Another relationship thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iblink

Banned
I know most people say it's never a good idea, but hear me out.

What if you're dating a girl who does almost every thing right. She's down for you, is more than just a sex partner, and is an all around good girl to be with. She's all that you could possible want... someday. In my case, I had that girl but I wasn't ready for he same things as her. She wanted something serious, but I wanted to enjoy being young, playing the field, living the college life, etc, ect. She caught me cheating once or twice, stuck by me, and still I wanted to mess around. So I ended it on the premise that I clearly wasn't ready. So fast forward to the present day, I've been having the feeling that I've gotten it all out my system and I want something stable. Do I even bother trying to make things work with my ex, or is the relationship so damaged that not much can be salvaged.

We ended on rocky terms because of my being with other girls. Part of me feels like I put her through way to much to even expect a chance. Not sure what to do at this point. I told her how I felt the other day and she said something to the effect of not being sure if she could trust me which is completely understandable. Just not sure where to go from here.

It sounds like you may still have a chance with her. 1st of all, you need to decide what YOU want, then you go after her. What do you got to lose? It's like the lotto, you can't win unless you play, who knows you may be passing up on a once in a lifetime thing.

Yeah, I know it's up to her. I don't want to force anything. She's put up with a lot of my bs over the past 2 and a half years. Finally came to a head when I decided I'd rather be without her than to keep lying and doing stuff behind her back. Then came the whole reality that this college thing is temporary, as are most of the people you meet during that time. She's the only one I'd rather not leave here without.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

the ball is in her court.. its going to be her decision.. if she want you or not..
Pretty much. You put it out there already so its up to her

Do what YOU feel but as mentioned... it's COMPLETELY up to her.

*looks at NTers*

When you have a good one... HOLD ONTO THAT!

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

When you have a good one... HOLD ONTO THAT!

I've been kicking myself for weeks my dude. I was so caught up in being young and enjoying my time in college that I may have let a good thing go. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd rather have gotten all that out my system rather than living a lie and potentially hurting her later on in life. Just a sticky situation.

son. scientists from ivy league schools and prestigious institutions have proven the futility of reconciling with an ex. look it up on gizmodo or popular science

eek.gif
I'm in the same situation except I haven't gotten caught. It's worth a try imo though, if it doesn't work out then at least you know and won't regret not trying later on in life.

Originally Posted by iBlink

I know most people say it's never a good idea, but hear me out.

What if you're dating a girl who does almost every thing right. She's down for you, is more than just a sex partner, and is an all around good girl to be with. She's all that you could possible want... someday. In my case, I had that girl but I wasn't ready for he same things as her. She wanted something serious, but I wanted to enjoy being young, playing the field, living the college life, etc, ect. She caught me cheating once or twice, stuck by me, and still I wanted to mess around. So I ended it on the premise that I clearly wasn't ready. So fast forward to the present day, I've been having the feeling that I've gotten it all out my system and I want something stable. Do I even bother trying to make things work with my ex, or is the relationship so damaged that not much can be salvaged.

We ended on rocky terms because of my being with other girls. Part of me feels like I put her through way to much to even expect a chance. Not sure what to do at this point. I told her how I felt the other day and she said something to the effect of not being sure if she could trust me which is completely understandable. Just not sure where to go from here.
You're right. Except, you should've seen enough corny romantic movies to know that the next step is proving to her why you deserve that trust again. Quite obvious that she's still the one on your mind, so do some little things for her that'll get her to open up to you more.

Warning: The following statements contain dangerously high levels of simpery.

Spoiler [+]
You could send her flowers at her work, send her text letting her know what you're thinking...or hell even make something that you can give to her. Stuff that shows genuine effort...maybe compile a gift basket of many of her favorite things and leave that on her doorstep? The list goes on...

Whatever you do, don't let anything petty such as pride or lack of hope get in the way of what you want. YOLO

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

You could send her flowers at her work, send her text letting her know what you're thinking...or hell even make something that you can give to her. Stuff that shows genuine effort...maybe compile a gift basket of many of her favorite things and leave that on her doorstep? The list goes on...

Whatever you do, don't let anything petty such as pride or lack of hope get in the way of what you want. YOLO
All that stuff would be ideal, but I'm trying to avoid the notion of "winning" her back. If we end up together, I'd want it to be a result of her coming to the conclusion that she's willing to give me a chance without me having to do anything to sway her opinion. It just seems to me that doing stuff like that could get her back to me now, but could potentially cause her to question the decision later on.

You'll get back in the game, but then will quickly be subbed out.. dont take that L.. girls forgive, but never forget.

Originally Posted by Phen0m

You'll get back in the game, but then will quickly be subbed out.. dont take that L.. girls forgive, but never forget.

We never forget especially if we really cared about the dude

If you can live with the fact that someday she might just use the times you cheated on her and she stuck by you as an excuse for her own %%%+ ups, then by all means go for it, hopefully she's better than that and you'll luck out and you guys might end up making it work for the long term...when was the last time ya spoke?...how would you approach her?....like why should she believe that you guys will be serious this time?

Show her this thread OP.
Are you ready to settle down for real, though?
How old are you?
Keep us updated

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

the ball is in her court.. its going to be her decision.. if she want you or not..

THIS....

I know how it feels because I'm in the same position as you and we have pretty similar stories
tired.gif
, but all you can do is change and become a better person. Do you and if its meant to be it will happen, if not the break up its for the best. She has to really want to be with you in order for things to workout, you messed up(like me) and gotta live with the consequences.

Dont try to force things bro.... Good luck in getting her back BUT DONT FORCE IT..

Back
Top Bottom