Another Earthquake in MD!!! EDIT: 5.8 in Virginia

I know now... they actually staged this "earthquake" to take the public eye off of Will & Jada's "separation". The scientologists are behind it. KNEW IT.

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Wow what's wrong with you guys? Laughing at people from NYC who get a little shook when something related to 911 happens... If you throw an event that rarely happens into a place where people aren't prepared for it- it's going to be talked about, it most likely will be on the news and for a while. So did you guys just expect the news to mention it once and the mayor say nothing? Then wouldn't you guys all be making up theories how the government is testing weapons and one went off so they brush it off as some earthquake to make everyone feel better?? Maybe not. But a lot of you WOULD be saying ridiculous stuff if it wasn't addressed and talked about. I sure as hell would want to reassure my city that has gone through a tragic event and also address what to do in case of mother nature flipping out. Most of you Cali cats are so corny. You can't come in here and say yo glad everyone is safe and hope everyone in the DMV is good... instead you gotta come in here and make yourselves seem cooler than everyone by being insensitive and actually looking like a d-bag. Bravo, d-bags.

somebody is taking the joking a little too serious

Wow what's wrong with you guys? Laughing at people from NYC who get a little shook when something related to 911 happens... If you throw an event that rarely happens into a place where people aren't prepared for it- it's going to be talked about, it most likely will be on the news and for a while. So did you guys just expect the news to mention it once and the mayor say nothing? Then wouldn't you guys all be making up theories how the government is testing weapons and one went off so they brush it off as some earthquake to make everyone feel better?? Maybe not. But a lot of you WOULD be saying ridiculous stuff if it wasn't addressed and talked about. I sure as hell would want to reassure my city that has gone through a tragic event and also address what to do in case of mother nature flipping out. Most of you Cali cats are so corny. You can't come in here and say yo glad everyone is safe and hope everyone in the DMV is good... instead you gotta come in here and make yourselves seem cooler than everyone by being insensitive and actually looking like a d-bag. Bravo, d-bags.
Truth.
My sister works in DC and they thought they were under attack because it was so random. 

btw

303567_10150292355151950_777621949_7770581_4726226_n.jpg

laugh.gif

^ this. the marshals in my bldg was being str8 suckas. wouldnt let me get my purse and keys or nothing.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

somebody is taking the joking a little too serious

A lot of these guys are EXTRA sensitive. If it actually caused a lot of damage, do you think people would joke? No.

Let's call this a blessing in disguise for the east coast. Now they know that nobody is susceptible to earthquakes and maybe they will retrofit their buildings and take necessary precautions for the future.

I woke up because of the shaking, checked on family members and went back to sleep. It was the first earthquake I've experienced, and eventhough it was a 5.9...it didn't really phase me.

they act like we don't know the dangers of earthquakes or something.

like east coasters have never said in jest that cali should break off with a huge earthquake. what, not funny when the tables are turned? we're all glad you guys are okay. even for us that we have them more often than you do, even small ones are scary.

like east coasters have never said in jest that cali should break off with a huge earthquake. what, not funny when the tables are turned? we're all glad you guys are okay. even for us that we have them more often than you do, even small ones are scary.
CWrite, the big difference is this, when y'all feel something like a quake in the West Coast you guys know what it is...whether it be big or small, so the anxiety level for you guys is more likely be less. The Easties for the most part don't know what the %%%% is going on...just that it feels weird and uncommon. So no matter if it was big or small it was the unfamiliarity that threw people off. Nothing more nothing less.

I used to live in Cali so I knew instantly what was going down, so I immediately went into preparation mode. Well as much preparation one can do in some drawers and knee high socks 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Man, what was I thinking getting on the metro. I could get to my destination faster running.
Son I would have been beyond %*@@*$ if metro was shut down.  I work in NW and leave my car at Branch Ave.  My phone lost its signal for hours.  Even if I could of got a ride traffic was gridlocked...

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

CWrite, the big difference is this, when y'all feel something like a quake in the West Coast you guys know what it is...whether it be big or small, so the anxiety level for you guys is more likely be less. The Easties for the most part don't know what the !%+# is going on...just that it feels weird and uncommon. So no matter if it was big or small it was the unfamiliarity that threw people off. Nothing more nothing less.

I used to live in Cali so I knew instantly what was going down, so I immediately went into preparation mode. Well as much preparation one can do in some drawers and knee high socks 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

doesn't matter bro, first few seconds it's still scary. because you don't know who hard it's actually going to hit or how long it's going to last. i mean, i get what you're saying, especially after 9/11. but still, it's not like it's something you get used to. especially since for some damn reason we always get hit with them late at night or extra early in the morning
laugh.gif

either way, dude up there was being extra sensitive for no reason.
30t6p3b.gif
if he thought dudes were being serious about talking mess to the east coast.

If you're on a high floor of a building, you are not just brushing it off. I work on the top floor (22nd) in Brooklyn Heights and didn't feel the initial shake. My coworker was like "Do you guys feel that shaking?" and coincidentally, the entire office was clowning on one of our fat cowokers that called out today because she slipped on some water yesterday in the office. I thought he was being a little grimey by clowning her outloud in front of everyone. I sat down and the building was shaking a bit, swaying back and forth, and my first thought was +!+%!!! F THE WOMEN, I'M OUT! If you're on the top floor and can't use the elevators in case of earthquakes or any disaster, running down 20+ flights of stairs is NOT a joke and nothing to be brushed off...especially when we don't get quakes around here.

Last time I felt the ground shake like this? 9/11 when I was 3 blocks from the Towers.

I was in a whole sale store for work getting drinks, and I didn't feel it, wish I did. (Brooklyn, NY).

Was at BK thought it was another terrorist attack, that's what people were saying, until the word earthquake was tossed around.

Originally Posted by tune205

The president just happened to be on vacation? Hmmmm

this is the first thing that went through my mind after the initial "$*$ was that" ... And I high tailed it down 9 flights of stairs ...

I was woken up to my whole house shaking.. I thought my house was gonna collapse, good thing it was only a 5.8

Back
Top Bottom