Anybody Own Suits from Jos A Bank?

They always are running the crazy buy 1 get 100 things free sales.

I have a few weddings this summer plus a trip to Vegas, and I would like to get at least two new suits.

I'm worried that the price is too good to be true which would equal low quality suits.  And before you say, go to the store and look yourself, I'm not any kind of suit expert, so I don't even know what I would be looking at to determine quality.

I have a few suits. I usually buy them during the end of winter when the have plenty of sales. I think the quality is pretty decent and I love the fact that they take your measurements and tailor them in-store.

Saves you a lot of time & so far I haven't had any regrets with the 4 suits I own.

P.S. - Not that it matters but I also went there for a suit I wore to my Aunt's wedding a few yrs back..sry no picks currently to show you

I got 2 suits. Mens Wearhouse is where it's at
pimp.gif

Never bought a suit there, i see they're ads all the time.

what are they're prices like?

I got a couple and they are straight. They are decent everyday suits, I'd cop if you are looking for a good quality suit for a low price.

As long as you aren't rocking one of those 6 button steve harvey joints in some crazy color you should be cool. Stick to wool, if a suit is made out of Rayon, nylon or some other syntehtic material run far, far away from it.

Remember what makes a suit look good is the fit. Whatever kind of suit you get, find a good tailor and have them alter it to fit you the way it is supposed to. I got some Jos A Bank suits that people swear are like $2,000 suits because I got it altered to fit my body.

They have different levels of suits:

Executive ~$550
Signature ~$795
Joseph ~$995
Signature Gold ~$1095
Platinum ~$1895

The sale they have going on right now is buy 1 suit, get 1 free, plus 2 dress shirts and 2 ties.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

They always are running the crazy buy 1 get 100 things free sales.

I have a few weddings this summer plus a trip to Vegas, and I would like to get at least two new suits.

I'm worried that the price is too good to be true which would equal low quality suits.  And before you say, go to the store and look yourself, I'm not any kind of suit expert, so I don't even know what I would be looking at to determine quality.
I'm in the EXACT same position but replace Vegas with Sacramento.
I need 2 suits but I don't know the difference between a good suit and a mediocre one. Jos A Bank looks like a steal. 

This thread is definitely bookmarked.

Remember what makes a suit look good is the fit. Whatever kind of suit you get, find a good tailor and have them alter it to fit you the way it is supposed to.

Great piece of advice.  Just because something is "off the rack" doesnt mean it can't or wont look nice.  Not everyone in the world has the $$$ for customerd tailored suits, but more than likely has some $$ to get store bought suits fit to size.

I think I'll head down to the store this week and check it out. $550 for two suits, two shirts, and two ties seems like a great deal to me. I can't wear my old raggy suit from JCPenny anymore.

jos a banks suits are alright... i own one that was about 800 bucks which is a pretty penny for me.  like people have said, it's not so much the suit, but the tailoring that makes a suit great.

on the other hand, i wouldn't buy the dress shirts from that place. i've tried one on before and they are cut much too full for my frame (i'm 6 foot around 195 lbs).  for dress shirts and ties i would recommend going to an outlet like polo or brooks brothers.

They have a sale going on for the next three days. Buy 6 shirts or ties (mix and match) and get a free executive suit. The shirts and ties are priced at $60.

I was thinking about getting 4 shirts 2 ties (I have plenty of ties already) and a free suit for $360. Not a bad deal but I need two suits (different weddings with mutual friends so i cant just change the shirt and tie). Plus fathers day is around the corner so they'll probably have a better sale in the next few days

yeah yeah i know get a blog.

i gotta check them out its one down the street from my job and i have 3 weddings to go to this summer.

suits are cool. dont +%@* with the executive dress shirts. 2 shirts, one wear each...one missing button on each of them...

expensive or cheap, just get it tailored

this place is decent, the prices are reasonable. and they always have some deal going on, lol

VERY stupid question
when you buy a suit online does it come with the pants?
looking at jos a bank or overstock

Ok...if Brooks Brothers is considered a 9.5 then Jos A Banks suits are a 8.5 depending on the level you are buying. The top level Jos A. Bank suits over $1000 are really good suits. I myself went for the Buy 1 Suit of ANY kind and get 2 free. I wound up with 3 Joseph A. Banks suits including tailoring for only $714. They are really nice and the tailors there do a great job. I get many compliments from the suits. A really good deal.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

VERY stupid question
when you buy a suit online does it come with the pants?
looking at jos a bank or overstock

- your answer is in your question.....(i think)

- its a suit. without the pants and it would be called buying a jacket or sport coat.

ya i see those commercials all the time, i think ima hit that up soon and check out what they have.. buy one get one free sounds good

Back
Top Bottom