any nter taking anti-depressants? vol cymbalta

u should just light one in the air, u wont be depress, if u know wht im talkin about ... thats wht i do..

serious question..

how do you know if you're depressed and need meds? like.. what is the line between depression and just moodiness/going thru a tough time?

i guess the way i was raised.. ive been skeptical about how helpful meds are .. but im genuinely interested in peoples experiences with them..

Originally Posted by J d0t c0medy

I'm surprised to see that this many of you guys are on presription meds no offense.

I've always said the right things to different doctors to get Xanax & Aderol but i've never really needed them. Nights filled with Xanax and other drugs & alcohol have always seemed to be the most fun but I never remember much the next morning. If it wasn't for Aderol I would have failed and my parents would have had to pay a lot more for the same classes in college.

Prescritption Meds FTW.
i read this than look @ the avy then
laugh.gif

When I was waking up and all I could think about was going back to sleep, I knew there was an issue. When I started thinking about killing myself, I knew itwas time to get my $#@ in therapy. While therapy helped, it made me very self reflective and at times I would just bug out..when my doctor suggested meds wefought for like 5 months, finally I knew I needed more help then I was getting. Started going to therapy more often and taking meds everyday..

I've had severe anxiety for years. It's bad.

Doc prescribed me Paxil 20 mg. Should I just do it? For the people who have taken it, is it legit? Are there any negatives? I think I'm letting my anxiety get in the way of taking medicine lol

I've had severe anxiety for years. It's bad.

Doc prescribed me Paxil 20 mg. Should I just do it? For the people who have taken it, is it legit? Are there any negatives? I think I'm letting my anxiety get in the way of taking medicine lol

That's an SSRI it's fine. Just stay away from the Benzodiazepine's (Xanax, Ativan, Klonopine etc). Those are the ones that can get you high and can be addictive.

20mg Paxil is not a high dose so don't worry. Millions of people are on it. Make sure you wait at least 2 weeks for it to kick in.

An antidepressant changed my life for the better as a kid. I grew out of it eventually.

I have Severe Anxiety, PTSD, Depression. I used to take Xans and later Vistaril. Both got kinda addicting so I just stopped taking them and just deal with it.

I took Paxil for 5 days but stopped since the side effects were too much. Tomorrow is day 3 and there is no withdrawal. Just wondering do I need to avoid doing
certain things while the Paxil gets out of my system? I read that it takes about 6 days for it to get out of someones system. Can I starting drinking coffee, alcohol, smoking cigs before that?

Not like Im gonna do those things but in case haha

Jimmy Two Times Jimmy Two Times

I took Paxil for 5 days but stopped since the side effects were too much. Tomorrow is day 3 and there is no withdrawal. Just wondering do I need to avoid doing
certain things while the Paxil gets out of my system? I read that it takes about 6 days for it to get out of someones system. Can I starting drinking coffee, alcohol, smoking cigs before that?

Not like Im gonna do those things but in case haha

Jimmy Two Times Jimmy Two Times

What side effects were you having ? Sometimes you have to ride them out and they pass. Paxil doesn't even start working for 2 - 4 weeks.

When i took them i drank, smoked and drank coffee. You don't need to stop just because you're on an SSRI.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with clinical depression. I was prescribed 50mg of Sertraline (Zoloft) per day along with regular sessions with a psychologist.
I felt like the medication definitely improved things. Overall I think the psychologist sessions were more important for my full recovery back to my normal self but the Zoloft definitely made me more active and lively. Only side effect I experienced was a bit of hyperactivity in the first week or 2 of taking it but it went away and never had any side effects since then. I took it for several months, discontinued it when I felt like I had improved to the point of being able to further improve through psychology sessions without the meds and had no further issues.
I made a great recovery from being in a very bad place and have become a much stronger man as a result.

Jimmy Two Times Jimmy Two Times it was extreme tiredness, some nausea, I was feeling irritable and actually more anxious.

Read online from people that the tiredness wont go away and people were feeling good but not too motivated. I wanna be hella productive. Going to talk with my doctor about this and see if its true and possibly switch up meds or start up on Paxil again

What about when coming off SSRIs tho? I can immediately drink coffee, alcohol...?

Jimmy Two Times Jimmy Two Times it was extreme tiredness, some nausea, I was feeling irritable and actually more anxious.

What about when coming off SSRIs tho? I can immediately drink coffee, alcohol...?

I would say yes since you only took it for 5 days which means it wouldn't get a chance to even fully be in your system.

But with that said i would call a pharmacy to make sure. Since i'm not a doctor, i just play one on tv.

Soo I might try meds again. I feel anxious about taking meds in the first place but whatever. Which one do you guys recommend for depression and severe anxiety?

I read Paxil makes you feel good but depletes motivation. Im looking for something that will help me be more productive. Im not really productive due to my anxiety

Also is it unrealistic for me to try and solve my anxiety while drinking coffee? Drinking it really helps with my depression but my anxiety gets worse. Can I manage that? I wanna try options without meds

Last edited:
Same, my anti-depressant is herbal.

Somebody hopped in the DeLorean to resurrect this joint.

Back
Top Bottom