Anyone Collect Sports Cards?

a lot of folks take issue with psa and grading in general. I think its mostly old cards, but PSA has been being called out for grading cut cards (and fakes too iirc), possibly knowingly.

Not all 10s are created equal, thats for sure. Yeah youd think centering would be easy especially on a card with a border, you just need a ******* measuring device. :lol:

This ****s funny to me.. Im finding some stuff that clearly has centering issues yet still they're getting PSA 10's

like this Lock rookie. Its actually more off centered then the one I copped/posted

this one is easy to see with the naked eye. its off centered to the right just a bit.
Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 10.25.47 AM.png

I know they have different people grading and youre essentially at the mercy of whoever is reviewing your stuff but I thought for being the pinnacle of the grading industry, finding stuff like this easily would be few and far between
That is why I like to sell my 10s and keep 9s that look like 10s especially the higher end cards. Lower end I'll keep some. I've been grading my cards since 2010 and Sometimes PSA will let those slide. I've had 10s with soft corners and surface issue like those printing lines/dimples etccc but still get 10s. Beckett grading sucks compare to PSA and SGC but each company have their own standards

PSA is a lot more lenient on centering. Which is why quite a few people have been picking up BGS 9.5 with high sub grades and getting them crossed over to PSA.

I’ve personally never done it but that’s why I always tend to side with the “Buy the card, not the grade” philosophy.

Just got back from hittin a few spots. Only found Bowman blasters

Its crazy how packed these Targets are, parking lots full like its Christmas out there, ****s nuts

Why didn't you grab them?
Believe it or not, I left it there because I know folks are looking for this product and hopefully someone will enjoy opening it. I've sold more than 100+ of these boxes. Opened 10 mega, 2 cases blasters, and about 25 cello. Nothing great but 5 autos that no one cares about, a few number cards and rookies that people are looking for. Retail boxes seems tough. Personally, Bowman is a funner retail rip.
Only thing I can find in my area is the Heritage stuff and maybe some Topps Series 1 baseball.
Yeah a lot of people don't really care for series one and that hertiage (I always like high numbers heritage better). The fun begins with Topps series 2 and other releases after that. But with no MLB this year, Not sure if I wanna invest in boxes yet. Series 2 release is at the end of the month

Believe it or not, I left it there because I know folks are looking for this product and hopefully someone will enjoy opening it. I've sold more than 100+ of these boxes. Opened 10 mega, 2 cases blasters, and about 25 cello. Nothing great but 5 autos that no one cares about, a few number cards and rookies that people are looking for. Retail boxes seems tough. Personally, Bowman is a funner retail rip.

I grabbed 4 Bowman mega but they're sitting here untouched. Im not really a big baseball guy, Im all football and basketball.

Since I only grabbed 4 I might say F it and rip em lol Im just not super familiar with the new crop of players outside of the stars so I'll def have to do some diggin

Question: what card would y’all invest in or buy around 2500-3000 right now? Any ideas? A nice single card or multiples of a certain card around that value

looking for a nice purchase but I am not sure what. This is More of a long term plan, not a quick flip.

trout Topps update rc psa 10
giannis prizn rc psa 10??
Lebron Topps chrome rookie Raw/ psa 9

Question: what card would y’all invest in or buy around 2500-3000 right now? Any ideas? A nice single card or multiples of a certain card around that value

looking for a nice purchase but I am not sure what. This is More of a long term plan, not a quick flip.

trout Topps update rc psa 10
giannis prizn rc psa 10??
Lebron Topps chrome rookie Raw/ psa 9

IMO Trout and Bron are both as solid of longterm investments as there probably are. Mahomes too.

For me, I'd prob skip Giannis (since his stuff is already so damn high) and grab a couple silver PSA 10 Luka's. I just love his game, and he's only 20. I like Ja too. Been grabbing his stuff

Different objectives but I like to gamble a bit more and try to hit on young players vs established stars. Def a safer play to do the opposite though

Last edited:
maldonado maldonado Grab a couple luka silver psa 10s? Lol I wish they are going just about the same price as the Giannis regular base prizm psa 10s. But I hear you, that has potential to earn a lot more down the road. Just look at a psa 10 Giannis prizm silver :wow:

mahomes cards are at a premium now as well coming off that super bowl win.

thanks to the guy who offered me 900 for that Jasson Dominguez mojo auto I pulled last week. I can really invest on a true card.

maldonado maldonado Grab a couple luka silver psa 10s? Lol I wish they are going just about the same price as the Giannis regular base prizm psa 10s. But I hear you, that has potential to earn a lot more down the road. Just look at a psa 10 Giannis prizm silver :wow:

mahomes cards are at a premium now as well coming off that super bowl win.

thanks to the guy who offered me 900 for that Jasson Dominguez mojo auto I pulled last week. I can really invest on a true card.

Lolll I went and looked now.. didn't realize the Luka silver PSA 10s were hitting for that much now! I guess I meant base PSA 10s :smile:

Gahtdamn that silver Giannis?!!

Yeah Mahomes stuff is wild expensive coming off that SB win.

I remember that post but didn't realize it was you that pulled that Dominguez, congrats g! Thats damn near a rack, I've never pulled anything outta a pack that large

maldonado maldonado haha yessir. My very first and only bowman megabox I ever opened. I’m sure it goes downhill from there and should stop right there.

yea was going to list it on eBay for 1100 or even possibly to get it graded. But right now it’s time to sell high on Dominguez while his hype is high. Can’t trust a unproven prospect who hasn’t even had an AB yet.

what mahomes card would be his ultimate true rookie card? His optic? His optic autos are going for dumb amounts. Optics got so many parallels.

like for basketball it’s the Prizm base and the silver.

Thats super dope man! Yeah I woulda pulled that and flipped it quick. I use to be heavy in baseball cards as a kid and saw sooooo many prospects fizzle out

Idk what would be considered Mahomes true rc but Ive always started with the prizm stuff. Not sure if its as prevalent in football as it is basketball.

Speaking of which, have you checked out the Drew Lock Select Field Level silver rookies? Those def seem under valued. I just missed on this.
Screenshot_20200619-211137_Chrome.jpg

I love the normal prizm stuff and they def seem like the most coveted but this Select Field Level stuff seems way more limited. Hardly any out there to choose from on ebay.

I'm not super familiar with Select but I know they have different levels (Concourse, Premier and Field Level) and the Field Level is the most expensive

maldonado maldonado select cards are great. Always loved their cards. I don’t collect much select stuff, but it is always appreciated.

so I stopped by Walmart earlier to see what was in stock, saw a box of panini illusions 2019, figured why not. I wanted to rip something and didn’t want to go home empty handed, pulled this guy out. I know it’s not worth much or anything at all but it’s funny how much we been talking about lock and his cards.
26A271F2-8D7D-42A2-A9DD-827543E9E173.jpeg

Attachments

• 06791F2D-8720-4204-BB5D-D206FFE6B1EF.jpeg
    06791F2D-8720-4204-BB5D-D206FFE6B1EF.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom