Any original ideas left for the dunk contest?

There have been a few original dunks the past few years (Iguodala's behind the backboard, Dwight's sticker), but there's also been a lot ofunoriginality as well. I'm already getting tired of contestants hiding behind the 'throwback' and using it to vault them to their wins, as it'snot nearly as memorable. For example, Nate's performance was cool at the time (not better than Iggy I might add), but nothing special in hindsight.

So I was wondering - what are some dunk ideas you'd like to see? Is there anything original left?

I want to see guys that are older than three years in the leauge in the contest. Thats what. Have Vince, Kobe, JRich, Lebron, guys that can fly go at it. Thatswhat I would LOVE to see.

BallinBoykz
I want to see guys that are older than three years in the leauge in the contest. Thats what. Have Vince, Kobe, JRich, Lebron, guys that can fly go at it. Thats what I would LOVE to see.

that would be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but they seem to not want to for some reason....Why didn'tVC or Kobe try to defend their Slam Dunk Crowns? And LBJ refused to participate at all......I think they call it the "Rising Stars Slam Dunk Contest" for a reason though.....Butthat would be nice to see those guys there though....

BTW, I wonder what the reception would be for VC if the All Star game were in Toronto.........
tired.gif

OK. But what would you want to see them do? I wouldn't want them to do something they've already done, expecting to get a good score for throwing itback. Or do a famous MJ or Nique dunk and expect a good score for throwing it back.

One idea I had involved putting it through the hoop, then catch it after it falls through the net, then dunk it before landing. Although I'm not sure howspectacular that would actually turn out.

Dunks I have never seen done in the NBA Dunk Contest

1.Nobody has done the 720 dunk in the NBA contest yet.
2. Under Both legs
3. Kiss the Rim

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

One idea I had involved putting it through the hoop, then catch it after it falls through the net, then dunk it before landing. Although I'm not sure how spectacular that would actually turn out.
This has been done.... I forget who... but it was a while back....

Dunk contest could still be sick... but, the players have to get more creative outside of using gimmicks. Least I believe so.

Put a defender out there.

A between the legs 360, like Vince Carter?
smile.gif

A between the legs 360 on Ben Wallace?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

smile.gif

pimp.gif

I originally put this idea out there on NT a while back.
Copyright_symbol.png

I remember because you
eek.gif
ed at it.
wink.gif

Somebody get a kicker holder and long snapper and when the kicker kicks the basketball the dunker can grab it for an alley-oop

I don't remember that MisterP, but I have a terrible memory, so you're probably right.

Copyright infringement, FTW!
tongue.gif

It feels like the number of people in the contest gets smaller and smaller every year. Pretty soon it's just going to be head to head with two guys (NoGay). Also, I know it's been said many times but I want them to eliminate the "try as many times as you want" rule, it just takes the wow factoraway from the dunk when they do finally complete it...I don't want to see Tyrus Thomas in a dunk contest again; his in game dunks are ridiculous but whathe did in the dunk contest last year was just embarrassing, no effort what so ever...

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

smile.gif

pimp.gif

I originally put this idea out there on NT a while back.
Copyright_symbol.png

I remember because you
eek.gif
ed at it.
wink.gif

smh.gif
. I have no words for that.

What I'd like to see:

- Contestant self alley-oops off the backboard, catches the ball while doing a 360, and then between the legs.
- If anyone has enough hops I'd like to see them do a somersault dunk, a backflip that is (Not likely).
- See someone take off from behind the FT line (legit), and do a 360 between the legs (Again, not likely).

Dwight Howard's vow to return to the dunk contest in February almost certainly means he'll be asking the league -- again -- to let him raise the rim to 12 feet during the contest.

Back in February in Las Vegas, you'll recall, Howard had two specials planned that would have given the 7-footer an opportunity to throw down a couple of never-before-seen dunks and invalidate the assumption that big men automatically have it easier. One was a 360 dunk with the rim hiked to a full 12 feet, two feet higher than regulation. The other would have set the rim at 11½ feet, with Howard planning to go between his legs with the ball in midair before slamming it through.

League officials denied those requests, however, deciding that changing the height of the rim -- easily done midcontest with the help of hydraulics -- was a little too unusual for their liking. But sources close to Howard say he plans to push for that opportunity again. No word yet on whether the league will relent.

j rich stuff was amazing throwing it off backboard and putting it through your legs is just insane, wish james white was still in the league though

The NBA better comply with some different ideas, like Dwight's request to raise the rim height, or the contest will very soon land back in the realm of themid to late '90s when the NBA scrapped the contest altogether.

They should also ban Nate Robinson from the contest.

Back
Top Bottom