Any Golfers on NT?

Picked up a new 3 wood and putter as well as some shoes...can't wait to try em out tomorrow 
smile.gif

ROCKETBALLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! the fairway is RIDICULOUS. i've seen so many crazy jumps in numbers it's AMAZING

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif
Love that passage.^

I'm no club +%%!* and wouldn't want to spend all my money being one... But once in a while I do like a new toy for the course. This year focusing on a new big stick, albeit a previous year model.

i've been a crazy club ho.... i spent over 5 figures in the last 5-7 years or so.... i mean i bought 13 drivers alone last year so you know what that means.... truth be told, i'm a lil skeptical about 2012's big sticks.... they seemed to take a page from nike basketball... ALL SHOW, NO GO...

k0betw0 wrote:i've been a crazy club ho.... i spent over 5 figures in the last 5-7 years or so.... i mean i bought 13 drivers alone last year so you know what that means.... truth be told, i'm a lil skeptical about 2012's big sticks.... they seemed to take a page from nike basketball... ALL SHOW, NO GO...

Have you come close to finding "the one" that sticks with you no matter what?  What does it take for a driver to get kicked out of your bag?  Are you interested in hitting a certain fairway %, distance?  

Just had an ebay fail...

Brand new RBZ Tour TP with Fubuki Alpha 60 was at $195 and someone bid the second I did and bumped it to $295... Still a good price
30t6p3b.gif
Whyyyyy?!?!? Thought I had a steal smh.

Played today and was hitting the Rocketballz 3 wood really well.  They were sold out of the TP, but I'm on the waiting list. Also, LOVE my SC Del Mar!

Originally Posted by eaalto

k0betw0 wrote:i've been a crazy club ho.... i spent over 5 figures in the last 5-7 years or so.... i mean i bought 13 drivers alone last year so you know what that means.... truth be told, i'm a lil skeptical about 2012's big sticks.... they seemed to take a page from nike basketball... ALL SHOW, NO GO...

Have you come close to finding "the one" that sticks with you no matter what?  What does it take for a driver to get kicked out of your bag?  Are you interested in hitting a certain fairway %, distance?  

truth be told. the vr tour is probably "the one" when it comes to drivers. i had the vr tour in 2010 (1 gamer, 1 backup) and i played some of the best golf in my life. i went out and shot 95 at pga west stadium with it from the tips. had i not decided to do a major swing change in 2011, i probably wouldn't have changed my driver (i needed more loft). the fun thing about the r11 (and any subsequent tm drivers) is that if you have various shafts and the weight kit, you get to tinker all you want which is exactly waht i did. but at the end of the day, i never stood over a driver feeling completely confident with any tm driver. i had clubs made to very specific lofts, lengths, weight configurations and they just didnt feel right. then i took out a vr tour in the updated loft as a loaner club while i was waiting for my next edition driver at the end of 2011 and it just felt great in my hands. the balance, and everything was just right. so i returned the loaner vr and bought 2 more with the shaft that i fell in love with in 2011 and i haven't really looked back. the new stuff is only appealing because i love the tinkering i could do with taylormade and i'm fairly convinced nike makes a great driver in even years only. i really wanna mess with the vrs with the new str8 fit but the head weighs 200g and i found the sleeve weighs 8gs. thats 4 grams too many which causes problems for me... so who knows.

Just had an ebay fail...

Brand new RBZ Tour TP with Fubuki Alpha 60 was at $195 and someone bid the second I did and bumped it to $295... Still a good price
30t6p3b.gif

fyi, the rocketballz commercial with all the pros saying they love it was based on the non-tour rocketballz head... in fact a lot of the pros prefer the non-tour vs the tour

Originally Posted by k0betw0

Just had an ebay fail...

30t6p3b.gif

fyi, the rocketballz commercial with all the pros saying they love it was based on the non-tour rocketballz head... in fact a lot of the pros prefer the non-tour vs the tour
Speaking of which... I just copped the RBZ TP.
pimp.gif

Bought it in a suspect looking ebay auction but after investigating it looks like the seller is a PGA Pro in VA Beach.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2...trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

He didn't list details but I'm assuming its Matrix HD 6 stiff shaft in the club.  $258 shipped
pimp.gif

BTW Kobe where do you do your reading on equipment?

i do my reading on golfwrx's forums but that place i read more for humor as most of it is ridiculous fiction. however, i do most of my actual observations on my own with my clubfitter. i prefer my info from personal experience and a reliable source (my clubfitter)

So the VR Tour has a regular hosel, and the VR Pro is adjustable? I went and checked out Golfsmith the other day but everything was $200+, and I know I've seen the stuff for much cheaper online.

I want to trade in my Superdeep towards the VR Tour...

I hit the RBZ 3 wood today... Oh my gawdddddd.
sick.gif
sick.gif

The Launch Monitor im sure is relatively generous in yardage but my last swing had roll out to 314 yds.
sick.gif

Averages from my print out

RBZ 3 wood Stiff X-Con 5 stock shaft

SS ------- Ball Speed -------- Launch Angle -------- Ball Spin -------- Carry ------ Total Yds ------ PTR
107.4 ------ 152.4 ---------------- 13.72 ----------------- 2,428 ---------- 269.5 -------- 297.4 -------- 141.4

I honestly dont even believe these yardage numbers... But that's whats on the print out... SS thought shouldn't be off and 107 with the 3 wood is a lot faster than I can get my current 3 wood going for sure.

So the VR Tour has a regular hosel, and the VR Pro is adjustable? I went and checked out Golfsmith the other day but everything was $200+, and I know I've seen the stuff for much cheaper online.

I want to trade in my Superdeep towards the VR Tour...

vr tour is a regular glued hosel. it should be $150 at golfsmith

I just bought a clicgear 3.0 cart. Anyone have any opinions on it if they got one or heard anything about it?

sick.gif
sick.gif

The Launch Monitor im sure is relatively generous in yardage but my last swing had roll out to 314 yds.
sick.gif

SS ------- Ball Speed -------- Launch Angle -------- Ball Spin -------- Carry ------ Total Yds ------ PTR
107.4 ------ 152.4 ---------------- 13.72 ----------------- 2,428 ---------- 269.5 -------- 297.4 -------- 141.4

I honestly dont even believe these yardage numbers... But that's whats on the print out... SS thought shouldn't be off and 107 with the 3 wood is a lot faster than I can get my current 3 wood going for sure.
Damn man, those are crazy numbers for a 3 wood!  They claim a 15 yard gain, what do you normally hit your 3 wood??

And since we're on driver talk, anyone have any opinions on the Ping i20?  Saw it at Golf Galaxy the other day and fell in love with the all black matte finish.  I'm hitting the G10 now so I'm overdue for an upgrade.  And the G20 just didn't sit right with my eyes.  I've gone from hitting a big draw to low fade, and the G20 just seemed too open for my setup.  But that i20, looked damn good!

As far as the Nike VR Tour goes, I've been checking those out as well.  You can easily find them on ebay for around $130-150 shipped, still new.

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif

Damn man, those are crazy numbers for a 3 wood!  They claim a 15 yard gain, what do you normally hit your 3 wood??

And since we're on driver talk, anyone have any opinions on the Ping i20?  Saw it at Golf Galaxy the other day and fell in love with the all black matte finish.  I'm hitting the G10 now so I'm overdue for an upgrade.  And the G20 just didn't sit right with my eyes.  I've gone from hitting a big draw to low fade, and the G20 just seemed too open for my setup.  But that i20, looked damn good!

As far as the Nike VR Tour goes, I've been checking those out as well.  You can easily find them on ebay for around $130-150 shipped, still new.
i20 is a great driver as well. however, it is more open and neutral weighted than the g20.

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif

Well MY 3 wood is an old $*% Callaway Big Bertha Steel head with a steel shaft.
laugh.gif
But I've put some heavy swings on that thing and took it past 250 and once with the wind on my back I sent one about 275 last year... But the feel of the RBZ 3 wood was absurd.  That club is nuts.  Gonna be hard for me to resist buying one.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

I just bought a clicgear 3.0 cart. Anyone have any opinions on it if they got one or heard anything about it?

Good piece of equipment.  I think I bought mine last summer, and I'm sure it's paid for itself two fold in what I would have spent on cart fees at my course.  The only issues I've had is the front brake cable popping out once or twice (easy fix), and the alignment getting messed up, but the alignment was my own fault.  (I was towing it behind a golf cart by hanging my arm out the side, it hit a dip and flipped over, getting dragged in the process.  Ever since then it goes left when I let it roll down hill). 
Not sure that it's conducive to the golf game, but when I'm out there by myself, I will sometimes just launch it down the fairway and run after it, effectively playing speed golf (have played less than 3 hour rounds on foot this way, sometimes closer to 2 hours).

It is heavier than some other products, but it rolls really well, and i think it has a very sturdy frame.  Once you've set it up and taken it down a few times, you'll get over the "difficulty" some reviewers claim.

I've had some huge swings with my 3 woods, actually used to be my go to club off the tee until I gave in to the "you should hit a driver" talk from random people I have played with.

I used to hit an Adam's Tight Lies....very shallow faced club, high launching, but not a lot of distance (225?)...after doing a lot of research I settled on two clubs...

My 3 woods:
Sonartec SS-07 14 with UST iRod X Flex - hits with a really boring, penetrating flight, never balloons. I think I averaged around 255 yards off the tee with this club, but I haven't hit it in the last year.

Titleist 904F 13 with YS-7+ X flex - a lot more carry with this vs. the Sonartec, average around 270 off the tee on good swings.

I'm not a big fan of giant 3 wood clubheads, and I've actually stopped carrying them altogether in favor of a 19 degree hybrid.

Went to the Nike Demo Day at Golfsmith.....

Love love love the VR_S Driver

Sleeper of the year

tried the Stock, Diamana and Prolauch shaft options

the Diamana was
pimp.gif
but the stock Fubuki was very serviceable for me

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Good piece of equipment.  I think I bought mine last summer, and I'm sure it's paid for itself two fold in what I would have spent on cart fees at my course.  The only issues I've had is the front brake cable popping out once or twice (easy fix), and the alignment getting messed up, but the alignment was my own fault.  (I was towing it behind a golf cart by hanging my arm out the side, it hit a dip and flipped over, getting dragged in the process.  Ever since then it goes left when I let it roll down hill). 
Not sure that it's conducive to the golf game, but when I'm out there by myself, I will sometimes just launch it down the fairway and run after it, effectively playing speed golf (have played less than 3 hour rounds on foot this way, sometimes closer to 2 hours).

It is heavier than some other products, but it rolls really well, and i think it has a very sturdy frame.  Once you've set it up and taken it down a few times, you'll get over the "difficulty" some reviewers claim.
Wow, sounds awesome!!  I read a bunch of fascinating reviews myself, and my friend who bought one with me read the same thing.  We sort of bit the bullet and wanted to get it because we both play better when we walk the course vs using a cart.  I can't explain it either.  Plus of course you save $ on every round.

Heads up for anyone in need of golf balls...

Golfdiscount.com has a bunch of premium balls on sale + 18% off with coupon code GOLFSPY

Pro-v1 practice balls
http://www.golfdiscount.c...st-pro-v1-practice-balls

Penta TP practice balls
http://www.golfdiscount.c...-penta-tp-practice-balls

From what I've read, these are NEW balls with small cosmetic (ink/stamping) imperfections that don't make the cut for the $45 boxes.

Just ordered 3doz Pro-v1's for $73 shipped!  They do have PRACTICE stamped on the ball on the opposite side but play exactly the same as retail Penta TP's and Pro-v1's

Bumppp my Pro-v1's and my RBZ are on my stairs for when I get home today.
pimp.gif
Cant wait to hit it... Might have to go to the local indoor spot tonight.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom