bag and give it a go in the spring (or if we get some warm winter days...gonna be rainy but 60° this Sunday so we may get some dry warm winter days). Anyone have any tips (or links) on what discs to start with for a beginner?

crumps brother crumps brother Is that scorecard an app or is that only for the course you played?

absolutely love disc golf. Got introduced to the sport when I lived in San Diego about 6yrs ago. Got addicted and have been playing ever since.
jealous of the weather you have

this past weekend was absolutely 🧱 where I live

single digit temperatures at times...feeling like -20 degrees with wind chill

this coming weekend high temperature will be in the 50's so hopefully the rain that's forecasted holds off :emoji_fingers_crossed:
Always wanted to try it, then found out there is a course literally within walking distance of my house of the Schuylkill River Trail, (or a few minute drive). Now, I'm definitely going to. Think I'll order a starter set of discs and a bag and give it a go in the spring (or if we get some warm winter days...gonna be rainy but 60° this Sunday so we may get some dry warm winter days). Anyone have any tips (or links) on what discs to start with for a beginner?

crumps brother crumps brother Is that scorecard an app or is that only for the course you played?
if you go this weekend or later this week you can always hit up at least a ****'s Sporting goods and grab a couple or a few discs...starting out I would suggest getting a putter and a midrange

a good place to order right now if getting some discs for cheap and a bag is dynamicdiscs.com

free shipping if you spend $20

they have this bag reduced from $25 down to $6.99

8950-2.jpg

8950-4.jpg

a lot of discs on sale for they holiday sale which is currently extended

starting out you can go with cheaper plastic and if you play more you'll want to invest in better plastic that's more durable

jealous of the weather you have

this past weekend was absolutely 🧱 where I live

single digit temperatures at times...feeling like -20 degrees with wind chill

this coming weekend high temperature will be in the 50's so hopefully the rain that's forecasted holds off :emoji_fingers_crossed:

if you go this weekend or later this week you can always hit up at least a ****'s Sporting goods and grab a couple or a few discs...starting out I would suggest getting a putter and a midrange

a good place to order right now if getting some discs for cheap and a bag is dynamicdiscs.com

free shipping if you spend $20

they have this bag reduced from $25 down to $6.99

8950-2.jpg

8950-4.jpg

a lot of discs on sale for they holiday sale which is currently extended

starting out you can go with cheaper plastic and if you play more you'll want to invest in better plastic that's more durable

Hey buddy, thanks so much for the info. 🙏🙏 Much appreciated. That bag is nice and that site has some great stuff on sale. Found a Latitude 64 Swift starter backpack for $20.99. That would serve me well for a long time. And lots of discs for under $10 on sale. And thanks for the tip on what to get. Just gotta remember what the 4 numbers equate to for each disc.

Funny you mentioned DSG. I went there earlier this year to look and I was so confused on what to get 😂 So I bagged it for the time being. But I'm definitely going to try it this coming year. Now that I know the course is literally in my back yard, lol. Thanks again for the help and for the info on the App. 👍👍

Just gotta remember what the 4 numbers equate to for each disc.
speed/glide/turn/fade

starting out you definitely don't need a distance driver...you should be fine w/ just midrange and putter until you get a little bit of arm speed than gradually work up to higher speeds starting with fairway drivers

turn means the discs tendency to fly to the right and fade the discs tendency to fly to the left...this is all assuming you're right handed throwing back hand

there's a wealth of information on YouTube and online in general but some of it may be a lot to take in at once being brand new so just take small steps at a time and most importantly throw a lot

New discs have landed

Top two putters are my buddies, bottom two drivers are mine

118B58F7-595E-4F2E-BC33-7836FBB755A4.jpeg

Hopefully I get to throw them soon

Last edited:
Looking forward to warmer weather

Fortunately the winter in PA was very mild and we were able to play rounds frequently

Putting league was in a brewery this year

1C0C1ADB-D7B5-4529-9B73-354178D22CAF.jpeg

Hoped to play more glow rounds before daylight savings…hopefully this upcoming fall

61D0C61C-1108-4392-8201-CA6C12EA2656.jpeg
2EFE0FD7-7266-4CA4-A4D9-3321F66D36BB.jpeg

Looking forward to warmer weather

Fortunately the winter in PA was very mild and we were able to play rounds frequently

Putting league was in a brewery this year

1C0C1ADB-D7B5-4529-9B73-354178D22CAF.jpeg

Hoped to play more glow rounds before daylight savings…hopefully this upcoming fall

61D0C61C-1108-4392-8201-CA6C12EA2656.jpeg
2EFE0FD7-7266-4CA4-A4D9-3321F66D36BB.jpeg
That Kona Panis Trespass looks dope. Been wanting to get those but I have so much Trespass discs since it's my go to driver that I don't think I needed one more. Been playing on and off now for a little over 2 years and it's definitely one of my favorite hobbies. Just finished playing The Indian Rock tournament here in Salina, KS and ended up getting 3rd place. 8)

nice, what division?

if you haven't thrown moonshine plastic they tend to be a little more overstable

there's some moonshine discs releasing next week

truth_moonshine_split_2_a7dfb021-0d06-43f7-9e06-822cb06f1be5_270x.jpg

explorer_moonshine_pink_split_270x.jpg

bolt_moonshine_yellow_split_270x.jpg

underworld_moonshine_white_split_3a527ff1-1f3e-442e-94db-fc30e6c5974b_270x.jpg

fuse_optoice_moonshine_teal_split_270x.jpg

wish they were releasing EMAC Truth in moonshine

nice, what division?

if you haven't thrown moonshine plastic they tend to be a little more overstable

there's some moonshine discs releasing next week

truth_moonshine_split_2_a7dfb021-0d06-43f7-9e06-822cb06f1be5_270x.jpg

explorer_moonshine_pink_split_270x.jpg

bolt_moonshine_yellow_split_270x.jpg

underworld_moonshine_white_split_3a527ff1-1f3e-442e-94db-fc30e6c5974b_270x.jpg

fuse_optoice_moonshine_teal_split_270x.jpg

wish they were releasing EMAC Truth in moonshine
Played in the rec division. Probably gonna move up to intermediate soon. Tried their supreme plastic which is supposed to be more durable but it already chipped. I'll have to try the moonshine plastic now.

I got an Escape in supreme plastic and though it feels good in hand I agree that it's not durable like they claim

CAEBB021-F080-48E4-B7D8-2ACD9FDA27E3.jpeg

hoping this thread becomes more active

What is the best disc golf shoe out there? I've been using my Salomon xt-6 gore-tex but with this summer heat, my feet are getting fried in there. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom