Any Golfers on NT?

Love seeing this thread on the first page.

Here's my gamers:

Nice bag but I can't get down with AP2's. Titleist irons always feel to clicky to me.

Spent an hour before work the other day pounding balls on the range. Had my short irons 7-P down where I could play a draw or a slight cut, but was playing a draw or hook with my other irons. Was clearing my hips to early causing the pulls, after a little work I can now hit both a draw and fade on all my irons, hit the range everyday since just to be sure it wasn't a fluke. Haven't had a consistent fade since high school, feels :smokin

Hopefully I can get out and play 9 today, awesome weather here in the PNW, 87 today. Have a tee time tomorrow morning for 18.

man my club guy made me an offer i could not refuse on a stage 2 4 wood....

Thought of getting a 4 wood in my bag since my 3 wood is so long but I love my MP-650. Thinking though of adding a 5 wood back in my bag since I haven't found a hybrid that is working for me.

The hell is a 4 wood :wow:

3 woods are typically lofted 13-15*
5 woods are typically lofted 18-20*

4 woods are lofted 16-18*

the point of a 4 wood is for a couple reasons....
1. yardage gaps
2. carry more scoring clubs (shorter clubs / wedges)
3. has difficulty with the 3 woods (getting the ball up)....

my main reason for carrying a 4 wood is because i dont like the launch i get with the 3 woods i've tested. i also do prefer carrying more wedges (pw / gw / sw / lw). and i prefer carrying a 3 and 4 hybrid. the thing with the 4 wood for me is i can hit it basically as far as i want... i can hit it anywhere from 230-260 so it adds a lot of versatility for me....

My dad might be giving me his Cobra S2 offset :pimp:

Gonna hit it this week and if I like it he said I can keep it. I know it's nothing fancy by today's standards but free driver is always sick

Played 18 in the tourney yesterday... Very underwhelming results... It wasn't a scramble but lowest score of your group taken... My score was used maybe 6-7 times including holes where i tied for lowest score...

The real fun came however when we were challenged to a 9 hole scramble for $$... not big money but money nonetheless. I played much better and my ball was used quite often including an approach and a putt on the 18th that was about 15 feet and with probably a foot and a half of break to tie the match at 3 under and force a playoff hole.
pimp.gif
The other team was already finished and talking **** before the putts... I was 3rd to go in my group and I sunk it. We birdied the playoff hole and won.

Poked one out 355 yds from an elevated tee right dead center in the middle of the fairway too. They didn't eem have a long drive and closest to the pin hole tho.
mean.gif

One thing I do know is I need to get my PW fixed ASAP... Gotta find out whose local that can get me the same shaft and install it for a decent price...

Yea, I went to my ball and shot the tee box with my new laser.
laugh.gif
Like i said tho the tee is elevated... Probably sits up 20-25 feet above the fairway.

Love seeing this thread on the first page.

Here's my gamers:

:smokin

Took Friday off work, went out to Franklin Canyon (Hercules, CA).

Shot a legit 86. 2 birdies, 6 pars on the day, no triple bogeys 8)

Happy with my game at the moment, it's all about the putting.

Putting is my favorite part about golf man I swear.

Reading a green and getting it close on a lag putt is truly an art IMO. :pimp:

Nice bag but I can't get down with AP2's. Titleist irons always feel to clicky to me.

Yea I had the same thoughts at first, but the numbers on the AP2's were the determining factor for me. I switched to the AP2's after playing Mizuno MX-25's and MP32's so the feel was drastically different.

I've always had weird results on trackman compared to others that i play with..For instance i hit the made for titleist Diamana shafts better than the real aftermarket Diamana shafts...also I think im one of the few people who think the Adila Rip Alpha feels wonderful. :tongue:

Tried hitting Ping drivers... No me gusta.  Dunno what it was but the G20 and I20 just werent doing it for me.

Loved the G20 irons though.

I really like the i20 when I hit it but still haven't found anything worth knocking the 983k out of the bag. Irons right now are Bridgestone, if I buy another set it would probably be Mizunos. 3 wood and wedges are all Mizuno. Putter is Never Compromise.

I'm in the market for a 3 wood really bad. Anybody have any recommendations? I know it's kind of a question that depends on a lot of factors but I always love opinions.

I don't want to walk in the store and demo 10 different clubs id like to narrow it down a little bit. I have a slow swing speed (not sure what exactly) so I THINK I need a stiff flex...?

How far do you normally hit your driver? Best thing is to have a store get your swing speed. If it isn't that fast you would be doing yourself a disservice by going with a shaft to stiff for you, and all shafts flex differently.

Good drives usually 230-250 :\

I'm usually having slower swings because I'm trying to master my form and focus on doing the right things. When I speed it up I lose control. I've been meaning to do some golf specific exercises to be able to improve on that as well.

hey NT golfers. anyone feeling brave enough to post them swinging/hitting? curious to see everyones swing. i'll try and post mine if i can get a cam out to the range.

Back
Top Bottom