Any other Laker fans wanna admit it?

celtics fan here, a championship is a championship. even for 'them'.
laugh.gif

1988 - Isiah Thomas sprained his ankle in a pivotal game of the Finals, which the Lakers went on to win
1989 - Magic was injured in the Finals, which the Pistons went on to win
1991 - James Worthy and Byron Scott were nursing injuries in the Finals, which the Bulls eventually won
1996 - Horace Grant suffered an injury against the Bulls in the ECF, which the Magic were eventually swept out of
1999 - Patrick Ewing was injured for the Finals and the Spurs captured their first championship
2000 - Tim Duncan was injured against the Suns in the first round, depriving them a chance to defend their title against eventual champion Lakers
2004 - Karl Malone was injured in the Finals, which the Pistons eventually one in five
2008 - Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza were injured for the playoffs and in the Finals against the Celtics, which the Celtics eventually won
2009 - KG was injured for the Celtics in the playoffs, resulting in a second-round exit

So do the 88 Lakers, 89 Pistons, 91 Bulls, 96 Bulls, 99 Spurs, 00 Lakers, 04 Pistons, 08 Celtics all deserve asterisks next to their titles?

No. Injuries are inevitable. Every year teams see injuries hurt their chances and other teams, including the eventual champions, see benefits.

everyone saying the lakers' championship deserves an asterisks deserves a stone face! all this talk about other teams having injured players being reasonto look down on what the lakers accomplished i feel is just hating on the lakers... in 08-09 kobe was injured (finger, back and ankle i think), gasol wasinjured( his ankle was bad), odom was injured (i think it was his back), ariza was injured and byum was injured. five of our main guys were either out or hadsome injury that was keeping them from being 100%

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by iLL Since 92

Lakers fans know they won by a fluke & if they say it wasn't they are lying to themselves. We ALL know if Yao didn't get injured they wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round. A dismantled Houston gave them a run for their money. I bet my SN they wont repeat.
lol who cares about your SN?
roll.gif
Right, as if anyone could acquire it if they wanted to

LOL at this fool. It don't matter you sound like Paul Pierce. Thing is the Celts were not gonna beat us last year, it would have played out like the yearbefore.

The rematch will happen this year believe that with LA taking another. Kobe shutting haters up, Bron walking off mad going home to lil Dez, and more excusesfrom Denver and Boston.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Injuries are a part of the game.

/thread.

QFT
Yeah. Lakers didn't have Ariza or Bynum when the Celtics won it.

Although I dont agree with the OP, this ^ is a pretty dumb statement. Ariza was a marginal player in 07-08. Hurt or not, he DID play in the playoffs. And Bynum being hurt is the part of the reason the Celtics won? Really? Bynum being hurt only lead to one thing, and it wasnt the Celtics winning. It lead to the Lakers getting PAU GASOL. So complain all you want about not having Bynum in the 07-08 playoffs. If he never got hurt, the Lakers dont get Gasol, and dont have a 08-09 title.

So to say that the Lakers didnt have Ariza or Bynum when the Celtics won it is one of the stupidest arguments one could make.
Co-signs

This thread is a joke.

Knick Fan for life and JBone in here speakin on MY behalf?

Hell naw.

This thread needs to be locked before someone draws blood.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Lakers fans know they won by a fluke & if they say it wasn't they are lying to themselves. We ALL know if Yao didn't get injured they wouldn't have made it past the 2nd round. A dismantled Houston gave them a run for their money. I bet my SN they wont repeat.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No one gives a damn about u

laugh.gif
i know right...look at his sn and his avy...he still in his daddyssack when michael jackson released thriller
roll.gif

this is a ridiculous thread...OPs a knick fan...your not a Lakers fan ****...what makes you speak for all of us?...remember once the season starts and you poston a Laker game thread or our season thread expect to get some heat from all of us
indifferent.gif

SenorRoboto2k5 wrote:
1988 - Isiah Thomas sprained his ankle in a pivotal game of the Finals, which the Lakers went on to win
1989 - Magic was injured in the Finals, which the Pistons went on to win
1991 - James Worthy and Byron Scott were nursing injuries in the Finals, which the Bulls eventually won
1996 - Horace Grant suffered an injury against the Bulls in the ECF, which the Magic were eventually swept out of
1999 - Patrick Ewing was injured for the Finals and the Spurs captured their first championship
2000 - Tim Duncan was injured against the Suns in the first round, depriving them a chance to defend their title against eventual champion Lakers
2004 - Karl Malone was injured in the Finals, which the Pistons eventually one in five
2008 - Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza were injured for the playoffs and in the Finals against the Celtics, which the Celtics eventually won
2009 - KG was injured for the Celtics in the playoffs, resulting in a second-round exit

So do the 88 Lakers, 89 Pistons, 91 Bulls, 96 Bulls, 99 Spurs, 00 Lakers, 04 Pistons, 08 Celtics all deserve asterisks next to their titles?

No. Injuries are inevitable. Every year teams see injuries hurt their chances and other teams, including the eventual champions, see benefits.
QFT.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Injuries are a part of the game.

/thread.
i mean pretty much
its not the lakers' fault that these other organizations didnt build their teams deep enough in the event of unfortunate situations i.e.injuries/suspensions or w/e

--FAIL.

In that case...
'06 Heat* - Dwhistle. Enough said.
'89 Pistons* - No Magic. No Byron Scott. That's TWO starters.
99 Spurs* - Short lock out season. No team could build momentum/chemistry.

Sarcasm^

--You catch my drift. Injuries are part of the game. No championship team deserves an asterisk next to their title.
--They won cuz they were the best thast given year. Injuries to adversaries or not.

Originally Posted by CP1708

This thread is a joke.

Hell naw.

laugh.gif

Ya'll done started something now.

every thread this dude makes is just to elicit a reaction from people. hes the biggest troll on this board.

This thread is a joke.

Hell naw.

On your behalf?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

roll.gif
. with 100 something posts?!?!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. sit down.
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

I been here since 04.
indifferent.gif
at dudes making post counts a factor. you wanna see howmany posts i got since it matters SOOO much?

N O R E A G A - 3608
The Jordan Massacre - 1559

fall back.

You have 100 something posts.

Looks like his facts are right.

If you have another screen name with more posts, it doesn't matter. The screen name you posted with has 100 something posts. You put that screen name up,the one with 100 something posts, to be retired if the Lakers repeat.

Don't get mad that no one gave a damn.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

You have 100 something posts.

Looks like his facts are right.

If you have another screen name with more posts, it doesn't matter. The screen name you posted with has 100 something posts. You put that screen name up, the one with 100 something posts, to be retired if the Lakers repeat.

Don't get mad that no one gave a damn.
laugh.gif
I aint mad
laugh.gif
. dudes just acting like post counts meaneverything in the world

This thread is a joke.

Hell naw.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom