Any Straight Edge people here?

Originally Posted by quik1987

i think some of these people are ignorant. If you've tried something before and don't like it, cool. But if you've never tried anything than you really not qualified to speak on it, or look down on those who choose to do those things. Life is about experience.

co sign

and u can say the same thing about so many threads in the general forum

i think some of these people are ignorant. If you've tried something before and don't like it, cool. But if you've never tried anything than you really not qualified to speak on it, or look down on those who choose to do those things. Life is about experience.

I think it is ridiculous that there is this word used to describe it. It is all about personal choices. No casual sex for me, never smoked a cigarette, never smoked a joint, but I will sip on drinks on some occasions and barely drink, and probably only got drunk once. I do not see it as being better than anyone else and it is just a personal lifestyle that is best fit for me. You do you, I do me.

I stopped drinking on my 22nd birthday after seeing all these gross people at a club. I believe a person should reward themselves for .. say hard work, but quite frankly, most people that drink are irresponsible and lazy, this is the main reason I stopped was because I didn't in the same category as these people. Ironically CM Punk calling out people on Smackdown weak, was pretty funny, but made sense. I can do without alcohol, shoot, I turned out fine before drinking.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i'm not but i can respect the discipline people have who live that type of lifestyle.

as long as they don't pull a cm punk and act like their better then you for being straight edge their fine with me.

THIS... i hate when people brag about it like its some great thing... i just think their missing out on some GOOD TIMES...

Don't drink (my ancestors were pirates and alcoholism has been in my family for generations so my tolerance level is sky high to where it's pointless)

Don't smoke (how anyone under the age of 30 smokes knowing everything our generation knows about smoking and it's negative effects on the body is beyond me...not judgin tho)

Don't do any prescription drugs (although I do love some Nyquil)

Keep a shaved head (personal choice)

I guess I'm straight edge. I ain't preachin tho.

Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms
pimp.gif

...you might as well call me ''alphabet boy Cage.''

Drinkin' brew, smokin' cigs, shootin' guns with your Pop while y'all talk' about life is where it's at...

...miss me wit all that ''holier than thou'' *#%#.

I don't drink, smoke, or use any types of drugs. Wouldn't classify myself as straight edge though.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Mister916

frostythepoptart wrote:
who cares, why do you need a label. this is why people are lames.
People are lame for being better than you?

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm glad someone saw me pulling legs.
laugh.gif

Dudes are too sensitive on NT now. 

Who the hell is to say who is better? I work 50-60 hours a week, throw concerts, and GUESS WHAT? drink often and occasionally smoke.

I don't #*+#%!% judge people for not drinking or smoking. i don't need to be judged for doing it. What was one of the reasons i started drinking? Because i didn't have a good reason NOT to drink.

THAT is why straight edges are lames.

edit - and for the record, i didn't drink or smoke til 19. when someone offered me alcohol or weed, i just said i don't drink or smoke, i didn't give a LECTURE on why straight edge kids are better than *.

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Relax.

I was messing with you guys. I really don't drink or smoke but I thought I'd ask if anyone was really straight edge. You guys have got to chill though. No need to post why you're not inferior. I should have kept it going though.
laugh.gif

really trying to play that card? how you gonna say something ignorant and then try and play it off "oh it was a jooke got you!". Don't know if you noticed but sarcasm is just a tad bit hard to tell over the internet, especially when you don't use one of these
laugh.gif
. I really don't !%*%#%# like straight edge people, hence why i got so mad.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I actually have to leave this topic alone, they bug me beyond belief
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Mister916

frostythepoptart wrote:
who cares, why do you need a label. this is why people are lames.
People are lame for being better than you?

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm glad someone saw me pulling legs.
laugh.gif

Dudes are too sensitive on NT now. 

Who the hell is to say who is better? I work 50-60 hours a week, throw concerts, and GUESS WHAT? drink often and occasionally smoke.

I don't #*+#%!% judge people for not drinking or smoking. i don't need to be judged for doing it. What was one of the reasons i started drinking? Because i didn't have a good reason NOT to drink.

THAT is why straight edges are lames.

edit - and for the record, i didn't drink or smoke til 19. when someone offered me alcohol or weed, i just said i don't drink or smoke, i didn't give a LECTURE on why straight edge kids are better than *.
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Relax.

I was messing with you guys. I really don't drink or smoke but I thought I'd ask if anyone was really straight edge. You guys have got to chill though. No need to post why you're not inferior. I should have kept it going though.
laugh.gif

really trying to play that card? how you gonna say something ignorant and then try and play it off "oh it was a jooke got you!". Don't know if you noticed but sarcasm is just a tad bit hard to tell over the internet, especially when you don't use one of these
laugh.gif
. I really don't !%*%#%# like straight edge people, hence why i got so mad.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I actually have to leave this topic alone, they bug me beyond belief
laugh.gif

Well that would be on you not to take it that way right? At least ask. Matter of fact, I've been laughing in just about every post due to the hate of straight edge people.

No wonder CM Punk gets that kind of heat. His current role is genius.
laugh.gif
Dudes came out in a swarm with the disgust for SES.

http://www.youtube.com/v/TJ1msqLo48k&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/TJ1msqLo48k&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Originally Posted by bigsupa

SMH I THOUGHT THIS WAS A THREAD ON THE STRAIGHT EDGE RAZOR TO SHAVE WITH

With the way some of these guys are talking, they were ready to grab theirs and do some shaving
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

. I believe a person should reward themselves for .. say hard work, but quite frankly, most people that drink are irresponsible and lazy, this is the main reason I stopped was because I didn't in the same category as these people.

Awesome assumption/generalization. Would definitely read again.

Only "straight-edge" activity I partake in is abstinence from drugs. I have a fairly addictive personality, it would just end up bad. Not preachy about it, though.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

I stopped drinking on my 22nd birthday after seeing all these gross people at a club. I believe a person should reward themselves for .. say hard work, but quite frankly, most people that drink are irresponsible and lazy, this is the main reason I stopped was because I didn't in the same category as these people. Ironically CM Punk calling out people on Smackdown weak, was pretty funny, but made sense. I can do without alcohol, shoot, I turned out fine before drinking.

You should just go sit in the corner before you sound more stupid than you do right now.  Most people that drink are irresponsible and lazy?  You do realize that there is a very, very large WORLDWIDE population of people who enjoy alcohol (responsibly might I add).   Now, if you had said the majority of people who ABUSE alcohol are lazy and irresponsible you might be more correct with that assessment. buuut you didn't, instead you just sound ignorant 
smh.gif

Straight Edge is about gloating in the fact that you don't succumb to natural temptations. It's a holier-than-thou snobbery. I've never met a Straight Edge person who doesn't let you know they are a Straight Edge person straightaway.

Just remember this:

“The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough.â€

The Icing on the cake is when Punk catches what a fan throws at him and throws it back without even breaking his promo. Brilliance.

I don't drink or smoke or party or anything, and don't sleep around. No tats or piercings.

Not even going to lie, though... the reason I don't sleep around is because I don't party or drink or anything.

Trouble is, it's tough teaching an old dog new tricks. I'm too old to start partying now. Got a son, supposed to be trying to move up in my career and what not.

So yeah, I'm relatively straight edged. Didn't know there was an actual movement by that name, but I've been told my whole life I was straight-edged, too straight-edged.

*Kanye shrug*

Back
Top Bottom