ANY OF YALL EVER BEEN A CORRECTIONAL OFFICER? OR KNOW ANY CO'S?

Originally Posted by retrourfeet

DO IT! I been one for 2 1/2 yrs.... I work 7-3 and have plenty time left in a day, life on the line sure.....thats anywhere in the world, you never know what might happen. Hey, you give respect, you get respect, golden rule ! If your in need of a job...do it. You gotta be hard and firm in your actions and how you run things tho.....these inmates are master manipulators lol Ps it helps to stand 6'4" 250+
laugh.gif

What type of experience did you have to get that job? jw

Originally Posted by Lazy B

It isn't worth it.

co-sign

i know a few CO's in my state......had some connections to get in........I actually wanted to be one before but nah.......ill pass.

My girl is a Nurse and makes more than CO's in my state also, the pay isnt worth the work at all, i guess you could make money on OT but my State has cutback a lot of spending so thats not goin down these days.

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

What do CO's do anyways?

high paid security guard with increased risk x 100.

CO is a job youd be goin after if you didnt want to finish college or you just got back from the military and cant find a job in the real world.

just bein honest. cuz i almost tried that route and all the applicants pretty much thats who they are..........CO is not a job for career change its a crappyjob you want for job security.

Both of my parents are CO's. Both of my stepparents as well. My Granddad is was a warden before he passed.

IMO if your in a Max type of place where dudes are going to be in for life then no. It isn't worth it unless you work for the feds. Most State officersdon't make that much for what you have to put up with.

I mean my stepdad had a hit put out on him, my moms has tussled with broads the size of linebackers.

In Texas you don't even get overtime.

My Brother is a CO and I would def say dont take the job
Both of my parents are CO's. Both of my stepparents as well. My Granddad is was a warden before he passed.

IMO if your in a Max type of place where dudes are going to be in for life then no. It isn't worth it unless you work for the feds. Most State officers don't make that much for what you have to put up with.

I mean my stepdad had a hit put out on him, my moms has tussled with broads the size of linebackers.

In Texas you don't even get overtime.

I know a guy that was a CO for a month. Got feces thrown at him and quit the same day.

OP now read what i wrote before.................glad i made the right choice.......also dependin on the state would make it even worse. Id never even think about it say if i lived in NY

I will add this though.

My dad is a CO in Michigan. Makes 75-80K a year and is going to retire with a pension paying him well at the age of 46.

From what he tells me doesn't really do anything all day but talk trash to the prisoners about sports. LOL

My mom and stepdad were making 32K a year coming home stressed out and pissed everyday here in Texas.

My stepdad quit and says its the best decision he has ever made.

My mom got a job at a low security Fed camp and her pay doubled and she likes her job now.

To the OP, I don't know what state you are in but it or what type of facility your going to work but that dramatically affects job quality IMO.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

To the OP, I don't know what state you are in but it or what type of facility your going to work but that dramatically affects job quality IMO.

i agree, that and also what State youre working CO in.

My uncle was a CO for over 25 years at Stateville Pen. out in Joliet,Ill.

I don't know how much he made but he was the first person I saw,outside of drug dealers to have G stacks at any given time when I was growing up.

But he stayed working 24 hour shifts and having to beat inmates down,this was back in the 80's and 90's so things were different back then consideringless was separating him from the prisoners.

Anyway,imo you either have to be half-crazy,like my uncle or have a extremely stern attitude to do it,plus physical stature play a lot into also.

There's someone in my fam that been doing this for a while and he makes low six figures and I think he met his wife, while she was doing this aswell andshe's like 5'2.
Dukes doesn't have the toughest of demeanor or anything but then again he did like 8yrs in the army so I'd say that's a plus

Got a whole bunch of homies that work as Co's down in Homestead Correctional in Florida.

Most of them are set and get all the government benefits.

i might look into this.

i had a young homeboy as well who did this he mad like 75 K a year.

Originally Posted by x1xJIGSAWx1x

Originally Posted by retrourfeet

DO IT! I been one for 2 1/2 yrs.... I work 7-3 and have plenty time left in a day, life on the line sure.....thats anywhere in the world, you never know what might happen. Hey, you give respect, you get respect, golden rule ! If your in need of a job...do it. You gotta be hard and firm in your actions and how you run things tho.....these inmates are master manipulators lol Ps it helps to stand 6'4" 250+
laugh.gif

What type of experience did you have to get that job? jw

Ah some CJ classes or Degree sometimes just passing the interview will get you in.....
wink.gif

Originally Posted by aznjmacan

Got a whole bunch of homies that work as Co's down in Homestead Correctional in Florida.

Most of them are set and get all the government benefits.

Yea forgot to mention that........BENIFITS leaving the GOV. ID on the mirrors a free pass for the POLICE lol and get free drinks and such at the local cornerstores
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom