Any cops on NT? Questions...

I'm interested in applying to my local police department and am curious to know about the hiring/application process. On the application is it best to be straight up when they ask you about past drug use and how hard on they about tickets you've had in the past (traffic violations)? Any info or guidance would be helpful
I'm currently a security officer going on 2 years in Feb if that matters any as far as experience in that field goes. 

Spoiler [+]
5aqa9u.jpg

Spoiler [+]
1zyaquo.jpg

Spoiler [+]
9a0api.jpg

I'm not a police officer, but a friend of mine applied to be a Maryland State Trooper and he was told to reapply because he couldn't have used drugs within 3 years of applying.

Nah man, im currently in the process as we speak for D.C and my dudes is actually in the department now. You def. have to be straight up and honest about everything you put down, believe me they will find out eventually and some departments administer polygraphs now.

I'm currently in the backgrounds progress with the Sheriff's and I've been wanting to ask, if anyone has ever taken a polygraph before. What will I be in store for? I have the polygraph in 2 weeks. Do I just remember what I wrote down in the application or what?

Originally Posted by 365k

I'm currently in the backgrounds progress with the Sheriff's and I've been wanting to ask, if anyone has ever taken a polygraph before. What will I be in store for? I have the polygraph in 2 weeks. Do I just remember what I wrote down in the application or what?
Well I've heard that they ask about past drug use and previous crimes you've committed if any

As an undergrad I had the opportunity to do an internship for a federal law enforcement agency, and their hiring process is very intense. Several month back ground check, going to your neighbors asking about you, etc. Not to mention the actual written test was off the damn chain lol. Oh yea, don't lie.

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Nah man, im currently in the process as we speak for D.C and my dudes is actually in the department now. You def. have to be straight up and honest about everything you put down, believe me they will find out eventually and some departments administer polygraphs now.
I'm in the process also.  Don't lie.  The dept I'm applying for never gave polygraphs before and it wasn't on any of our paperwork as a qualification.  Then I got a call saying be here tomorrow for your polygraph. 
eek.gif
Also, stay consistent.  If it is anything like where I am you will be asked the same questions many times so if you lie you will most likely get caught up at some point.  They don't expect you to be perfect, but they do expect you to be honest.  Good Luck.

Originally Posted by Lou Baton

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

I'm in the process also.  Don't lie.  The dept I'm applying for never gave polygraphs before and it wasn't on any of our paperwork as a qualification.  Then I got a call saying be here tomorrow for your polygraph. 
eek.gif
Also, stay consistent.  If it is anything like where I am you will be asked the same questions many times so if you lie you will most likely get caught up at some point.  They don't expect you to be perfect, but they do expect you to be honest.  Good Luck.

Very sound info guys, all the input is greatly appreciated.

yeah.. just be honest... the polygraph lame well atleast for the LAPD process.. they ask you like 7 questions about 3 times in different order...
all commen sense questions (ex. have you ever stolen more then 300$ from your workplace, have you ever done any other drugs besides what you noted on your background, have you ever been physical with you significant order)... just stick with the answer you give the first time..!

Back
Top Bottom