Any Lexus ES 350 owners? or Lexus heads in general?

Originally Posted by djsani8

/thread

It was found to be no mechanical faults in any of those reported incidents...

....My Lexus SA told me that aftermarket and misplaced floor mats caused the throttle to get stuck, They even brought NASA in to prove this....

Originally Posted by djsani8

/thread

It was found to be no mechanical faults in any of those reported incidents...

....My Lexus SA told me that aftermarket and misplaced floor mats caused the throttle to get stuck, They even brought NASA in to prove this....

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

laugh.gif
@ y'all talking about performance and such..these are heavy %@@ luxury cars. 
laugh.gif
 x2

When I'm driving the wife's ES350, I'm not trying to race anyone nor do any crazy windy mountain driving.  I just want to get from point A to point B in a comfortable smooth ride, and in that sense it delivers.

Roora85 is spot on with his assessment, except the part about the ES outrunning the GS.  I believe the GS has higher HP and torque than the ES (according to Edumunds 303HP/275ft-lbs vs. 272HP/254ft-lbs).  In my limited experience with the 07+ GS, it definitely felt "sportier" in its ride and handling than the ES does.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

laugh.gif
@ y'all talking about performance and such..these are heavy %@@ luxury cars. 
laugh.gif
 x2

When I'm driving the wife's ES350, I'm not trying to race anyone nor do any crazy windy mountain driving.  I just want to get from point A to point B in a comfortable smooth ride, and in that sense it delivers.

Roora85 is spot on with his assessment, except the part about the ES outrunning the GS.  I believe the GS has higher HP and torque than the ES (according to Edumunds 303HP/275ft-lbs vs. 272HP/254ft-lbs).  In my limited experience with the 07+ GS, it definitely felt "sportier" in its ride and handling than the ES does.

He doesnt care about speed. all he can afford is gs300 not gs350.

bmw is better of course, but he wants reliability.

GO TO THE DEALERSHIP N DRIVE BOTH OF THEM. YOU HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOUR OWN SELF. YOU CANT MAKE YOUR CHOICE BASED ON NT'ERS OPINIONS.

WAKE UP TOMORROW N GO.

/THREAD

GO TO THE DEALERSHIP N DRIVE BOTH OF THEM. YOU HAVE TO EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOUR OWN SELF. YOU CANT MAKE YOUR CHOICE BASED ON NT'ERS OPINIONS.

WAKE UP TOMORROW N GO.

/THREAD

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

WAKE UP TOMORROW N GO.

/THREAD
I`m in the stacking stage, I've driven the 06 ES but not the newer gen, I dont really wanna go to the Dealer and get hassled just to test drive. I pretty much just want to have a set goal/ lineup of cars to look at before I start making moves.

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

WAKE UP TOMORROW N GO.

/THREAD
I`m in the stacking stage, I've driven the 06 ES but not the newer gen, I dont really wanna go to the Dealer and get hassled just to test drive. I pretty much just want to have a set goal/ lineup of cars to look at before I start making moves.

ES is a old person car. The GS is where its at. Join Clublexus and ask. They will give u the best info. just sign up and make a thread between GS and ES and why

ES is a old person car. The GS is where its at. Join Clublexus and ask. They will give u the best info. just sign up and make a thread between GS and ES and why

Originally Posted by bc60997

In my opinion Lexus are the best of the luxury brand from a reliability standpoint, BUT it doesn't compare to the BMW.  You have to pay to play I didn't buy it to be an affordable commuter, I bought it for the reward of walking out of my office everyday and getting into something I enjoy driving.
COME AT ME LEXUS OWNERS
You don't need to cop a BMW for that feeling.

In my opinion Lexus are the best of the luxury brand from a reliability standpoint, BUT it doesn't compare to the BMW.  You have to pay to play I didn't buy it to be an affordable commuter, I bought it for the reward of walking out of my office everyday and getting into something I enjoy driving.
COME AT ME LEXUS OWNERS
You don't need to cop a BMW for that feeling.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Are BMW gonna provide a quiet ride, or will they be more "power" types?

They are built more for power and performance but my 335i is extremely quiet inside the cabin.  Lexus is built more for luxury outside of the IS model.  It really depends on what you are going for.  BMW is going to PROBABLY require more for maintenance out of warranty, but for me it is in warranty.  If you are pushing your budget to get into a luxury car that is out of warranty I would suggest going back to the drawing board.  The worst decision you can make is to buy a car that you cant afford the upkeep on and luxury is not cheap to maintain.

They are built more for power and performance but my 335i is extremely quiet inside the cabin.  Lexus is built more for luxury outside of the IS model.  It really depends on what you are going for.  BMW is going to PROBABLY require more for maintenance out of warranty, but for me it is in warranty.  If you are pushing your budget to get into a luxury car that is out of warranty I would suggest going back to the drawing board.  The worst decision you can make is to buy a car that you cant afford the upkeep on and luxury is not cheap to maintain.

im pretty much sold on Lexus cause for my price rang the ES avg like 23-38k miles on the dash, I was just exploring options and seeing what BMW may offer.

im pretty much sold on Lexus cause for my price rang the ES avg like 23-38k miles on the dash, I was just exploring options and seeing what BMW may offer.

Back
Top Bottom