Any coaches on here?

do any of ya do any coaching? whether it be hs sports, or even youth rec leagues? my friend asked me to be a volunteer assistant coach for boys basketballmiddle school team. im very competitive, but not sure how i would deal with kids that age and how hard you can actually push them.
laugh.gif

I got "offered" a coaching position by my former coach (basketball) but I don't know if he was really serious or not
laugh.gif

I'll be coaching 13 year olds this upcoming season.

Looking forward to it, I'm 18 BTW.

Any tips?

im about to start my own soccer team of u-16...we are gonna be @*#%!+!* on Solar fc and Dallas texans..
already have a bunch of good players that told me they would quit their team to join mine.

Originally Posted by Upper PDX

coached 7th grade bball last year. Had the time of my life
call me crazy but why did i think of the song when i read this...

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

im about to start my own soccer team of u-16...we are gonna be @*#%!+!* on Solar fc and Dallas texans..
already have a bunch of good players that told me they would quit their team to join mine.

Okay JOE!!! Why would they quit their teams to join yours.?

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Okay JOE!!!
Why would they quit their teams to join yours.?

because its a shorter distance for practice and i will help pay more than half of the expenses.

In my fifth year coaching high school basketball. To be really good it's a huge time committment but at the junior high level the workload is much lighter.It's extremely rewarding and I strongly encourage you to do it if you love the game!

This will be my 4th year coaching JV basketball. HUGE time commitment like already mentioned. If you think coaching only consists of actually teaching thegame, think again. When you become a coach you become a mentor, counsler, academic advisor, teacher, and father figure rolled into one. Actually coaching thesport comes after all of those things. It is hard work, but also extremely gratifying when you see someone benefit from your guidance. Good luck.

Originally Posted by EBAY 23

Okay JOE!!!
Why would they quit their teams to join yours.?

because its a shorter distance for practice and i will help pay more than half of the expenses.
laugh.gif

You do realize alot of clubs already pay for kids stuff right???
I got plenty of friends who get all their #%*% paid for!
But idk what your players situations are!
Good luck though..

Back
Top Bottom