Anyone a new found soccer fan?

I would always watch the big games. After this past World Cup, I would say I became a bigger fan of soccer overall.

Started watching during the world cup. Need to start watching the German League whenever Kagawa comes back from injury.

Nippon
pimp.gif

Started watching during the world cup. Need to start watching the German League whenever Kagawa comes back from injury.

Nippon
pimp.gif

Ive been watching soccer since I was in highschool which was about 8 years ago. Back then it was all replays that they would show on Comcast Sportsnet on Tuesdays, which were games from the previous weekend. Back then I remember Arsenal being the team! The invincibles with Henry. Right now I watch it on a regular basis and always push for the French national team and French players, don't know why especially with the mess going on now with the French national team. Oh yea Gourcuff is the future.

Ive been watching soccer since I was in highschool which was about 8 years ago. Back then it was all replays that they would show on Comcast Sportsnet on Tuesdays, which were games from the previous weekend. Back then I remember Arsenal being the team! The invincibles with Henry. Right now I watch it on a regular basis and always push for the French national team and French players, don't know why especially with the mess going on now with the French national team. Oh yea Gourcuff is the future.

I wouldn't watch premier league soccer cuz it boring. Watch La Liga (Spain) it's more exciting. Italian and Spanish soccer > English and German soccer

I wouldn't watch premier league soccer cuz it boring. Watch La Liga (Spain) it's more exciting. Italian and Spanish soccer > English and German soccer

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

indifferent.gif

so you call the premier league boring but la liga and seria a exciting?

Op, watch the premier league and every thurday an MLS game is shown on espn2.
I know everyone here hates on the MLS, but I find it more watchable than the mexican league.

indifferent.gif

I know everyone here hates on the MLS, but I find it more watchable than the mexican league.

Mexican League is dope; but some of the most underated soccer has to be Copa Libertadores; its the Latin American version of Champions League

Mexican League is dope; but some of the most underated soccer has to be Copa Libertadores; its the Latin American version of Champions League

Originally Posted by Demps

indifferent.gif

Exactly
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Exactly
indifferent.gif

Truth 
pimp.gif
 Glad you're getting into soccer, my dude. 
Now's a perfect time to watch all the Champions League matches, showcasing (arguably) the 16 best clubs in Europe. If you like strong possession and precision passing Barcelona is the team to watch obviously for Messi (superstar) as well as their creative playmakers Xavi and Iniesta in the midfield. If you want sick free-kicks and big time shots keep an eye out for Cristiano Ronaldo on Real Madrid. CR7 and Messi are the top 2 footballers in the world right now. 

EPL: Man Utd (very organized with strong fundamentals), Arsenal (probably the strongest attacking club in the EPL), Spurs (Lennon and Bale's pace), Man City (defensive-minded), and Chelsea (plethora of offensive options just haven't put it all together).

La Liga: Barca (some say the best club in the world at the moment), Madrid (Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso, Casillas, Ramos), Villarreal (personally I really like the way they counter-attack), and Valencia (Soldado).

Serie A: Milan (leading the Italian league currently), Inter (making up a lot of points under Leonardo), Napoli (Cavani, Lavezzi, and Hamsik), Juventus (struggling this year but I like Chiellini), and Roma (mess largely because of Ranieri). 

Truth 
pimp.gif
 Glad you're getting into soccer, my dude. 
Now's a perfect time to watch all the Champions League matches, showcasing (arguably) the 16 best clubs in Europe. If you like strong possession and precision passing Barcelona is the team to watch obviously for Messi (superstar) as well as their creative playmakers Xavi and Iniesta in the midfield. If you want sick free-kicks and big time shots keep an eye out for Cristiano Ronaldo on Real Madrid. CR7 and Messi are the top 2 footballers in the world right now. 

EPL: Man Utd (very organized with strong fundamentals), Arsenal (probably the strongest attacking club in the EPL), Spurs (Lennon and Bale's pace), Man City (defensive-minded), and Chelsea (plethora of offensive options just haven't put it all together).

La Liga: Barca (some say the best club in the world at the moment), Madrid (Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso, Casillas, Ramos), Villarreal (personally I really like the way they counter-attack), and Valencia (Soldado).

Serie A: Milan (leading the Italian league currently), Inter (making up a lot of points under Leonardo), Napoli (Cavani, Lavezzi, and Hamsik), Juventus (struggling this year but I like Chiellini), and Roma (mess largely because of Ranieri). 

I've been a casual fan for a while now but I really started getting into it this year. I've followed the three previous World Cups and really liked watching it even though I had to wake up at like 4am to catch any games here on the West Coast
laugh.gif
This year I started really following the EPL and have tried to catch La Liga whenever I could. I definitely think FIFA 10 and 11 helped spur an interest amongst my friends and myself.

I think soccer is way more entertaining to watch then any other sport, including basketball. Once I started picking up on the intricacies of passes, ball handling, and defense, my appreciation for the game grew that much more. I think for the casual American fan, all they want to see is goals (which are great of course) but once one learns to appreciate the other aspects of the game it becomes apparent why soccer has such a large following everywhere else.

Manchester United
pimp.gif

I've been a casual fan for a while now but I really started getting into it this year. I've followed the three previous World Cups and really liked watching it even though I had to wake up at like 4am to catch any games here on the West Coast
laugh.gif
This year I started really following the EPL and have tried to catch La Liga whenever I could. I definitely think FIFA 10 and 11 helped spur an interest amongst my friends and myself.

I think soccer is way more entertaining to watch then any other sport, including basketball. Once I started picking up on the intricacies of passes, ball handling, and defense, my appreciation for the game grew that much more. I think for the casual American fan, all they want to see is goals (which are great of course) but once one learns to appreciate the other aspects of the game it becomes apparent why soccer has such a large following everywhere else.

Manchester United
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

indifferent.gif

Exactly
indifferent.gif
I just think that EPL is more competitive, since more teams push to come out on top as opposed to spains usual powerhouses, ive followed barcelona since my dude Rivaldo played for them back around 2000, when they were underdogs to RM. But the EPL i find more physical than any other league in terms of playing style and it makes it exiting whether you are watching Man U vs Arsenal, or wigan  vs wolves 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

indifferent.gif

Exactly
indifferent.gif
I just think that EPL is more competitive, since more teams push to come out on top as opposed to spains usual powerhouses, ive followed barcelona since my dude Rivaldo played for them back around 2000, when they were underdogs to RM. But the EPL i find more physical than any other league in terms of playing style and it makes it exiting whether you are watching Man U vs Arsenal, or wigan  vs wolves 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

YES...English soccer is boring. 

Its the reason why Americans dont like soccer cuz they are more likely to watch premier league games instead of more attacking/creative focused  soccer like in Argetina/Brazil/Mexico/Italy/Spain/Portugal etc.

logo.gif

Turning their minds from black holes to football, a group of astrophysicists at Warwick University have demonstrated the English premier league has some of the most boring games in the world.

English league and cup games are 30 times less likely to have high scores than games in the rest of the world taken as a whole, found postgraduate students John Greenhough and Paul Birch, who had been working on the statistical patterns of x-rays emitted from the neighbourhood of black holes.

Just as black holes emit bursts of x-rays as matter is sucked into them, so their analysis of 135,000 games in 169 countries since 1999 showed scores fell into a similar pattern of "extremal distribution".

The past 30 years of English top division games (13,000 of them plus 5,000 FA Cup matches) revealed far fewer high scoring games than in the world as a whole and, they reported, "rather than fitting an extremal statistics pattern the English games more closely fitted either Poisson or negative binomial distributions". A mouthful even for John Motson.

Their supervisor, Professor Sandra Chapman, said the pair had looked at football in their spare time but their results were serious enough to be submitted for publication in an academic journal, Physica A, and to be posted on the Los Alamos pre-publication website.

The same sort of statistics are used to analyse and predict black hole emissions from deep space, weather patterns and stockmarket crashes. Professor Chapman compared the black hole x-rays to the turbulence of water going over a fall where the energy comes in bursts. English football showed a different, more random pattern.

A total score of more than 10 goals in any one game occurs only once in every 10,000 English top division games - once every 30 years - compared to once in 300 games - about once a day. "Worldwide, football is more like turbulence at black holes in terms of statistics," she said. There will be no more football research from the Warwick group, however. "It's back to the black holes - I think we've done enough on football."

IMO the top 30 players in the world (Players in Premiership highlighted in red/correct me if i'm wrong).
6af35979ef6559745efb22f368d5df15a0bceb0.bmp

Those who say the premiership is the best are wrong. I dont think its a bad league but its def under La Liga. For me the premiership is a  tactical, slow, and defensive league. i like fast attacking soccer with creative players.

indifferent.gif

YES...English soccer is boring. 

Its the reason why Americans dont like soccer cuz they are more likely to watch premier league games instead of more attacking/creative focused  soccer like in Argetina/Brazil/Mexico/Italy/Spain/Portugal etc.

logo.gif

Turning their minds from black holes to football, a group of astrophysicists at Warwick University have demonstrated the English premier league has some of the most boring games in the world.

English league and cup games are 30 times less likely to have high scores than games in the rest of the world taken as a whole, found postgraduate students John Greenhough and Paul Birch, who had been working on the statistical patterns of x-rays emitted from the neighbourhood of black holes.

Just as black holes emit bursts of x-rays as matter is sucked into them, so their analysis of 135,000 games in 169 countries since 1999 showed scores fell into a similar pattern of "extremal distribution".

The past 30 years of English top division games (13,000 of them plus 5,000 FA Cup matches) revealed far fewer high scoring games than in the world as a whole and, they reported, "rather than fitting an extremal statistics pattern the English games more closely fitted either Poisson or negative binomial distributions". A mouthful even for John Motson.

Their supervisor, Professor Sandra Chapman, said the pair had looked at football in their spare time but their results were serious enough to be submitted for publication in an academic journal, Physica A, and to be posted on the Los Alamos pre-publication website.

The same sort of statistics are used to analyse and predict black hole emissions from deep space, weather patterns and stockmarket crashes. Professor Chapman compared the black hole x-rays to the turbulence of water going over a fall where the energy comes in bursts. English football showed a different, more random pattern.

A total score of more than 10 goals in any one game occurs only once in every 10,000 English top division games - once every 30 years - compared to once in 300 games - about once a day. "Worldwide, football is more like turbulence at black holes in terms of statistics," she said. There will be no more football research from the Warwick group, however. "It's back to the black holes - I think we've done enough on football."

IMO the top 30 players in the world (Players in Premiership highlighted in red/correct me if i'm wrong).
6af35979ef6559745efb22f368d5df15a0bceb0.bmp

Those who say the premiership is the best are wrong. I dont think its a bad league but its def under La Liga. For me the premiership is a  tactical, slow, and defensive league. i like fast attacking soccer with creative players.

Was a very casual Valencia viewer when David Villa was still there

Now its just all Champions League for me. MLS about to start up!!!

and AJIIIpLATINum, soccer imo is more tactical just because of the size of the pitch. I watch hockey when i want to watch an attacking fast-paced brand

Was a very casual Valencia viewer when David Villa was still there

Now its just all Champions League for me. MLS about to start up!!!

and AJIIIpLATINum, soccer imo is more tactical just because of the size of the pitch. I watch hockey when i want to watch an attacking fast-paced brand

Back
Top Bottom