Any The Office US Version Heads?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

while season 4 was lackluster (and thats putting it mildly), they really rebounded with season 5.

naaaaah. 4 and 5 were both awful. 6 seems to have the occasional laugh so far, but on the whole it's terrible still.

Loved 1 and 2... 3 was pretty mediocre also.

These just aren't interesting enough characters to make this a character driven show, and the actors aren't talented enough to pull it off. It was best as a situation comedy shot in a mockumentary style.

i know everyone is entitled to their opinion but....i can never take your opinion on this show seriously after reading that.

Reporting
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

^Jim and Jim? Hahaha. Jim and Michael is what I'm sure you meant.
Yea, I'm about to go watch some the other season 6 episodes. Hopefully they don't have corny and unfunny moments like the whole cheesecart thing in those episodes.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Despite his moments of ignorance and stupidity, Michael has displayed sales acumen.

- Big sale to Tim Meadows' character at Chilis
- Meeting with the rep at the expo and making Hammermill products no longer a Staples exclusive
- Making the huge sale with "the Coz" while Jan thinks he's completely goofing off
Yup. He appears to be a poor manager and decision maker, but can succeed in sales and can be a good people person.
That meeting at Chili's was
roll.gif
. Jan was pissed of the whole time, while Michael and Tim were drunk and munching on those ribs and onion blossom.
laugh.gif

When Michael sealed the deal he and Jan were in the parking lot, and he was yelling, "Nailed itttttt"
laugh.gif
haha the awesome blossom
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Office is still funny. That wedding episode was I thought really good. Its getting kind of dramatic but its still fun to watch.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Yeah, watch enough and you'll see that although Michael may be a complete idiot, but he's very capable as a manager and is a people person
laugh.gif
I'm watching the old episodes on TBS. I just wondering why he does the things he does that drives people insane. Another question, why is healways nice to Pam?

office is GOAT to me, for now.

Dwight and Kevin are always killin it

TBS in the bay area on Tues, they show the old Eps. for three hrs. FTW

great show. i've started watching the old episodes with karen filippelli.

"you don't call them collared people."

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

while season 4 was lackluster (and thats putting it mildly), they really rebounded with season 5.

naaaaah. 4 and 5 were both awful. 6 seems to have the occasional laugh so far, but on the whole it's terrible still.

Loved 1 and 2... 3 was pretty mediocre also.

These just aren't interesting enough characters to make this a character driven show, and the actors aren't talented enough to pull it off. It was best as a situation comedy shot in a mockumentary style.

i know everyone is entitled to their opinion but....i can never take your opinion on this show seriously after reading that.

don't get me wrong, 3 was much better than anything after it.. but it's where it really started branching off of the main formula thatworked for me, and definitely where it started losing me.

It did bring in Andy, who i think is a positive part of the show still.. but it just started getting much less deadpan and a lot more slapstick, over the top,out of character humor.

I own it on DVD... for the record. But never watch it.
tired.gif

I'm the same way Craftsy, I own 1-4, I'm not in a rush to get around to buying 5
laugh.gif
, but I always watch 1 and 2, and will less often watch 3. It's still better than 4/5, but it is definitely the beginning of the show's downfall in style.

Originally Posted by DatzToothLess

Anybody seen the original British version that comes on Cartoon Network now? %!%% is soooo dry
If you don't like it initially, don't give up on it just yet, it's pure brilliance, hilarious and well written story wise.

I watched all of season 1-3 but got kinda bored of it. Now i'm back trying to catch up with seasons.

Back
Top Bottom