Anybody watch the show Hello Ladies?

Show is pretty funny but man the main character is cringe worthy to watch.

Like...Michael Scott meets Dwight Schrute.

It comes on HBO btw

Solid show, doubt it lasts more than 1 season, though. Stephen Merchant is a pretty funny dude--I miss the Ricky Gervais Show.

I can't watch the show. I tried but like you said its so awkward and the episodes i saw just make me depressed. I'm sure there is a silver lining some where and maybe the main character or one of his friends wins at some point in the show...but watching an awkward guy get shut down by women over and over and over.....na not funny or entertaining to me.

then why even post man?  I'm tired of your mindless replies just to up your post count.  In every thread you are either quoting somebody with one of these "
laugh.gif
", or saying absolutely nothing.

anyways, I always see previews for this show before I watch Eastbound, show looks awful, can barely make it through the trailers. 

I watch it.. I think it's pretty darn funny. It honestly reminds me of moments in my life. I'm definitely not as awkward (I've had plenty of success, but like most people in life, I have been shot down numerous times), but there have been moments where I have been in situations similar to his. It's easy to relate and laugh about now

Last edited:
This show keeps getting funnier.

It was a little too akward at first, but it's found it's groove where Merchant's character really believes he is this baller who gets broads, but is still a lame/nerd at heart, like he's somehow a douche but still very nice and likeable.

Like the whole gay joke thing was hilarious, and how he tried to apologize by saying it was actually a racist joke that he turned into a gay joke with the gay black dude right there.

I can't watch the show. I tried but like you said its so awkward and the episodes i saw just make me depressed. I'm sure there is a silver lining some where and maybe the main character or one of his friends wins at some point in the show...but watching an awkward guy get shut down by women over and over and over.....na not funny or entertaining to me.

It's cringe comedy for sure. Not everyone is in to it and I can see why. I personally enjoy it.

Its an alright show.  Funny & depressing at the same time.  Predicting main character and his neighbor are just gonna hookup.

Sums up how I feel.

Watched the pilot episode. I gotta say I wasn't impressed. Hopefully the next episodes are better?

Last edited:
i needed a new cringe-inducing comedy since the office ended ... stuart's roommate/tenant/whatever is kinda bad

I can't stand this show, totally unlikable main character. You can't root for the guy at all; he's a jerk to his best friend, and he's a total douche to everyone else. A guy like this would eventually get the crap beat out of him.  I can't see this show getting renewed. 

caught up with all episodes today.

man, this is show is funny.
the supporting cast isnt strong. every situation Merchant is in is amusing.

will be watching it regularly.
:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom