Anybody else hate working in retail???

i worked at BR when i was 19....worst freakin job. I was working sales and they made me work stock/register/visuals....i just stopped going to work after 3months.

Worked at Rite Aid for about a year and a half. Hated it.
Worked my !*% off while others sat around. Lame !*% pay
Upgraded to an internship/student job at an office and it's
pimp.gif
Better pay, less work, and I get to choose my hours.

i use to hate the schedule of retail....incosistent hours.....I like that M-F 8-5 kinda schedule.

While its obviously got downs, what job doesnt? I couldnt sit at a desk/cubicle so I love being able to talk to people and move and have some variation. Itjust depends what company your with and your title.

my first job...
wont ever forget it because it was and mostly because i hated it

Retail sucks *$#.. I worked at sears for about 2 months before I walked out on one of my shifts.. Back to School week was the worst of them all my god

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Who doesn't hate it besides those 35 y/o+ assistant managers who commit their lives to the company.

Well I guess Im one, but I raise two kids, got a wife and live very nicely. I think the key is to find a company that you enjoy the products. If you like carswork at AutoZone, if you like shoes work at a shoe store, movies, then a movie theater or Blockbuster. Just remember any job retail or not, its what YOU makeof it. Every job sucks in some way, its a job, but you gotta make it fun and enjoyable. Nobody likes to be around the "this job sucks I hate it"people.

Originally Posted by FL0ETiCNOSTALGiA

OP, why don't you take your tall @%* and get a security job? They pay pretty well.
smile.gif

laugh.gif
You know what?! I might owe you... That's what I'm about to do. Thanks for the idea.

And lol @ the
smile.gif
I'm always waiting for it to wink or move orsomething, but he just keeps on
smile.gif

Speaking of inconsistent schedules, I've always hated whey they make me close on a Friday night and the have me come in the morning to open the store up.Sup wit that?

i have bad days myself, but i run the front end and tell other people what to do.just waiting my time to go to a 2yr fast track college course.wifey is inschool now.2 more yrs for her to get a masters degree.hell, ill be at 16 bucks an hour.not bad for someone who didnt go to college IMO..who know till that daycomes..NO FINANCIAL AID FTL

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I can sell my asss off tho no matter what the product is so I've should have used my skills else where..
Exactly. I think that's what I was trying to say.

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

Being a cashier sucks, beggar was alright, shift manager is where it's at.

"Beggar" = easiest job ever

Originally Posted by JWM

yea i feel you on that too especially when you ask them to help you on zoning something and you check your area(that they where suppose to help on) and it looks like nobody even did anything
mad.gif

and it looks terrible
mad.gif
It's the worse when it's your "friend" atwork and you dont want to act like you're gettin on them, but at the same time you want to tell them to ****

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

Speaking of inconsistent schedules, I've always hated whey they make me close on a Friday night and the have me come in the morning to open the store up. Sup wit that?
I dont know where you work, but its made to give you a weekend night off. If you close Friday night, you open Saturday morning so you can haveSaturday night off. Open Friday, close Saturday will give you a Friday night off.

I'm sure you'd be more upset if you had to close both nights, or open when you wanted to go out the night before.
nerd.gif

WHy yal hate food service so much? I work as a server and love it. It is a private country club though so I don't really deal with the obnoxious people butthe tips are amazing compared to other minimum wage jobs out there. I recommend yal try it out. Start as a busser and move on as you get more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom