Anybody catch Bill Maher yesterday? Some strong stuff here...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Maher's that dude, only liberal that isn't a {}..
Maher is officially a Libertarian. He has to pander to his (generally) liberal panel and audience though.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Maher is officially a Libertarian. He has to pander to his (generally) liberal panel and audience though.
I know he used to be a Libertarian and maybe he still is privately but I highly doubt that anymore.  The stuff he used to talk about is far different from what it is now, he is clearly a liberal now.

I know he used to be a Libertarian and maybe he still is privately but I highly doubt that anymore.  The stuff he used to talk about is far different from what it is now, he is clearly a liberal now.

Bill Maher 
pimp.gif

Libertarians, for the most part, are extremely liberal on social issues. 
Except for Libertarians, being liberal on social issues is not an end in and of itself. It has to do with the grater philosophy of the role of government.

Libertarians, for the most part, are extremely liberal on social issues. 
Except for Libertarians, being liberal on social issues is not an end in and of itself. It has to do with the grater philosophy of the role of government.

if you watched this video and thought it was enlightening you havent mentally developed yet ... maher is a crafty manipulator who takes one aspect of a situation and runs with it in such a way that you forget about the situation ... the guy is a complete douche bag ...

everyone always worries about people believing what O'reilly says is fact ... it would be terrifying if any type of majority in America got behind this %%#+%## guy ... i give him the type of respect i would give a pile of %!@$ from Zenyatta ... one of the few people if i ever saw in real life i'd tell to +$@% themselves ...

if you watched this video and thought it was enlightening you havent mentally developed yet ... maher is a crafty manipulator who takes one aspect of a situation and runs with it in such a way that you forget about the situation ... the guy is a complete douche bag ...

everyone always worries about people believing what O'reilly says is fact ... it would be terrifying if any type of majority in America got behind this %%#+%## guy ... i give him the type of respect i would give a pile of %!@$ from Zenyatta ... one of the few people if i ever saw in real life i'd tell to +$@% themselves ...

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Maher and Keith come of as presumptuous jerks with the comments they have made as of late.  They've only reinforced the position conservatives have of them, as people who believe they can do no wrong.

Jon was entirely correct to do what he did.  Fixing this divide due to faction will have to come from a place of humility on BOTH sides.  Maher and Keith don't speak for all liberals, just as Glenn Beck and Michael Savage don't speak for all conservatives. 

For that reason, it has to be acknowledged that both sides of the argument have used manipulation techniques and lies for the sake of their respected arguments.  Michael Moore produces just as much propaganda and lies as Glenn does. 

To argue over which side uses more manipulation defeats the purpose of everything Jon and Stephen tried to establish (progression, moving on from the past, starting new, working together, etc.)  So awesome job to Maher and Keith for ruining that.
exactly ...

Maher and Keith come of as presumptuous jerks with the comments they have made as of late.  They've only reinforced the position conservatives have of them, as people who believe they can do no wrong.

Jon was entirely correct to do what he did.  Fixing this divide due to faction will have to come from a place of humility on BOTH sides.  Maher and Keith don't speak for all liberals, just as Glenn Beck and Michael Savage don't speak for all conservatives. 

For that reason, it has to be acknowledged that both sides of the argument have used manipulation techniques and lies for the sake of their respected arguments.  Michael Moore produces just as much propaganda and lies as Glenn does. 

To argue over which side uses more manipulation defeats the purpose of everything Jon and Stephen tried to establish (progression, moving on from the past, starting new, working together, etc.)  So awesome job to Maher and Keith for ruining that.
exactly ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

exactly ...
I have my reservations with Maher but I also like the guy. The reason being that he gets fake liberals angry because he exposes them for what they really are. Fact is  that most people who call themselves "liberals" nowadays are just pawns of the current political system/ welfare state and nothing more.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

exactly ...
I have my reservations with Maher but I also like the guy. The reason being that he gets fake liberals angry because he exposes them for what they really are. Fact is  that most people who call themselves "liberals" nowadays are just pawns of the current political system/ welfare state and nothing more.

I like the guy, but like many athiests, he comes of as a little "too" athiest.

Back
Top Bottom