Any Golfers on NT?

Shot my best 9 today of 41 with a bird, 2 doubles and 2 bogeys, putting is starting to come together. my bro just got drafted by the pirates in the 40th rd been a big day today lol.

Originally Posted by DinanBMW

I've played most of the courses in the North and East Bay so pretty soon I'm going to start working my way down south. I have a rich friend of a friend who always ends up with passes to Pebble Beach, but I'm too scared/embarrassed to go and shoot 120 with a caddy. Anyway, It's gonna be Diablo Creek this Saturday.
I know that I am being totally unrealistic in thinking that I am familiar with the course because of EA Tiger Woods on Playstation, but I've played that course so many times in the game that it's disturbingly easy to recognize the holes in Golf magazine, or when you look at pictures of the course.  I know that the course is about 500 yards longer than anything I've ever played, and that it is probably extremely punishing when you hit into the rough, the sand, the length of the carry over the ocean on the 8th (just the fact that you're hitting over the damn ocean), EVERYTHING about it is probably incredibly difficult.  All of that said, I still feel that if I played conservatively, SMART, took my medicine when I was in a bad situation, I could break 100 there.  All of the holes are hypothetically reachable for us in regulation.  I don't even want to begin thinking about how fast the greens are.  But I still think I have a shot at breaking 100 there.
I just played a round at a course with pretty well maintained and quick greens, and I never had worse than a 2 putt, finished with 31 putts.  I know Pebble's greens are probably way faster than where I played, but I still am hopeful.  Who knows if I would ever play there though.  $495?

That's $495 with a cart, though. Actually, that's $495 just to play, and most of the time they require you to stay a minimum of two nights at their resort. So really it's between $495 and $1500+.

It dosesn't seem too far fetched for me to break 100 on most courses, but I think paying so much to play puts extra pressure on myself to do well and make it worth it. Usually when I try too hard to concentrate and do well is when I have my worst games.

I played harding park, spanish bay, pebble beach and spyglass hill on a golf trip last year. Let me tell you this...you think it doesnt help, but playing that course 100+ times on tiger woods helps you recognize the course and be familiar with the holes
laugh.gif
the $495 price tag is a lot but it is well worth it. you are close to $600 a person after you tip your caddy, lunch, breakfast, etc.

You realize the greats that have walked in the same footsteps as you and will remember it for the rest of your life. will i play pebble beach again, absolutely but it wont happen for a while
laugh.gif

P.S. Dont you dare take a cart on pebble, the caddy is the way to go!!!

5492_123282643627_564313627_3212720_7661395_n.jpg

5492_123282613627_564313627_3212714_3735137_n.jpg

5492_123282563627_564313627_3212706_7337334_n.jpg

5492_123282593627_564313627_3212710_4539281_n.jpg

^^in the garbage
laugh.gif
but put it within 5 feet
pimp.gif

Got 18 in today at Rancho Solano. It's been 10 months since I've last played there. It was my first ever 18 holes of golf.

I love that place, man. Damn. It reminds me that I usually play at crappy spots.

I have never played on grass that looked like that. Ever. You can freaking see the cross patterns like on a baseball outfield. If there are two places that I would absolutely love to play, this is one of them, the other is the Plantation Course at Kapalua. My brother played there 3 times for free on a vacation and said he stopped keeping score after the first couple holes because of how hard it was.

Speaking of Tiger Woods PGA Tour, I am absolutely pissed that I didn't know you could add/subtract modifiers from different equipment and stack them all on a single piece of equipment. My character has been maxed out for the longest time, but only had about 4 stats in the 11 range from equipment modifiers. I've been at a damn handicap the entire time not knowing this.

One of my friends played for free at Kapalua last year, but it started pouring after the 6th hole.

I played Rancho Solano for the first time a month or two ago and it's one of the better courses I've been to. I won't be ready for Pebble Beach for a couple of years, but I want to check out the spot up at Cache Creek.

I've gotten a good start on revamping my adolescent/teenage golf set. Nice Sun Mountain golf bag (for a standing bag, these are as good as they come, they're lightweight but not cheap looking), a Taylor Made R6 Driver I bought slightly used for $180 shipped, Odyssey 2-ball putter, and a 56 degree Cleveland sand wedge. I hadn't played a round of golf in 5 years (when I was 16 and shot a 77, then stopped playing for no solid reason) and it was awesome. Played 9 and shot a 48. Can't wait until I'm back to where I was and then even better.

Currently, I'm in the hunt to complete the revamp with a new set of irons. My eye is currently on the Callaway X-22's. Does anyone play/have played Callaway irons? If so, did you like them?

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

they dont really allow carts at pebble, do they?
laugh.gif

they allow carts but its cart path only so its kinda pointless, caddie is the way to go if you want to break 100

im not posting these picks to be a %$*%, but so you guys realize what you are playing on. Sure it is pricey as hell but the quality and prestige is second to none. my best shot was on the 7th hole. A par 3 that plays anywhere from 60-130 depending on the breeze from the ocean. a caddy is needed to tell you what to play it at. I put it about 4 feet from the pin
pimp.gif
made my day
smile.gif

I shot a 97 at pebble beach playing from the blues, but if you make it up to pebble beach and want and want to play another round up there i recommend spanish bay ahead of spyglass.

enjoy the pictures and hope to see some of yours

^^thats the picture of the 7th hole…don't know if you can see but thats the whole i put it within about 4 feet

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

they dont really allow carts at pebble, do they?
laugh.gif

they allow carts but its cart path only so its kinda pointless, caddie is the way to go if you want to break 100

im not posting these picks to be a %$*%, but so you guys realize what you are playing on. Sure it is pricey as hell but the quality and prestige is second to none. my best shot was on the 7th hole. A par 3 that plays anywhere from 60-130 depending on the breeze from the ocean. a caddy is needed to tell you what to play it at. I put it about 4 feet from the pin
pimp.gif
made my day
smile.gif

I shot a 97 at pebble beach playing from the blues, but if you make it up to pebble beach and want and want to play another round up there i recommend spanish bay ahead of spyglass.

enjoy the pictures and hope to see some of yours

^^thats the picture of the 7th hole…don't know if you can see but thats the whole i put it within about 4 feet

That's where I got my first hole in one in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 
happy.gif

any recommendations for a decent sub $150(and preferably sub $100) push cart?

played 18 yesterday and they ran out of push carts by our tee time... carrying my bag for 7000+ yards....doable...but something I'd rather not repeat.

i like carrying my bag
pimp.gif

those pebble beach photos are amazing, thanks for sharing

for me, can anyone tell me if there is a "textbook" way to hold your grip?

Originally Posted by Physicx

i like carrying my bag
pimp.gif

those pebble beach photos are amazing, thanks for sharing

for me, can anyone tell me if there is a "textbook" way to hold your grip?

whatever works for you....

"textbook" is probably the vardon grip
almost as popular is interlock
fairly common amongst people who've played baseball or are just gettin in, but still equally good, baseball grip or 10 finger grip

Can I make my wife be my caddy so I can tip her in other ways and she could take dope %+! pics?

There's a few courses in Maui my buddy did that at...

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Can I make my wife be my caddy so I can tip her in other ways and she could take dope %+! pics?

There's a few courses in Maui my buddy did that at...

you should call a course ahead in advance about that. some courses may allow significant others on for free, but some may make you pay a small fee for them to join you. the small fee isnt necessarily to try to scrape a few bucks out of you, but rather as an insurance policy (in the unfortunate event that they get hurt on the course, the course takes responsibility for them).

Anyone here play Bethpage Black since the Open??

I played there a couple years ago and am looking to go again in the next month or two.  The first time we went my buddy was in the system so he called a week ahead and got a tee time but this time I think me and couple friends are going to do the whole camp out over night thing.  I've been reading online about how the whole process works, just wondering if anyone has done it since. 

We are thinking about getting there around 2am, but we might try to get there earlier.

wow first time I look in the sports section i see theres a golf thread... anyway I know alot about about golf so if anyone has any questions I can provide some insight

holy mother @%#!%%% !%@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have never been so happy in my entire life playing a sport ... golf is the greatest game on earth ... i love steal shafts and balls and cups and rough and grass and sand ... FINALLY, after almost two years i have got my drive dead @%#!%%% straight and long as hell ...

i was a banana driver all my life ... at about 175-200 yards my ball would turn right ... i didnt even look at my driver for the past 6 months and hit my 3 wood off the tee ... but after watching the Golf Channel last night I finally fixed my drive ... it's such a simple fix i cant believe i didnt find it sooner ...

Fuzzy Zoeller was on the GC giving tips and one of his tips for slicing was looking down at your grip and identifying your left hand's knuckles (for rightys) ... he said most likely a slicer will not be able to see his knuckles at all at address, and sure enough i couldnt see !%@# ... he said rotate your hand so you can see two knuckles and swing away ... that was it ... i hit the ball so far and so straight today i couldnt believe it was me swinging ... i hit a 520 yard par 5 in 2 going driver 4 iron! the people i was playing with couldnt believe how far i could hit the ball being my size (5'11, 150) ... i am HYPED to play again soon so i can just crush the ball ... i broke 90 for the first time ever without any mulligans or drops ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

holy mother @%#!%%% !%@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have never been so happy in my entire life playing a sport ... golf is the greatest game on earth ... i love steal shafts and balls and cups and rough and grass and sand ... FINALLY, after almost two years i have got my drive dead @%#!%%% straight and long as hell ...

i was a banana driver all my life ... at about 175-200 yards my ball would turn right ... i didnt even look at my driver for the past 6 months and hit my 3 wood off the tee ... but after watching the Golf Channel last night I finally fixed my drive ... it's such a simple fix i cant believe i didnt find it sooner ...

Fuzzy Zoeller was on the GC giving tips and one of his tips for slicing was looking down at your grip and identifying your left hand's knuckles (for rightys) ... he said most likely a slicer will not be able to see his knuckles at all at address, and sure enough i couldnt see !%@# ... he said rotate your hand so you can see two knuckles and swing away ... that was it ... i hit the ball so far and so straight today i couldnt believe it was me swinging ... i hit a 520 yard par 5 in 2 going driver 4 iron! the people i was playing with couldnt believe how far i could hit the ball being my size (5'11, 150) ... i am HYPED to play again soon so i can just crush the ball ... i broke 90 for the first time ever without any mulligans or drops ...
This intrigues me.  Can you post an example of what "knuckles" you're talking about.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

This intrigues me.  Can you post an example of what "knuckles" you're talking about.
Son you got more problems than knuckles can fix.

Back
Top Bottom