Any Golfers on NT?

i just bought a graphite design ad dj.... hahahahaha i have way too much time and way too much money....

You should buy some Mizuno MP-68s, decide you don't like them and donate them to my bag 
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

You should buy some Mizuno MP-68s, decide you don't like them and donate them to my bag 
happy.gif
pimp.gif

mp68s are money. ive yet to hit a set of mizunos that i did NOT like. only problem is, all the mps require me to actually range. i've started to lose spare time and wahtever time i do have, i dont want to spend on the range (unless it involves driver testing hah). add the fact that the sun goes down at around 7:30 - 8:15 during spring / summer time and literal year round golf in so cal... you rarely will find me on the range. therefore, i've decided to live with super game improvement irons.... makes life fun (and cheap since i have cheap @!$ irons that fit me perfectly hahahaha)

Played the 983k today and shot an 87....43 on the front, 44 on the back.  2 birdies and 4 or 5 doubles.  Not sure if it will replace the VR Tour or the 905R, but I have been driving pretty well with all 3.  

Yuku not letting me embed right now... Got on the range today and this is what I was working on... I feel like swinging like this is taking off some speed... Not to mention the shaft is an inch shorter than the HD6, shoulder to elbow is much more vertical but its really not that comfortable to me yet.

Originally Posted by k0betw0

happy.gif
pimp.gif

mp68s are money. ive yet to hit a set of mizunos that i did NOT like. only problem is, all the mps require me to actually range. i've started to lose spare time and wahtever time i do have, i dont want to spend on the range (unless it involves driver testing hah). add the fact that the sun goes down at around 7:30 - 8:15 during spring / summer time and literal year round golf in so cal... you rarely will find me on the range. therefore, i've decided to live with super game improvement irons.... makes life fun (and cheap since i have cheap @!$ irons that fit me perfectly hahahaha)
Yeah I know what you mean but I find alot of range time here in the NW especially in the rainy months.  I haven't been out that much this winter though and demoed some 63's and 68's the other day and was hitting them so pure, almost makes me think I could game a set of the 68s but I know that would be a bad move if I don't stay on top of my game.  Will probably pick up a set of MP 63's in the next couple months.  Pulled the trigger on a VR Tour with PX 6.0 in 9.5*, will see how it goes, think I am going to trim the shaft down to about 44.5"

What kind of scores are you posting?

I wasn't really keeping track of average driver distance today, but I was never more than 8 iron out on the par 4s, and hit 7 iron into a 500 yard par 5 (186 out, above the green - on in 2, 2 putted for birdie). If I had to guess, I was at least averaging 270 on most tee shots based on 2nd shot yardages. I meant to record some of my drives, but I was playing pretty fast on the front and then joined up with another group at the turn. I do have some old swing videos on my camera that I guess I could upload, but I'm pretty sure they are from last summer, and my swing has likely evolved since then.

As for stats from todays round:
78.6% fairways, all misses were right, one was purely in the woods
44.4% GIR

2 1 putts, 8 2 putts, and 7 3 putts....had one putt from the fringe that dropped for birdie. All those 3 putts really killed me, one of them was even a 4 putt. The round before that one I had 1 3 putt, the rest 2s and 1s....

happy.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah I know what you mean but I find alot of range time here in the NW especially in the rainy months.  I haven't been out that much this winter though and demoed some 63's and 68's the other day and was hitting them so pure, almost makes me think I could game a set of the 68s but I know that would be a bad move if I don't stay on top of my game.  Will probably pick up a set of MP 63's in the next couple months.  Pulled the trigger on a VR Tour with PX 6.0 in 9.5*, will see how it goes, think I am going to trim the shaft down to about 44.5"
pimp.gif
  Just choose between the VR and your 983K, you can't go wrong either way.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Yuku not letting me embed right now... Got on the range today and this is what I was working on... I feel like swinging like this is taking off some speed... Not to mention the shaft is an inch shorter than the HD6, shoulder to elbow is much more vertical but its really not that comfortable to me yet.
looks a little better. the biggest thing is getting the grip right. that will allow you to create a nice wide swing arc that will generate more speed.

is that hank haney tiger? i think sean foley tiger is significantly more athletic in his stance...

oh and on a side note.... my vrs driver is shafted up and ready to go... hopefully i'll get some practice time with it so i could green light it to torrey pines....

i believe it is. however you won't notice much difference in their setups. the swings are different.

say what you want about haney, but tiger was one of the top 3 iron players on tour all the years he was with hank. that made up for the fact that his driver was a mess.

notice that tiger is playing better and we rarely hear about foley right now?

Originally Posted by eaalto

pimp.gif
  Just choose between the VR and your 983K, you can't go wrong either way.

Yeah man last year I was fine gaming the 983k, was getting it out there 270-280 fairly consistently.  Hoping to gain a bit of yardage with the VR, probably put a different shaft in it eventually but will see how I like the Project X.  Right now my bag is good except for irons.  Have the 983k and VR Tour for driver, TM SF2.0 TP 3 wood plus a Ping G15 I picked up cheap, and Mizuno MP10 wedges. 

What irons are you playing?  I've been on the fence about this one for a while... I currently have 2 sets, both getting old - Titleist 704.CB and Mizuno MX-15.  I would be curious to try out the JPX-800, but would have to do some bag tweaking as they are lofted 1 club stronger than my current sets....

Played pretty awful off the tee and course conditions were pretty horrible last week since it was so wet still ... I was 104 through 18 of 27.

Typically though when the course is in good shape I shoot around 95-97... Best round ever was 92.
frown.gif

What irons are you playing?  I've been on the fence about this one for a while... I currently have 2 sets, both getting old - Titleist 704.CB and Mizuno MX-15.  I would be curious to try out the JPX-800, but would have to do some bag tweaking as they are lofted 1 club stronger than my current sets....
I love my JPX-800HD

hey fraij after looking at your swing: trying lowering your butt just a little and keeping your head still at impact. fixing one will help the other. your body is coming out of your swing too easily bc how upright your legs are.

rbbn - Thats what I've been reading about "early extension"... I think I also gotta work on my shoulder line at address... My shoulders and feet are not on the same plane.

Gonna try to play 9 tonight... Leaving work a little early around 4.

Anyone know of an app for android that can make video slow motion?

Played pretty awful off the tee and course conditions were pretty horrible last week since it was so wet still ... I was 104 through 18 of 27.

Typically though when the course is in good shape I shoot around 95-97... Best round ever was 92.
frown.gif
How often do you play?  I had a string of bad rounds this past month where I really struggled to break 100, but then I started making good contact and it carried over from round to round, which brought me under 100, and my past few rounds have been 92, 89,87.  I try to play at least 3 times a week, but I almost never spend time on the range (not fun for me).
Have any of you hit the KBS Tour shafts, and can you compare them against DG S300s?

@fraji.... i play the el cheapo nike vr pro full cavity (the casted ones) hahahahaha.... i'm all about the super game improvement right now

and to put it into perspective. i played 2 weeks ago at oak valley out in beaumont, ca. tour level course. dave stockton used to (and maybe still?) work out there. no practice. and shot an 88.

two weeks later i played torrey pines south on friday. no practice. shot a 95. played again yesterday at torrey pines north. shot a 91.

i love great looking, well quality made irons. but the fact of the matter is, if irons fit you (which i had my full cavs done of course), super game improvement makes my life waaaaaay less stressful.

oh btw, i always play from the blue tees...

frown.gif
How often do you play?  I had a string of bad rounds this past month where I really struggled to break 100, but then I started making good contact and it carried over from round to round, which brought me under 100, and my past few rounds have been 92, 89,87.  I try to play at least 3 times a week, but I almost never spend time on the range (not fun for me).
Have any of you hit the KBS Tour shafts, and can you compare them against DG S300s?
Get on the range after work a couple times a week and try to play at least once a week.

Currently playing some Wilson game improvement irons.  They are easy to hit but I don't like the feel and I want to work the ball more.  I played blades in high school.  If you are thinking of getting the JPX-800 I would say check out the Pro's and the MP-53.  MP-53 is surprisingly easy to hit and allows you to work the ball a bit more than you would with the JPX's.  Also if you are looking online to buy Mizuno's the ebay seller golf my girl is supposudley legit and has good prices, also Dansdiscountgolf out of Oregon here are a good deal plus no tax.  Think last year I was quoted a set of MP-63's for about $750 and they will order them with whatever shaft and have the lenght loft and lie adjusted.  Just hit up a course in your area with a Mizuno cart and get fitted.

KobeTwo I remember you had the TM Forged Cavity backs but you got rid of them?  I haven't hit those myself since I have never been a big TM irons fan but they look nice.

Also right now trying to help my buddy plan his bachelor party and he is thinking of going to Bandon Dunes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  Not sure if everyone will have the $$ though plus not all of our friends are into golf.  Backup plan is hitting Seattle for a baseball game and possibly playing Chambers Bay which is where the 2016(I think) US Open will be played.

KobeTwo I remember you had the TM Forged Cavity backs but you got rid of them?  I haven't hit those myself since I have never been a big TM irons fan but they look nice.
Yeah, I had the TM MC irons.... GREAAAAAAT irons. But again, I don't want to practice so I dumped them.

Played Eagle Vines yesterday and was -1 thru the first 4 holes but I couldn't hit my irons to save my life. I only shot well when my drives left me with under 130 yards out. I had 29 putts (went back to my old studio select Scotty) and still ended up with a 94. I haven't been playing regularly, and I've been going to the gym a lot, and I think my swing has changed quite a bit. I used to hit my irons off the toe so I lined the ball closer to the heel, but yesterday was shanking and pulling my shots like crazy. My putter and my 56* are the only reasons I broke 100.

Back
Top Bottom