Another look at how good sea glow works on XI bottoms

soles separated from sea glow, now I need to glue it. I'm thinkin about taking soles off completely, and sea glow the soles separate to perfection before gluing back on.

soles separated from sea glow, now I need to glue it. I'm thinkin about taking soles off completely, and sea glow the soles separate to perfection before gluing back on.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

You can do that, or, you can clamp it down while the glue is still moist and take it out the sun and let the glue dry back up. I usually use rubber bands to clamp it together for at least an hour so the glue can dry back up. I learned from the ISS forums that it's not the sea glow that causes separation. It's actually the carbon fiber plate. When the plate heats up from the sun it causes the glue to melt and separate. So to prevent it, you can also place a wet paper towel/napkin on top of the plate to keep it cool. It at least kept the separation to the minimum. Since I accidentally left it on there until the napkin fully dried up. If you keep the napkin wet, it should be good.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

You can do that, or, you can clamp it down while the glue is still moist and take it out the sun and let the glue dry back up. I usually use rubber bands to clamp it together for at least an hour so the glue can dry back up. I learned from the ISS forums that it's not the sea glow that causes separation. It's actually the carbon fiber plate. When the plate heats up from the sun it causes the glue to melt and separate. So to prevent it, you can also place a wet paper towel/napkin on top of the plate to keep it cool. It at least kept the separation to the minimum. Since I accidentally left it on there until the napkin fully dried up. If you keep the napkin wet, it should be good.

^^^yea I would think so. I didn't leave the rubber bands on there that long. Just long enough so the glue would dry up. Plus, the rubber bands I used were kinda stretched out a lil. I did them on my concords; been worn since I bought them back when they retroed. There wasn't much of a difference after I took the rubber bands off.

^^^yea I would think so. I didn't leave the rubber bands on there that long. Just long enough so the glue would dry up. Plus, the rubber bands I used were kinda stretched out a lil. I did them on my concords; been worn since I bought them back when they retroed. There wasn't much of a difference after I took the rubber bands off.

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

I am wondering if Sea Glow only provides a temporary solution to the oxidation/yellowing. I can't see this as a permanent solution. Can anyone confirm this after wearing their kicks regularly after whitening them again from Sea Glow?
It is only temporary, i have noticed that slowly but surely that my soles are starting to yellow again.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

I am wondering if Sea Glow only provides a temporary solution to the oxidation/yellowing. I can't see this as a permanent solution. Can anyone confirm this after wearing their kicks regularly after whitening them again from Sea Glow?
It is only temporary, i have noticed that slowly but surely that my soles are starting to yellow again.
tired.gif

Can sum1 post a step by step on how they get rid of yellowing on clear soles pls. Or a video. Also if sum1 has tips nd tricks on how to use seaglow and silken seal stuff. Id appreciate it. I haven't done this stuff so ima give it a shot. I don't wna ruin my breds nd jams so if anyone out here who's done this to their 11s pls share.. thanks NTers. =)

Can sum1 post a step by step on how they get rid of yellowing on clear soles pls. Or a video. Also if sum1 has tips nd tricks on how to use seaglow and silken seal stuff. Id appreciate it. I haven't done this stuff so ima give it a shot. I don't wna ruin my breds nd jams so if anyone out here who's done this to their 11s pls share.. thanks NTers. =)

Originally Posted by vipersupra

You won't ruin your "breds" cuz they're colored. Seaglow works on clear soles and white rubber.

Step by step is right here. Scroll down to the sea glow section --> http://niketalk.com/topic/15471

There are different methods on how to apply seaglow. Check out YouTube cuz there's more than one way to apply, sit dry, etc. I'm about to try the UV light method instead of using sunlight. Hope I could help.

You won't ruin your "breds" cuz they're colored. Seaglow works on clear soles and white rubber.

Step by step is right here. Scroll down to the sea glow section --> http://niketalk.com/topic/15471

There are different methods on how to apply seaglow. Check out YouTube cuz there's more than one way to apply, sit dry, etc. I'm about to try the UV light method instead of using sunlight. Hope I could help.

Back
Top Bottom