Anybody building a muscle car??? vol. Post your project! (UPDATE pg.6)

any of you NTers building a muscle car? i just bought a 1968 ford falcon from ebay and im gonna start from the ground up. all chrome and trim is in good condition, no rust (except for surface rust on the roof), shifter on the floor.. im looking to take out the 289 and replace it with a 351, disk brake swap, candy paint, peanut butter leather/suede seats, and much more. now i  just have to manage my money
grin.gif

dsc01879d.jpg

dsc01878j.jpg

dsc01882sd.jpg

dsc01919b.jpg

pimp.gif

0926091811.jpg

because its just like a mustang, only a little bit smaller and more rare. there's alot of mustangs, chevelles, nova's, etc here in the bay area. i hadto go on ebay to find a sports coupe

i paid $1850 for it + 650 to get it shipped. it runs too

only if i wasnt saving for a crib

i really wanna do a chevelle or a old school Lac vert

more than likely i will be a Lac no rims just some big %!+ white walls on some player %*%@

ah Well good luck with it, looks good on paper just doing all the stuff you said is the hard part. If you want to be different you should of done a Mopar. Butthe price on those things are out of this world. You doing the work yourself?

Originally Posted by solefood229

only if i wasnt saving for a crib

i really wanna do a chevelle or a old school Lac vert

more than likely i will be a Lac no rims just some big %!+ white walls on some player %*%@

pimp.gif
thats wassup

im throwin some vogue tires on mine

i have a couple friends that are going to help me with most of the work. i just have to fund it
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

if it was my car, id try to keep it as stock as possible. especially if it still runs, id clean the body up. fresh paint, reupholster the interior, some nicewheels and im set.

keep us updated fam

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

drop in a nice crate motor
and a turbo 400 trans that can handle da power.

and a 9 inch rear end

i just don't know what i should do first, the paint or the engine?

Engine, trans, rear first then paint. Its a bad thing when you paint it then do something to it doing the motor work. Dont ask me how I know.

Originally Posted by Munfy

and a 9 inch rear end

Engine, trans, rear first then paint. Its a bad thing when you paint it then do something to it doing the motor work. Dont ask me how I know.

Paint first..it's gonna be a pain pulling the engine back out when it comes time to paint

Originally Posted by Munfy

and a 9 inch rear end

Paint first..it's gonna be a pain pulling the engine back out when it comes time to paint
If he has a pain pulling the engine out, I think he picked the wrong hobby. You have to test fit everything anyways. I had my motor and trans inand out about 11 times now, its just like breathing.

it just depends who you have doing your motor work if your careful you wont damage the paint, but on the other hand i would be heated if someone messed up mynew paint job

My friend restored a '49 Chevy truck.

He re-built the engine and did all the body work, then painted.

At my uncles house in WVA, he has like 4-5 old mustangs, chevelle, gto, and an old impala just sitting there screaming "RESTORE ME".
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom