Any NT'ers attend Community College?

laugh.gif
YNS...Columbia accepted my application last year and placementwasn't neccesary because I'm still undergrad.
When you return for "graduate studies" you have to take another placement test.

Thirdly classes are gonna be easier at CC because you work closely with your Professor because of class room size....what's so bad about that?
BTW the academic advisor suggest I finish up at CC and attend Columbia as a graduate next fall because my work load would be easier.

RESEARCH!!!..my parents and advisors are not spoon feeding me my course study, I chose what's financially right for me.
wink.gif

I know WHAT I WANNA DO in life.

Waste of life, but good luck finding an unbiased opinion on here since 90% of the NTers in "college" are at a junior college. They are a scam,period. You can't put a price on the fun you have during freshman (and sophomore year). Ask anyone who's been to a real university, young or old andthey'll tell you the BEST time of their life was freshman year of college - GUARANTEED. And the curriculum simply isn't up to par with that of a realuniversity. There are too many 4 year schools now, there's really no excuse to go to a cc/jc anymore. There are universities that accept kids with 2.0 gpasand before average sat/act scores..why waste time at a 2 year surrounded by losers?

word, there's way too much stigma surrounding it,
(and btw don't burn me if i forget a word or something
eyes.gif
)

Originally Posted by FaMs

laugh.gif
YNS...Columbia accepted my application last year and placement wasn't neccesary because I'm still undergrad.
When you return for "graduate studies" you have to take another placement test.

Thirdly classes are gonna be easier at CC because you work closely with your Professor because of class room size....what's so bad about that?
BTW the academic advisor suggest I finish up at CC and attend Columbia as a graduate next fall because my work load would be easier.

RESEARCH!!!..my parents and advisors are not spoon feeding me my course study, I chose what's financially right for me.
wink.gif

I know WHAT I WANNA DO in life.

damn thats crazy, good info. so you were on academic probation at columbia or a different school? i dunno i still find that hard to believe

i wonder if that would work for Yale in CT...............an my dad is a Yale alumni too. Ill def see if i can find out the chances of that going down, doubt itstill.

my mans who went there was TOP of his high school class.....like top 3 from what i remember, an all his homies who i got to know up there were some smart#*(&^$## too
id honestly be kinda upset if a dude on academic probation kicked out of his school down to cc...........transfer gets into a school like that if i was him.but hey i aint mad at you at all
eek.gif

nah sorry..................thats complete BS imo. ill just leave that as that.

different schools are going to be harder thats just fact imo. i mean my sis is going to rutgers grad. on may 21st, she took classes at the state school iactually went to central ct. she said it was WAY easier than it wouldve been at rutgers. she did that on purpose too she knew what it was.

cc is like high school, thats why they play you with transfers. you can bs in cc like hs an do fine.........go up to the university an youll be in for asurprise. im just tellin it how i see it from many people i know.

Man do you even know what an Articulation agreement is?

1633.JPG

News from Genesee Community College

For more information contact: Donna Rae Sutherland, 585-343-0055 x6616
[h1]Genesee Community College Enters Articulation Agreement with Cornell University[/h1]
BATAVIA, NY (11/20/2008; 1325)(readMedia)-- Administrators at Genesee Community College and Cornell University in Ithaca, NY signed an articulation agreement expanding the opportunity of effectively transferring associate's degree credits earned at Genesee toward a bachelor's degree from Cornell's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. With this agreement, courses and program requirements are defined so that students can make a smooth transition to their desired program at Cornell.

The articulation agreement enables full-time students to take advantage of unique opportunities and benefits such as knowing the recommended course selections that secure acceptance into a four-year program at Cornell. Upon successful completion of the outlined requirements in the agreement, students will be guaranteed admission to Cornell in any of their 19 majors.

Genesee Community College offers 11 programs that align well with Cornell's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Among those programs are Communications, Biotechnology, Computer Information Systems and Environmental Studies.

Through an articulation agreement, students typically save thousands of dollars on their first two years of tuition, which at Genesee costs $140 per credit for New York state residents. In addition, if they choose to live at home they can also save on room and board. This savings allows students to concentrate more on a transfer school that fits their education needs and career goals, rather than how much that school will cost them.

"While affordable tuition is clearly one important benefit of starting a bachelor's degree at Genesee, we find there are many other important advantages of articulation agreements," said Priscilla DiRisio, Genesee's Transfer Coordinator, who has served the College in this capacity for over 15 years.

"By concentrating on the bachelor's degree right from the beginning and carefully planning the steps to get there-students typically take the right series of courses and won't lose credit hours by taking unnecessary classes."

Genesee Community College has transfer agreements with over 45 different institutions. For further information, please contact Priscilla DiRisio at 585-343-0055 extension 6423 or go to: http://www.genesee.edu/depts/CTC/transfer/articulation.cfm.

if you're so worried about it, you don't even have to place it on a resume. And there's no way schools like Cornell enter theseagreements without the academics being acceptable.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

man............smooth transistion my #@#

again, why would i make this up? i can only speak for my State........

you act like im the only one who brought this up in the thread, but again ill just speak for my area.

im done, but OP thats cool as hell if you got into columbia from cc.

No one said you made it up, but that if you actually do your research and do it the right way, check agreements and transfer guides, it works. You can'tuse the inaccurate way you approached it to judge the whole system.

There are some nice CCs out there. One advantage is that a lot of sluts go to CC. Don't ask me why.

Fams, were you accepted to Columbia College/SEAS, or were you accepted to General Studies?

because i highly doubt you were accepted to Columbia College/SEAS as a transfer from a CC.. they don't accept CC credits. let's just say i would knowfirsthand.

if you did get accepted, it was to General Studies, wasn't it? which is considered a part of Columbia University (College and SEAS) in the same way thatBarnard College across the street is considered a part of Columbia. you get a different diploma when you graduate.

i'm not hating.. if you got into GS, then props my man. you must be loaded. but i'm just wondering.. even with GS, there is no way they accepted"100% of your credits."

i do but im actually glad i did cause most of my friends who went to university colleges dropped out and i would have done the same if i would have gone causei would not have been able to stay focus.......

1633.JPG

[h1]Genesee Community College Enters Articulation Agreement with Cornell University[/h1]
BATAVIA, NY (11/20/2008; 1325)(readMedia)-- Administrators at Genesee Community College and Cornell University in Ithaca, NY signed an articulation agreement expanding the opportunity of effectively transferring associate's degree credits earned at Genesee toward a bachelor's degree from Cornell's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. With this agreement, courses and program requirements are defined so that students can make a smooth transition to their desired program at Cornell.

The articulation agreement enables full-time students to take advantage of unique opportunities and benefits such as knowing the recommended course selections that secure acceptance into a four-year program at Cornell. Upon successful completion of the outlined requirements in the agreement, students will be guaranteed admission to Cornell in any of their 19 majors.

Genesee Community College offers 11 programs that align well with Cornell's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Among those programs are Communications, Biotechnology, Computer Information Systems and Environmental Studies.

Through an articulation agreement, students typically save thousands of dollars on their first two years of tuition, which at Genesee costs $140 per credit for New York state residents. In addition, if they choose to live at home they can also save on room and board. This savings allows students to concentrate more on a transfer school that fits their education needs and career goals, rather than how much that school will cost them.

"While affordable tuition is clearly one important benefit of starting a bachelor's degree at Genesee, we find there are many other important advantages of articulation agreements," said Priscilla DiRisio, Genesee's Transfer Coordinator, who has served the College in this capacity for over 15 years.

"By concentrating on the bachelor's degree right from the beginning and carefully planning the steps to get there-students typically take the right series of courses and won't lose credit hours by taking unnecessary classes."

Genesee Community College has transfer agreements with over 45 different institutions. For further information, please contact Priscilla DiRisio at 585-343-0055 extension 6423 or go to: http://www.genesee.edu/depts/CTC/transfer/articulation.cfm.
if you're so worried about it, you don't even have to place it on a resume. And there's no way schools like Cornell enter these agreements without the academics being acceptable.

Cornell's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is a state-funded, landgrant school... it's basically like a highly selective stateschool within a private university. that CC program wouldn't work at Cornell's College of Engineering or Arts and Sciences, because those are privateschools.

and i highly doubt you would find a program like that among any other top private schools, because Cornell is the only top school i can think of that'slike that.

people keep defending CCs, but is it really that hard to get into a four-year university? really now? there are like 3000+ colleges.. many with 90%+ acceptancerates. and a lot of them are not even that expensive. i'm pretty sure every state will have an expensive flagship, but will also have smaller schools intheir system that are dirt cheap.. i KNOW there are colleges out there that you guys could have afforded.

i think most, if not all, of the people on here defending CCs could not get into an accredited four-year university, and now they're just trying to justifyit. don't mislead any kids who may be reading this thread into thinking that their life will somehow be easier/better/more fun by attending a CC instead ofworking hard and getting into a university.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

1633.JPG

if you're so worried about it, you don't even have to place it on a resume. And there's no way schools like Cornell enter these agreements without the academics being acceptable.
Cornell's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is a state-funded, landgrant school... it's basically like a highly selective state school within a private university. that CC program wouldn't work at Cornell's College of Engineering or Arts and Sciences, because those are private schools.

and i highly doubt you would find a program like that among any other top private schools, because Cornell is the only top school i can think of that's like that.

people keep defending CCs, but is it really that hard to get into a four-year university? really now? there are like 3000+ colleges.. many with 90%+ acceptance rates. and a lot of them are not even that expensive. i'm pretty sure every state will have an expensive flagship, but will also have smaller schools in their system that are dirt cheap.. i KNOW there are colleges out there that you guys could have afforded.

i think most, if not all, of the people on here defending CCs could not get into an accredited four-year university, and now they're just trying to justify it. don't mislead any kids who may be reading this thread into thinking that their life will somehow be easier/better/more fun by attending a CC instead of working hard and getting into a university.

What's your point? If my program is in Agriculture, Cornell has that program, why would i care about what the Engineering programs requirements are? Noones saying just blindly go to a CC expecting your credits to transfer, just as with any tertiary institution, do your research. And i always argue from apoint of sense, logic and experience, i didn't just pull this outta my +!%. I started at a university mr. generalizations, electrical engineering major, and i'm not saying that a CC is "more fun"(thats stupid) im not even advocating it over a 4 year(also stupid), but think that there are hundredsof these things across the country funded by the gov't and there are no benefits would be closed minded. Just saying there are options, the popular routeisn't always the best. You arrogant secluded NT dummies stay on your pedestal pointing the finger. +%%% gets tiring sometimes.

Downtown 43

(Quote) i think most, if not all, of the people on here defending CCs could not get into an accredited four-year university, and now they're just trying tojustify it. don't mislead any kids who may be reading this thread into thinking that their life will somehow be easier/better/more fun by attending a CCinstead of working hard and getting into a university. (Quote)

Every Student has a different story, you can't generalize one reasoning for every student on Earth.

Not trying to justify anything, I go to a CC, about to transfer to a State, and i'm not going to sugar coat it. CC is not easier/better/more fun thenattending a 4 year

college. If you come to a CC to do work, and do your research, you can transfer to universities, but once again RESEARCH is key.

For, a lot of people a CC is a joke, because they don't get their work done, so their situation is a joke, when in reality their work ethic is a joke.

A CC is meant for students who are either not ready for 4 year colleges, don't have the funds to support a 4 year college, or both, nothing more or less.

If you're looking for girls, or fun, you shouldn't be going to college anyways, that's not what its for.

A CC is what you make it, if you don't take it seriously, you're gonna be a joke, if you do work, your accomplishments will reflect on it end of story.

People act like there's only one way to reach your goal, that's just an excuse. if you really want it, you can get it...

Community College is good for taking classes to knock out GCR's and then transferring to a 4 year university. I did a year at Howard Community College inHoward County, MD and finished with around a 3.5 GPA. I applied to University of Maryland, DePaul, University of Illinois - Chicago, George Washington, and UMiami. I got into all and transferred to GWU. As someone who went through the experience, it was worth it for a year to build up my GPA but that was it. Iwouldn't recommend for more than a year because the experience wasn't exactly bad, but it can bring on major complacence. I knew people who said theywere on the same path as me and are still there, going on there fourth year there. Transferring was my motivation and I got out. Its funny when people say thatCC's are better then universities because of whatever but the only better aspect is that it may be cheaper. People should do their time and get out because2 + years of full time studies at a CC is not something to be proud of.

YNS...I wouldn't be suprised if I was "debating" with 13-14 years olds just choosing a side.
2year CC FTW!!!

Case Closed

I did a year at Howard Community College in Howard County, MD and finished with around a 3.5 GPA. I applied to University of Maryland, DePaul, University of Illinois - Chicago, George Washington, and U Miami.

My man. When were you at HCC? I just took a night class there, and I contemplated going there and transferring to DePaul afterwards but I decided I wanted toget out ASAP.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

I did a year at Howard Community College in Howard County, MD and finished with around a 3.5 GPA. I applied to University of Maryland, DePaul, University of Illinois - Chicago, George Washington, and U Miami.

My man. When were you at HCC? I just took a night class there, and I contemplated going there and transferring to DePaul afterwards but I decided I wanted to get out ASAP.
I was there 06-07 school year and still take the occasional summer class there. Transferring is a good move especially if you are interested inprivate universities because they want that number to factor into the different type of people they accept. If you could pull high enough grades, transferringto a major university is like going in through the back door without having to be compared with all the other incoming freshman.

Back
Top Bottom