Any NTers losing interest in kicks like Jordan retros and the whole "sneaker culture"?

Scenario.

Say your neighbor was having a yard sale and their kid was into sneakers but moved out and told his family to do watever with them.

So u go there and you see ....lets say
Royal foams.....he got game 13s......air max 95s......kobes...etc

For like 40 or 50 bucks each.

Would u buy?

Scenario.

Say your neighbor was having a yard sale and their kid was into sneakers but moved out and told his family to do watever with them.

Would u buy?

yes and flip the Kobe's and foambz.

Scenario.

Would u buy?
to flip? yes, to wear? no. getting shoes for a cheaper price still doesnt give me the opportunity to wear them

These days you don't even see adults wearing jordans like that, its usually the teens from high school and middle school competing for the new jordans. I think stores like flight club cater to grown men who want a few certain sneakers and have the disposable income to shell out a lot for those few. I really wanted the 88 3's when they came out and ended up getting them at flight club, since I always wanted them growing up and couldnt compete with the others to get them at retail...

The sneaker game now is a really young mans game and not worth the effort for those with responsibilities and obligations to pursue as passionately

I still buy shoes but I won't go through the hassle of standing outside or lines. I'm a little I guess from most of you because I can wear sneakers everyday to work. I work in IT so we can wear whatever. I now buy mostly NBs, Huaraches, & Nike retros. Only a few pairs of Jordans this year Chi 1s & SBB 1s.

But I am eyeing Laney 14s & Nike Air White Cement 4s

Still got love for the culture

unless it's an og colorway I missed out on my interest in retro jordans is really really low these days. too many whack releases and retroing shoes too soon. I swear if feels like everything i copped in high school or college has either come back out or is on the verge.

these other brands like adidas, asics, reebok, puma, and new balance have been coming out with some really nice models & colorways. better quality, cheaper price tag, no hoops to go through (unless a collab) , and won't see everyone & their grandmother with them on.

Last edited:
the thing thats starting to make me quit buying shoes all together is just because i dont have time to wear them... i work most of the week and my job doesnt allow me to wear sneakers and we dont have casual fridays either... i also find it ridiculous to put so much effort into getting 1 particular shoe... and the price is always going up with the quality not getting any better

the thing thats starting to make me quit buying shoes all together is just because i dont have time to wear them... i work most of the week and my job doesnt allow me to wear sneakers and we dont have casual fridays either... i also find it ridiculous to put so much effort into getting 1 particular shoe... and the price is always going up with the quality not getting any better
This right here. All though i did just get 2 pairs of huarache nm's that im completely in love with. theyre going to be my casual everyday trainers for whenever i do need to wear sneakers

What's the best site to sell shoes these days? eBay? NT?

I really don't want to go through the FB Groups/Instagram route.

What's the best site to sell shoes these days? eBay? NT?

I really don't want to go through the FB Groups/Instagram route.
people complain alot about ebay but ive been on it for 8 years and have no problem. It costs nothing to make a listing and then i tell people to send me offers and we agree to a price via paypal invoice

people complain alot about ebay but ive been on it for 8 years and have no problem. It costs nothing to make a listing and then i tell people to send me offers and we agree to a price via paypal invoice
Ahh alright. I'll probably just go that route then.

Not into the hype.
I make enough where i can wait and buy whenever, whatever now.
Only fall in when i see steals, especially on **** i missed out on coming up.

the curry mvp's reminded me why sneaker culture's wack ....left .....then the air flight huarache's re-released

the prices of sneakers are getting insane..while there are great cheap sneakers out there, the best of them are going for 200-ish and that used to be a big deal back then ...these retros are aimed towards teenagers, but the prices make it seem that they're catering towards the rich suburban kid

Last edited:

There's certain sneakers i'll always have interest in, but interest dies alot quicker.

i feel bad for people just getting into runners and also high end designer sneakers.

lol, like bro you're just applying your former JB hypebeast mindset to a different kind of sneaker.

call me an elitist, but once i see NT start hyping up a shoe, I begin to lose interest (see: balenciaga arenas).

im in the current process of moving my sneaker collection. Getting old sucks

Wish I could dress like Robin Williams 
okay. you're an elitist  in hypebeast denial. eff outta here...you are taking this way too serious. 

and those huaraches nm's look fugly as hell

Last edited:
the curry mvp's reminded me why sneaker culture's wack ....left .....then the air flight huarache's re-released

the prices of sneakers are getting insane..while there are great cheap sneakers out there, the best of them are going for 200-ish and that used to be a big deal back then ...these retros are aimed towards teenagers, but the prices make it seem that they're catering towards the rich suburban kid

Who do you think theyre catering to..?! Of course its rich suburban kids. Black kids in the city will get em stolen off their feet wearing something going for what a dudes rent cost. Spoiled white kids and asians far out number urban blacks at least on the west coast where things arent all the way gentrified.

And yeah i put race in it because its still a black athletes shoe. A black athlete that used to inspire other poor kids they could make it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom